FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Georgia under Russian attack...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Georgia under Russian attack...
    Posted: 08 August 2008 at 12:22pm
whoopdee do, I live in South Kakalacky. I am surprised that they didn't attack Atlanta first :)

Burn baby burn
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 12:24pm
I see what you did there.
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 12:42pm
prague... 2.0....

but seriously i just read about something like this in a book called Blackwater USA. basically the black sea has a ton of oil in it and the us was trying to not go through russian/ russian allied land aka azerbaijian and i think other places... they put mercenaries in there to "evaluate" the training of azerbaijiani navy seals with the main goal of routing a pipe line to the western world.  say hello to world war 3.... probably why were in the mid-east... both superpowers are looking for plentiful and strategic oil sources for their campaigns ... but then again this is the speculation of an 18 year old californian.....CONSPIRACY!!!!! maybe
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 12:49pm
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 12:54pm
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

One of the best movies evar.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:08pm
WOOOOLLLLVERINES!!!!!
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 4:17pm
*loosens tie, waits for applause to die down, steps closer to mic* But seriously people, it's a pretty terrible situation, we're talking war with a prospective NATO country and ethnic cleansing.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

*loosens tie, waits for applause to die down, steps closer to mic* But seriously people, it's a pretty terrible situation, we're talking war with a prospective NATO country and ethnic cleansing.

I think the ethnic cleansing that Russia is claiming is their "WMD" catchall for a reason to invade. They already gave almost every single South Ossetian citizen Russian passports in a bid to fold that part of Georgia back into the Soviet Unio... err... Russian Federation. Russia is pulling a US move here in an attempt to wrest Georgia's oil fields and distribution system away from it's owners and into it's own hands, or hands of friendly regimes. Gazprom is effectively Putin's company and Medvedev is essentially Putin's cabana boy. If Putin feels that he can benefit financially from the war, he'll burn Georgia to the ground and let his soldiers rape and pillage all the way to the black sea. When NATO steps up and starts making noises, he'll pull the old soviet tactic of pointing the finger at us and accusing us of doing the same thing in Iran or Afghanistan.

The Russian Federation is quickly dying here folks. Putin has successfully smashed Gorbachev's dream of a free Russia.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 6:15pm
All I could think of was the origional Ghost Recon....
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

One of the best movies evar.

Word, and best Swayzee movie ever.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 7:21pm
also hate to tell you all I told you so. But I told you the Commie threat wasn't gone.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

also hate to tell you all I told you so. But I told you the Commie threat wasn't gone.

You're preaching to the choir there bubba!

Interesting thing, read what the two US candidates for president have stated about this current conflict. One of them realizes the wide-reaching ramifications of this act by Russia, the other does not.

Update,

Russia has since bombed the Port of Poti and has started taking down civil and economic targets. It's gonna be Budapest 1956 all over again... Georgia's President is set to announce Martial Law within the hour. God I'd love to see some NATO fighters in the air against the Russians at this point.

Edited by tallen702 - 08 August 2008 at 8:36pm
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Interesting thing, read what the two US candidates for president have stated about this current conflict. One of them realizes the wide-reaching ramifications of this act by Russia, the other does not.

Update,

Russia has since bombed the Port of Poti and has started taking down civil and economic targets. It's gonna be Budapest 1956 all over again... Georgia's President is set to announce Martial Law within the hour. God I'd love to see some NATO fighters in the air against the Russians at this point.

i third that.... but i do think its gonna be WWIII
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 9:21pm
Well, I didn't call this out when I was a freshmen in highschool or anything...

I should go visit just to tell my Wars of the 20th Century teacher, "I told you so."
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 9:54pm
Just to make this matter a bit more to everyone who hasn't joined in the conversation, expect oil futures to sky-rocket again as the Sovie... err, I mean Russian Air Force just finished blowing up tankers and pumping stations at the port of Poti.

That's what really makes me question this scenario. Putin obviously isn't happy with the drop in oil futures. That means less money funneled into Gazprom's funds and thus less money funneled to him. I wouldn't put it past him to be pulling a Dub-ya just to line his own pockets.

Edited by tallen702 - 08 August 2008 at 9:56pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 10:04pm
Dear lord. My aunt is Ossetian, and has family there...

This could get depressing quick...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by unvolution unvolution wrote:

Update,

No, it won't go that far.

German and French will practice appeasement like they always do, and the US and UK are in no position to stop the Russians.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Update,

German and French will practice appeasement like they always do, and the US and UK are in no position to stop the Russians.

You do know that Both France and Germany have new Conservative pro US leaders. I think you should do your homework before commenting.

I cant find any news articles of blown up Tankers and Refineries. Seems all the US Media is concerned with John Edward's love child.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 10:22pm

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Update,

You do know that Both France and Germany have new Conservative pro US leaders. I think you should do your homework before commenting.

I cant find any news articles of blown up Tankers and Refineries. Seems all the US Media is concerned with John Edward's love child.

How many times throughout modern history has France opted to go to war unless it was directly involving their territory as opposed to the US/UK?

And Germany?

Ok then.

Pro-US and anti-US doesn't have as much to do with it as the peoples views on it.

Edited by Linus - 08 August 2008 at 10:24pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic