Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Police Given Permission to Shoot Dogs

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 07 April 2008
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 1403
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police Given Permission to Shoot Dogs
    Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:49pm
This seems to have stirred up some controversy in my area based on all the comments the article got.

Article

Basically 2 pitt bulls were fighting in a house and the owners couldn't stop them.  They called the cops, and gave them written permission to shoot the dogs.  Now everyones freaking out about it.

I don't see what the big deal is.  Even if these dogs were separated safely, they probably would have just put them down anyways
Back to Top
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Joined: 11 March 2004
Location: Turkey
Status: Offline
Points: 8102
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:53pm
Why would anyone want a pit bull?

Back to Top
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
American Scotchy

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: VA, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 7108
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:12pm
this is why people should have guns... shoot your own damn dogs...

side note if i was the cop i would have at leaste tried to spray the dogs or been bags or something.

fighting dogs would probably be put down anyways but i wouldent have wanted to deal with the BS.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Back to Top
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 12 April 2007
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1634
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:26pm

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Why would anyone want a pit bull?

Tru dat.

Back to Top
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 July 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5619
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 11:37pm
there are other ways to stop dogs from fighting rather than shooting them. that's just ridiculous.



Back to Top
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Joined: 29 December 2005
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3489
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

there are other ways to stop dogs from fighting rather than shooting them. that's just ridiculous.




Yeah, like bludgeoning them to death with a shovel.
Back to Top
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested and IP banned

Joined: 23 November 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3336
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:51am
I'd of shot their asses, you don't want to get in the middle of two dogs that are fighting.
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:56am
Pit Bulls can be good dogs. It's idiot owners (much like these) who let these dogs get into trouble. Because these idiots obviously had no idea how to properly raise this breed, two dogs are now dead. GG

Why is it that the police where called instead of the proper authorities (Animal Control)?
Back to Top
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 January 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

I'd of shot their asses, you don't want to get in the middle of two dogs that are fighting.


that would go through a dog's hips, rendering it useless, and going through all of the rear end.  That would be horrible.

They could've manned up and tried to pull them off, hit em with a stick, anything but shot them.  I'd flip if someone did that to my dog, I love my dog
Back to Top
Savage93fvss View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 677
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 1:27am
But they said they could shoot them. The dogs where fighting, obviously it was a hell of a fight. They could of tazed both of the dogs at the same time and them put them down later. Or they could of just shot them, right there, like they did. I see nothing at all wrong with what the police officers did.
Back to Top
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 07 April 2008
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 1403
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Why is it that the police where called instead of the proper authorities (Animal Control)?


Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

Lyle Herman, director of St. Clair County Humane Law Enforcement, said the agency isn't responsible for animal control in Port Huron, but he believes the dogs' fates would have been the same if the agency had been involved.

Since the two dogs couldn't be separated, the agency likely would have called police for help, he said.

Not really sure what Humane Law Enforcement is (I've never heard of it till now), but apparently according to that quote, it wouldn't have made a difference.


Edited by Zata - 03 August 2008 at 2:02am
Back to Top
.636 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Joined: 24 October 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 2:30am
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Why would anyone want a pit bull?



Why would anyone want a Labrador.

Properly trained pit bulls are suck up dogs. Very smart and are very gentle. Took care of one for a while and all it did was want to lay on me or play.
Back to Top
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Joined: 25 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1083
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 2:55am

I dont see the problem, the owners gave the officers written permission to shoot them. Although pepper spray and/or tasers would have been much more effective and could hvae kept the dogs alive.

However, it seems as though those dogs were trained to fight, so it was probably better off they were shot than to have let them live and kill other dogs in the illegal rings.

Back to Top
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike one, swearing

Joined: 12 December 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 434
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:05am
 I remember hearing along time ago, S.W.A.T raided some drug dealers houses, they reportedly killed 4 or so pitbulls the owners had in the entry of the house...
 
 I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,8,5,3,2,1
Back to Top
.636 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Joined: 24 October 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 990
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:08am
Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:


 
 I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...


Just like any other dog can
Back to Top
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Joined: 25 August 2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1083
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:11am

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:


 
 I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...


Just like any other dog can

however true that may be, pitbulls are still worse due to thier oversized jaw and the ammount of pressure they can apply with it. And NTm the fact that thier breeding was ment for fighting, so they have more of an aggression factor in thier brains than most every other dog does



Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 03 August 2008 at 3:12am
Back to Top
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested - Repeat Offender

Joined: 05 September 2005
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 1715
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:


 
 I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...


Just like any other dog can

however true that may be, pitbulls are still worse due to thier oversized jaw and the ammount of pressure they can apply with it. And NTm the fact that thier breeding was ment for fighting, so they have more of an aggression factor in thier brains than most every other dog does



Rottweilers> Pitbulls

For jaw strength. I love my rotty.
Back to Top
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
What AM I smoking?

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5690
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 6:41am
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:


Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:

I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still <span style="font-weight: bold;">a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...</span>
Just like any other dog can


however true that may be, pitbulls are still worse due to thier oversized jaw and the ammount of pressure they can apply with it. And NTm the fact that thier breeding was ment for fighting, so they have more of an aggression factor in thier brains than most every other dog does

Rottweilers> PitbullsFor jaw strength. I love my rotty.


I wish I still had mine.
He was a monster; 140 pounds at age 3, and not fat.
He never tried to hurt anyone, but he'd scare the crap out of people that he didn't know when they came to our house.
Back to Top
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Joined: 28 February 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8087
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:


 
 I hate pitbulls... you can have the sweetest pitbull in the world, but there's still a chance one day, it could snap and attack you...


Just like any other dog can

however true that may be, pitbulls are still worse due to thier oversized jaw and the ammount of pressure they can apply with it. And NTm the fact that thier breeding was ment for fighting, so they have more of an aggression factor in thier brains than most every other dog does

Any dog has enough jaw pressure to kill someone.  And because they're "bread for fighting" doesn't mean that's what they're going to do if raised properly.  By your logic, because our ancestors killed animals with spears to survive, means I'm going to run around my city holding a spear and eating raw squirrel-on-a-stick.  Maybe not today, but it could happen someday, right? 
Back to Top
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Joined: 06 August 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8442
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

I dont see the problem, the owners gave the officers written permission to shoot them. Although pepper spray and/or tasers would have been much more effective and could hvae kept the dogs alive.

However, it seems as though those dogs were trained to fight, so it was probably better off they were shot than to have let them live and kill other dogs in the illegal rings.



Do you have any experience at all with this breed or your just repeating what you've heard from the news/other people?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.