Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Police Given Permission to Shoot Dogs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 10:23am
I've been around some friendly pitt bulls, and although they were nice and all, I still was kind of nervous around them.  I feel bad for the breed and the responsible owners out there because the media really gives them a bad rap.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 10:34am
my sister was taking care of a pit bull. this dog was the sweetest dog in the world very timid never aggressive.

one day the owners boxer was harassing the dog. the pit bull was all cut up from the boxers nails (boxer dident have any teeth) the pit bull snapped and almost killed the boxer...

my moms brother and sister have always raised pit bulls and never had a problem. they are probably the quietest most well behaved dogs i have ever seen.

however, stereotypically the breed is owned by people who want a "bad ass" dog and dont train them right. also traits can be carried from breeding. just like puppy mill dogs can be very jumpy and skiddish pit bulls can be very aggressive. in addition the dog is a VERY powerful breed. if anything happens it can do a lot of damage quickly.

i think that owning a pit bull along with other "aggressive" breeds should require a licance. (insurance companies call them aggressive i believe. dogs such as pit bulls, rotties, dobermins, ect)

saving the world, one warship at a time.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

I'd of shot their asses, you don't want to get in the middle of two dogs that are fighting.

that would go through a dog's hips, rendering it useless, and going through all of the rear end.  That would be horrible.

They could've manned up and tried to pull them off, hit em with a stick, anything but shot them.  I'd flip if someone did that to my dog, I love my dog

I haven't read past this post but I never said I'd have shot them in the hips. I have two dogs and they're awesome. I love my dogs and yea, theres no way I'd let someone do that but those dogs were probably going to kill each other anyways. I would have just shot them in the head and been done with it. Not sure why it took them 7 shots.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:42pm
^he was making a joke about you using the word "asses" to refer to the dogs.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:44pm
Oh...
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 12:58pm
Dog fights are hard to break up, and it doesn't have anything to do with size.

When my mini-dachshunds decide to go at it, there is pretty much no stopping it.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Dog fights are hard to break up, and it doesn't have anything to do with size.

When my mini-dachshunds decide to go at it, there is pretty much no stopping it.

1.Grab dob #1 and hold in air
2.Kick dog #2 in mouth
3.????
4. Profit
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

I dont see the problem, the owners gave the officers written permission to shoot them. Although pepper spray and/or tasers would have been much more effective and could hvae kept the dogs alive.

However, it seems as though those dogs were trained to fight, so it was probably better off they were shot than to have let them live and kill other dogs in the illegal rings.

Do you have any experience at all with this breed or your just repeating what you've heard from the news/other people?

im repeating what my dad has told me dealing with them first handed for 15 years

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 8:39pm
So your dad fights dogs ?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2008 at 8:48pm
hes a popo in the Dallas/Ft.Worth Area, there's alot of pitbulls in the projects, just like any other big city
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 10:10am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

So your dad fights dogs ?

Dude... I would totally get a rottweiler again.
Ours was trained quite well. My parents took him to a training program with other dog-owners, and he would come if you called him, and do basically anything you told him.
Gentlest dog you could meet, unless he thought you shouldn't be at our house. He'd bark and go nuts, scaring the crap out of whoever/whatever it was, without needing to attack them (from inside his kennel).

That is a good dog, IMO.

Pitbulls can be trained exactly the same.

Edited by Bunkered - 04 August 2008 at 10:13am
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 11:07pm
Pitbulls would be a desirable breed for me because they can defend themselves...  not only themselves, but me as well.  I'm not one of those people who want a "bad ass dog to fight and win me sum benjies" but a strong dog that could assist in my fight for my life seems very desirable to me.  Pitbulls can be very sweet dogs though...  which is another appeal.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 11:36pm

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Pitbulls would be a desirable breed for me because they can defend themselves...  not only themselves, but me as well.  I'm not one of those people who want a "bad ass dog to fight and win me sum benjies" but a strong dog that could assist in my fight for my life seems very desirable to me.  Pitbulls can be very sweet dogs though...  which is another appeal.

German Shepherd???

canon123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canon123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2008 at 10:12am
what does it matter who dispatched the pits, being uncontrollable, they were going to be put down anyway. i'm a dog lover untill it comes to pits, they have been bred down to a point that most are eventually uncontrollable-kill em all, let God sort em out.... oh yeah, i have had rotts and dobies-no compairison to pitts

Edited by canon123 - 05 August 2008 at 10:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic