FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:57pm
Rambino, I loled.

Though some effort seem to have been involved.
Que pasa?

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:58pm
I lol'd as well.

Edited by Linus - 01 August 2008 at 11:58pm

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:59pm

JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.

Originally posted by News Story News Story wrote:

AP (Manhattan)  Over the past several months, street crime throughout the borough of Manhattan has declined drastically.  Police Chief O'Hara reports a 76% drop in homicides, an 88% decline in rapes, a 99% decline in beheadings, and 82% decline in muggings.

Residents credit this decline to the arrival of a roving gang of vigilantes.  Armed exclusively with large-bore handguns and the occasional assault rifle or throwing knife, members of this gang use clever nicknames to protect their true identities from retribution.

Gang leader The Hooey told AP that he had had enough, and the only noble thing to do was to dedicate his life to fighting crime.  Fellow gang members Lyenis, dereknub, and .44 Magnum agreed wholeheartedly, although Lyenis appeared distracted by numerous cuts on his hands.

While the community is appreciative of the efforts of the gang (known only as "A-5", a name of unknown origins - some speculate of a relationship to MI-5), there is some concern about side effects.

"Sure," said one resident, "it's great that they stop crime.  But I wish they wouldn't shoot people all the time just for trespassing."

I'm not saying that won't work, but for every sane guy using a pistol, there's 10 insane guys using them..and that's scary.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 6:50am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I doubt a single one of you would have even tried to take him on. I know I wouldn't, and I wouldn't even pretend for a second that I would.

Also, have any of you ever thrown a knife? It's not even remotely easy.

Yes, I have thrown a knife actually. Many times. I can stick my Buck knife (the one I carry) into a tree from 5 yards probably 70% of the time.
The two-handed axe is way harder than a knife, but still relatively easy...

I just know I've stepped in to stop ass-whoopings with baseball bats unarmed, and that didn't bother me.

I guess it depends... If it was a friend/family member? That guy is getting stabbed in the spine while his back's turned. I couldn't live with myself if I allowed that to happen to someone I know.

Even swinging a heavy peice of luggage at his head would do the trick.
And 4 months from now I should have my CCW, and then there would be no question. You'd have to be careful with a gun on a bus, but you could get a shot off safely.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 7:30am
While the guy was knifing and killing the other guy, I know exactly what I'd do.

I would seize the opportunity not to try to throw a knife at him like a movie star, or attack him, but to get the hell off the freakin bus.

I may be no hero, but at least I've got the stones enough to admit it.

I'm getting a good chuckle out of these "Here's what I'D do, RAWR!" lines, when in reality, some of you heroes would probably beat me in getting off the bus.

You've got a fantastic idea of how you're going  to react in a situation like this.....until it happens. Then your throwing knives and diluted ideas of heroics will take a back seat to the need to replace soiled undergarments. Wait until you see someone practically disemboweled and decapitated in front of you, and tell me the first thought in your head isn't "GET ME OUT OF HERE"

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry it’s Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:27am
ITT: BAMFs
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:54am

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.

Originally posted by News Story News Story wrote:

AP (Manhattan)  Over the past several months, street crime throughout the borough of Manhattan has declined drastically.  Police Chief O'Hara reports a 76% drop in homicides, an 88% decline in rapes, a 99% decline in beheadings, and 82% decline in muggings.

Residents credit this decline to the arrival of a roving gang of vigilantes.  Armed exclusively with large-bore handguns and the occasional assault rifle or throwing knife, members of this gang use clever nicknames to protect their true identities from retribution.

Gang leader The Hooey told AP that he had had enough, and the only noble thing to do was to dedicate his life to fighting crime.  Fellow gang members Lyenis, dereknub, and .44 Magnum agreed wholeheartedly, although Lyenis appeared distracted by numerous cuts on his hands.

While the community is appreciative of the efforts of the gang (known only as "A-5", a name of unknown origins - some speculate of a relationship to MI-5), there is some concern about side effects.

"Sure," said one resident, "it's great that they stop crime.  But I wish they wouldn't shoot people all the time just for trespassing."

I'm not saying that won't work, but for every sane guy using a pistol, there's 10 insane guys using them..and that's scary.

Where are you getting these numbers from?

New York City has a ratio of 1:~150 cops:residents, so you're telling me that 1/15th of people living in New York are legally insane? I could believe that when I'm riding on the subway...but seriously, that number is just silly.
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

I doubt a single one of you would have even tried to take him on. I know I wouldn't, and I wouldn't even pretend for a second that I would.

Yes, I have thrown a knife actually. Many times. I can stick my Buck knife (the one I carry) into a tree from 5 yards probably 70% of the time.

I just know I've stepped in to stop ass-whoopings with baseball bats unarmed, and that didn't bother me.

I guess it depends... If it was a friend/family member? That guy is getting stabbed in the spine while his back's turned. I couldn't live with myself if I allowed that to happen to someone I know.

And 4 months from now I should have my CCW, and then there would be no question. You'd have to be careful with a gun on a bus, but you could get a shot off safely.

When exactly are you going to start throwing knives, the people were throwing their kids over top seats, down aisles, people were running, getting trampled and you, you would calmly stand there, whip out your knives and start throwing them..it actually makes me laugh. It's easy to be a hero from where we're all sitting but there are lots of things that you aren't aware of to make a statement like that.  A couple of the passengers tried to get to the back to help some of the women, kids and some older passengers and were trampled.  The guy directly beside the stabbings was a women with a child and one child further up in another seat. By all accounts the poor victim was dead within seconds so I'm not sure even if someone had been able to get in there that it would have made much difference, but again a hard question to answer. Stopping a fight with a baseball bat is a far different thing than stopping a killer on a crowded bus, but thanks for mentioning it, I guess it means you are..what?  I used to bounce at dances to help raise $$ for our hockey team and I broke up fights all night, all summer long for years; guess I'm superman...not.

Edited by JohnnyCanuck - 02 August 2008 at 10:34am
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 10:47am
So Bunkered is gonna kill the guy, whether they guy he's stabbing is dead or not (in my opinion, probably dead), and the rest of us are gonna GTFO. Sounds good.

GL DD Bunkered.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

So Bunkered is gonna kill the guy, whether they guy he's stabbing is dead or not (in my opinion, probably dead), and the rest of us are gonna GTFO. Sounds good.

GL DD Bunkered.

We'll all live. DeTrevni is a Texan.

Plus, we have one zombie. Zombie>Knife.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 1:16pm
Well, this guys already good at decapitation, which is the only guaranteed way to kill zombies.
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 1:39pm
I still think the hatchet would be the way to go, though i'd be one of the dudes trampling peeps down young or old to gtfo.
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 2:13pm
I think anyone here would like to think they would maybe try to help someone out in a case like this, but when it all comes down in rl, its a much different story. Very hard to judge those on board without being there and the people on the bus who were there are crediting some as being heroes for helping kids and others get out off the bus.  I think if our laws allowed people to have ccw's, this person might have had a lot more than just a knife and there could have been a lot more than just one person dead, again who knows.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 2:33pm

I think anyone here would like to think they would maybe try to help someone out in a case like this, but when it all comes down in rl, its a much different story. Very hard to judge those on board without being there and the people on the bus who were there are crediting some as being heroes for helping kids and others get out off the bus.  I think if our laws allowed people to have ccw's, this person might have had a lot more than just a knife and there could have been a lot more than just one person dead, again who knows.

Well, the point is that most people don't have the training to deal with this type of situation. If I were a cop or in the military, I'd almost certainly carry a weapon with me, and therefore would attempt to intervene in the situation.

For example, by shooting this guy in the chest with a .45 a couple of times.

But the point is that there are people who are trained to deal in deadly force, and I'm a civilian. That's not my job, nor should it be.

If I can save someone's life by my actions, then I'd gladly attempt to. But it doesn't look like there is way to do anything but kill the guy with the knife after he killed his victim, and no one was carrying a tool to do it safely either. There's no sense in risking more lives unless someone can in fact be saved.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 2:54pm

I think if our laws allowed people to have ccw's, this person might have had a lot more than just a knife and there could have been a lot more than just one person dead . . .

I'm fairly certain that someone who is willing to stab, slash and behead someone in a public place would not be dissuaded from obtaining/carrying a gun by any laws prohibiting such actions if he desired to do so.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:20pm

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

When exactly are you going to start throwing knives, the people were throwing their kids over top seats, down aisles, people were running, getting trampled and you, you would calmly stand there, whip out your knives and start throwing them..it actually makes me laugh. It's easy to be a hero from where we're all sitting but there are lots of things that you aren't aware of to make a statement like that.š A couple of the passengers tried to get to the back to help some of the women, kids and some older passengers and were trampled.š The guy directly beside the stabbings was a women with a child and one child further up in another seat. By all accounts the poor victim was dead within seconds so I'm not sure even if someone had been able to get in there that it would have made much difference, but again a hard question to answer. Stopping a fight with a baseball bat is a far different thing than stopping a killer on a crowded bus, but thanks for mentioning it, I guess it means you are..what?š I used to bounce at dances to help raise $$ for our hockey team and I broke up fights all night, all summer long for years; guess I'm superman...not.

I never said I would throw my knife in this situation. Someone else did, then Choop said throwing knives was hard. I merely corrected that. Throwing knives is fairly easy, but I wouldn't give up the one knife I carry in an attempt to throw it at the guy.
Stabbing is a higher-percentage tactic.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 9:32pm

I'm shocked, why does it happen more than once? Don't you guys know how to deal with deranged people?  Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.

Hey I just started the topic, I never said anything about acting like a bad ass with my hurt knee.
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 10:00pm
^^ Not what I meant, my apologies.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2008 at 10:01pm

^^ Not what I meant, my apologies.

Nah I'm just kidding, but incase anyone was concerned, it still is screwed up.  I plan on updating the thread soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic