FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Name That Thing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Nail on the head usaf. Sex without emotional attachment is perfectly fine/ healthy.
Exactly, which is why people shouldn't be shunned or have to "walk the hall of shame" when they do have sex without personal attachment. Hence, why a number of the forum doesn't think it's funny.

Why does sex have to be humourless?
Why does humor during sex have to be sexist?It's one thing to have the bell for humor, but it's another that the bell is used to victimize someone after doing something completely normal and natural. And then they are called "sluts" for it. Sure, a lot of the women don't seem to mind, but what about the ones that do? What if they don't want it announced every time they put out? We can sit here all day and argue morals.

I'm not calling them sluts, the people who think the bell is a bad idea tends to be the ones calling them sluts if you have a look at this thread. Sex doesn't have to be omg super serious, and if a guy can do it, why not a girl? Why can a guy bang 8 random girls and get high fives, but a girl bangs 8 dudes, she's a slut?
This arguement can go on for weeks, and still none of us will budge. I will agree to "if the woman doesn't mind, then it's fair game, and is in fact, humorous." And to answer your question about the difference between guys and girls, it's because of today's society. It's just how it is. I don't agree to it, but I understand this isn't a perfect world. The world is racist, sexist, ageist and homophobic, but that doesn't mean I have to be.

So stop being sexist if you're opposed to it. Who are you to decide what the girls will and wont do, or what they find offensive/ funny?
How in the hell do you think I am sexist? Really, explain to me how I am being sexist.

Because you're assuming that these girls need to be protected, or that he is degrading/ hurting them. How do you know that the girl doesn't find it funny, or doesn't mind in the least? Because she's a woman you assume that he's doing something wrong. Leave it to the people involved, and what they choose to do.

So you're saying I'm a sexist because I proposed a feminine opinion?

All I said was that maybe a woman wouldn't find it funny, and feel victimized.  I never said all of them would.  I said that maybe, people should think about how other people would feel before making a crude joke that could be hurtful to someone.

If a girl wants to put out, and have it announced via boxing bell, that's up to them, and more power to them. 

There, I'm sexist, because I consider other people's feelings before my own amusement. 

Edited by Styro Folme - 13 August 2008 at 8:38pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Sorry, I will speak slower for you next time.. I no take your mom to retard dance. OK?

Not my fault you use words that noone uses that I had to check a dictionary for.

Que pasa?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:40pm
In other news, I feel this thread will be locked soon.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:41pm

Should have been already with people making stupid assumptions.
Que pasa?

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:45pm
I jumped to page 6 expecting to "name a thing", but instead I got arguments.

I should have known better...
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Should have been already with people making stupid assumptions.

I'll agree to that. 

Not to mention the amounts of trolling.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 9:17pm
I sincerely hope oldpbnoob is trolling, and isn't as stupid as he appears to be. Maybe he's Jesus from #smalltalk.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 9:19pm

I sincerely hope oldpbnoob is trolling, and isn't as stupid as he appears to be. Maybe he's Jesus from #smalltalk.

Definitely trolling.

ANd him being Jesus is a possibility
Que pasa?

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 9:29pm

I'm not sure why you folks have such a hard time with pbnoob's point. 

This thread is about behavior that is at a minimum rooted in misogyny.  Violence towards women in general is highly correlated with misogynistic attitudes, and date rape particularly so - much more so than stranger rape.

I don't believe that he is arguing that rape is actually occurring (although that would be a defensible claim), but simply noting that by supporting or accepting this type of behavior we are supporting and perpetuating the exact same attitudes that lead directly to date rape.

It's not that complicated, really.

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2008 at 11:17pm

Date Rape, it's not worth it.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I'm not sure why you folks have such a hard time with pbnoob's point. 

This thread is about behavior that is at a minimum rooted in misogyny.  Violence towards women in general is highly correlated with misogynistic attitudes, and date rape particularly so - much more so than stranger rape.

I don't believe that he is arguing that rape is actually occurring (although that would be a defensible claim), but simply noting that by supporting or accepting this type of behavior we are supporting and perpetuating the exact same attitudes that lead directly to date rape.

It's not that complicated, really.

Thank you.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:28pm
I like how Oldpbnoob doesn't get a strike for calling Jmac's mom a retard, even though he's seen the warnings Jmac got in this thread.

Nice level upholding of the rules across the board.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

I like how Oldpbnoob doesn't get a strike for calling Jmac's mom a retard, even though he's seen the warnings Jmac got in this thread.Nice level upholding of the rules across the board.

Good point, it could have been his father or some enviromental factor that made Jmac who he is today. OldPb is making broad accusations without concrete evidence.

Edited by JohnnyHopper - 14 August 2008 at 12:34pm
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:33pm

I like how Oldpbnoob doesn't get a strike for calling Jmac's mom a retard, even though he's seen the warnings Jmac got in this thread.

Rambs is Ageist
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:34pm

You're right. I was totally out of line for letting Jmac bait me into stooping to his level. I sincerly apologize and ask the moderators to please add a strike to my account for my actions.

I also apologize for my generation as we have obviously done an incredibly bad job of passing down acceptable values in regards to respecting women to our sons and younger brothers. By the general sentiment here and from what I see elsewhere in society, we have failed you miserably.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 14 August 2008 at 12:38pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by JohnnyHopper JohnnyHopper wrote:

I like how Oldpbnoob doesn't get a strike for calling Jmac's mom a retard, even though he's seen the warnings Jmac got in this thread.Nice level upholding of the rules across the board.

Good point, it could have been his father or some enviromental factor that made Jmac who he is today. OldPb is making broad accusations without concrete evidence.

Thumbs up to you for that...don't care how you meant it.

Also, I bet just about everyone in this thread respects women. Ringing a bell=/=disrespecting women.
Que pasa?

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

You're right. I was totally out of line for letting Jmac bait me into stooping to his level. I sincerly apologize and ask the moderators to please add a strike to my account for my actions.

I also apologize for my generation as we have obviously done an incredibly bad job of passing down acceptable values in regards to respecting women to our sons and younger brothers. By the general sentiment here and from what I see elsewhere in society, we have failed you miserably.

So now were generalizing a whole generation into not having respect for women?

And your also catagorizing a seperate generation into not teaching this other whole, younger generation into not respecting women?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:47pm
Broad generalizations/assumptions FTW
Que pasa?

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:47pm
It wasn't the bell I originally took issue with. I don't give a crap what consenting (key word there) adults do for fun, from a light tap on the backside to a rape fantasy or toys. I don't care.

It was the "walk of shame" part that I felt/feel is the problem. That is thrust upon somebody who was just as willing as the person being cheered on back in the bedroom. The very name speaks of disrespect.

Do what you want in bed, but I take issue with anybody thrusting shame on a person for it.

JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

thrusting shame on a person

Speaking of that, I'll be your Anita Ward baby :)
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic