Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus
    Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by article article wrote:

ASSOCIATED PRESS • July 31, 2008

PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Manitoba — A man aboard a Greyhound bus repeatedly stabbed and then decapitated a fellow passenger, witnesses said today.

The man, who was not identified, was arrested for the murder, which occurred Wednesday night aboard a bus traveling from Edmonton, Albert, to Winnipeg, Manitoba, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a statement.
Authorities also declined to name the victim and provided no other details about the attack.

But passenger Garnet Caton said the victim was stabbed dozens of times by the man sitting next to him. The passenger then severed the man’s head with a large knife.

“We heard this bloodcurdling scream and turned around, and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times,” Caton said from a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, where he and other passengers had been taken to rest.

“There was no rage or anything. He was like a robot, stabbing the guy.”

Caton said other passengers raced from the bus, and that he and the driver held the door shut from the outside while awaiting police.

He said the attacker calmly came to the front of the bus to show off the head.

“He dropped the head and went back and started cutting the body back up,” said Cody Olmstead, a passenger from Kentville, Nova Scotia.

The victim, who Caton said appeared to be about 19, had been on the bus since Edmonton. He said the attacker boarded the bus in Brandon, Manitoba.

The suspect had been on the bus for about an hour and didn’t even sit near his victim at first.

“He sat in the front at first, everything was normal,” Caton said.

“We went to the next stop and he got off and had a smoke with another young lady there. When he got on the bus again, he came to the back near where I was sitting.

“He put his bags in the overhead compartment. He didn’t say a word to anybody. He seemed totally normal. About a half an hour later, we heard this bloodcurdling scream.”

Public Safety Minister Stockwell Day called it a “bizarre” and “horrific” incident, but did not discuss details of the attack, saying he did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

“We want to make sure that the process is followed as aggressively as possible, a full legal process, and the perpetrator is definitely dealt with the full force of the law,” he said.

Greyhound spokeswoman Abby Wambaugh said 37 passengers and one driver were on the bus.

Thats like horror movie kinda stuff...
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:39pm
canadians are a bunch of pussies.  why wouldnt they help the guy out?
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:58pm
They would if they had guns 
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:02pm
This story must be a hoax. There is no violence in Canada, ever. Unless the murder was originally from Texas or something. 
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:10pm

BOTW?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

BOTW?

indeed
im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:32pm

it happened.  i think they did the right thing, by confining him to the bus.  tragedy strikes. better to have 1 dead than multiple.  i dont know how i'd react in that kind of situation.

but the poor victim, didnt even get a chance. knifed while sleeping

98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:37pm
Good thing hand guns are illegal there or he may have shot the man.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Good thing hand guns are illegal there or he
may have shot the man.

I'd rather be shot than stabbed repeatedly.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

may have shot the man.

I hope to god you're joking.

Here's a full article, kind of worded differently, seems the guy tried to escape.

Link
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:03pm

may have shot the man.

Why? I would assume being shot would be a lot less of a <poopy> death than being stabbed multiple times. Then again, I have never been stabbed or shot so I wouldn't know for sure.

Edited by Rambino - 31 July 2008 at 5:52pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:04pm
Trust me, They both hurt.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

may have shot the man.

Why? I would assume being shot would be a lot less of a <poopy> death than being stabbed multiple times. Then again, I have never been stabbed or shot so I wouldn't know for sure.

Thats what I was going for with that comment... God, guess I have to put little sarcasm tags in every post now.

Edited by Rambino - 31 July 2008 at 5:53pm
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:16pm

Good thing hand guns are illegal there or he may have shot the man.

They are not illegal.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:22pm
1) Thats horrible.
2a) Guns are legal in Canada. They are just much more restricted and regulated than in the U.S.
2b) Legal guns =/= everyone has guns.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:23pm
they should of taken a plane...
Enmity View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enmity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:25pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:29pm
did he make a skin hat?
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:43pm
 Just read it was in Canada, thankfully I live in America, where soon, very soon, something like this won't be able to happen to me as easily...
 60 bucks for a Permit, and around 450$ for a Ruger 45. ...

"Like a Robot" thats a really chilling discription of a man decapitating another man...

I wonder what the guy did, if they knew each other, if they got into a argument or if it was completely random, either way if I was there, and had a firearm, I would have felt no remorse for taking his life after seeing something like that..
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:50pm
Shens. Everyone knows no one dies in Canada.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic