FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I'd rather have a throwing knife in that situation than nothing at all.

I'd rather keep the knife in my hand and not risk missing.

both are valid points.

Which is why I said throwing knives in my original post. That way if I I miss, I still have a knife in my hand.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

No wonder this happened in Canada, if it's your peoples' natural reaction to watch people die and think more about your own ass than doing what is right.
Living in a country as crime ridden as the US makes it a little different. Canadians aren't used to confronting murderers on the bus every day like us Americans.

Yes, because there's just murderers running around all over the place in the U.S:

Wife:  "Honey there's a killer in the cereal aisle with a knife!"

Husband:  "How big is he?"

Wife:  "About 6'-6" and 250 pounds."

Husband:  "Then ask him if he'll get us the Wheaties off of the top shelf."

On a serious note regarding this attack I'm hoping there was a prior history between the victim and suspect.  It would be very scary to consider the thought that this was a totally random attack.  That means it could have happened to anyone.  Heck, as someone pointed out above, maybe he intended to quietly kill all the passengers in their sleep and get off without being detected.  Wouldn't that be a mess at the last stop?

Edited Note:  Before it gets pointed out I know it is difficult to silently kill someone with a knife.  I'm talking about the intentions of someone who is obviously a few fries short of a Happy Meal here.

Edited by Mack - 01 August 2008 at 12:28pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:29pm

Well, I see your point and linus, a throwing knife is way better than nothing and keeping one or two in your hands and getting danger close so you don't miss is isn't bad either.  Either way is far too dangerous.  You throw the knife/knives and miss, completely or hitting a place that isn't going to stop them, what next? or if you get in close, you will be hurt.  Remember we had a similiar thread some months ago with Kayback. getting away is still the best option.  That victim's head was cut off, people watched this guy walk around with it. If you were to witness that, on that very bus with  a knife/knives, wouldn't that be a little intimadating? I would run, Foxtrot Tango! I have been on the recieving end of a blade, no thanks I'm off the bus.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

No wonder this happened in Canada, if it's your peoples' natural reaction to watch people die and think more about your own ass than doing what is right.
Living in a country as crime ridden as the US makes it a little different. Canadians aren't used to confronting murderers on the bus every day like us Americans.
Yes, because there's just murderers running around all over the place in the U.S:Wife: "Honey there's a killer in the cereal aisle with a knife!"Husband: "How big is he?"Wife: "About 6'-6" and 250 pounds."Husband: "Then ask him if he'll get us the Wheaties off of the top shelf."On a serious note regarding this attack I'm hoping there was a prior history between the victim and suspect. It would be very scary to consider the thought that this was a totally random attack. That means it could have happened to anyone. Heck, as someone pointed out above, maybe he intended to quietly kill all the passengers in there sleep and get off without being detected. Wouldn't that be a mess at the last stop?

You appear to have entirely missed my sarcasm.

However, violent crime is higher in the US than Canada.

Also, if it was a random attack, I'd guess that man was mentally unstable. Things like this happen in New York all the time; so often that they have a standard way of dealing with mentally deranged people who try to attack cops in a police station.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:50pm

Actually, I just wanted to build on it with my "Wheaties" joke.

. . . I'd guess that man was mentally unstable.

I'd say that's a valid assumption.
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 1:12pm

This is insane, don't most of those busses have an axe or hatchet near the front? Just incase ..........  happens. Or do I just think that busses and vehicles of the same nature do? Do any?

Aswell this dude had to have a big freaking knife to cut through your spine/ neck area. I couldnt imagine that being too easy.

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 1:40pm
you wouldnt have to g hand to knife with the guy.  reach into the overhead, grab a briefcase, aim for the occipital lobe.  if the guy was "robotic"like the guy said, he probably wouldnt even notice you. 
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 1:44pm
If he's a robot just splash him with a cup of water.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 8:04pm
I wouldn't imagine there would be a quiet way to kill someone with a knife, unless maybe you stuck it in the back of someone's head, but they'd probably still twitch and start kicking just from the nerves, but it's possible that this guy had that in mind. He's obviously nuts, and this does sound random. From another source I heard that he had got off the bus for a cigarette earlier and had a calm conversation with a female passenger before killing the guy. Creepy. Little devil, I wouldn't think it would take a huge knife, I've taken the head off of deer when butchering them with a relatively small hunting knife. Bone is the only major obstacle.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Actually, I just wanted to build on it with my "Wheaties" joke.</span>
. . . I'd guess that man was mentally unstable.<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">I'd say that's a valid assumption.</span>

Oh, sorry.

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

If he's a robot just splash him with a cup of water.

Damn, I never woulda thought of that.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 8:40pm

... Things like this happen in New York all the time...

I'm shocked, why does it happen more than once? Don't you guys know how to deal with deranged people?  Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 8:45pm
The "rambo knife" description really made me laugh.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 8:58pm
"Royal Canadian Mounted Police said in a statement."

Haha, their mounted.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

... Things like this happen in New York all the time...

I'm shocked, why does it happen more than once? Don't you guys know how to deal with deranged people? Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.

There hasn't been a murder in my area since I moved here several years ago. Coincidence? I think not.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:20pm
I doubt a single one of you would have even tried to take him on. I know I wouldn't, and I wouldn't even pretend for a second that I would.

Also, have any of you ever thrown a knife? It's not even remotely easy.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I doubt a single one of you would have even tried to take him on. I know I wouldn't, and I wouldn't even pretend for a second that I would.

Also, have any of you ever thrown a knife? It's not even remotely easy.

A) Yes I have thrown knives... hatchets are more fun.

B) To be honest, you don't know what you would do in that situation. There are people interviewed after stopping a gunman on a spree and they said they didn't even think about it, it just happened. So you can't safely say one way or the other.

Sure, would like to think I'd do something more then run away, but initial fight or flight isn't really a choice.

Edited by Linus - 01 August 2008 at 9:54pm

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:

Just read it was in Canada, thankfully I live in America, where soon, very soon, something like this won't be able to happen to me as easily...
 60 bucks for a Permit, and around 450$ for a Ruger 45. ...

"Like a Robot" thats a really chilling discription of a man decapitating another man...

I wonder what the guy did, if they knew each other, if they got into a argument or if it was completely random, either way if I was there, and had a firearm, I would have felt no remorse for taking his life after seeing something like that..

New or used? American made?

Not bad for the price, IMO.

bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:48pm
me and my 4th period german class heard someone get shot the street over.

they are now sterbt.
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck JohnnyCanuck wrote:

Maybe some of the bad-ass's posting here (the same bad-ass's that usually whine about getting a wisdom tooth pulled or getting a boo-boo on their knee) need to spread out through some of the crime ridden areas and deal with these things and make everyone feel safer.

Originally posted by News Story News Story wrote:

AP (Manhattan)  Over the past several months, street crime throughout the borough of Manhattan has declined drastically.  Police Chief O'Hara reports a 76% drop in homicides, an 88% decline in rapes, a 99% decline in beheadings, and 82% decline in muggings.

Residents credit this decline to the arrival of a roving gang of vigilantes.  Armed exclusively with large-bore handguns and the occasional assault rifle or throwing knife, members of this gang use clever nicknames to protect their true identities from retribution.

Gang leader The Hooey told AP that he had had enough, and the only noble thing to do was to dedicate his life to fighting crime.  Fellow gang members Lyenis, dereknub, and .44 Magnum agreed wholeheartedly, although Lyenis appeared distracted by numerous cuts on his hands.

While the community is appreciative of the efforts of the gang (known only as "A-5", a name of unknown origins - some speculate of a relationship to MI-5), there is some concern about side effects.

"Sure," said one resident, "it's great that they stop crime.  But I wish they wouldn't shoot people all the time just for trespassing."

Edited by Rambino - 01 August 2008 at 11:44pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:52pm
^^^ If that's true, win.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic