FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:54pm

Edited by Rambino - 31 July 2008 at 5:54pm
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

They would if they had guns

Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

canadians are a bunch of pussies. why wouldnt they help the guy out?

Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

This story must be a hoax. There is no violence in Canada, ever. Unless the murder was originally from Texas or something.

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Shens. Everyone knows no one dies in Canada.

Exactly. Pics or shens.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I lol'd.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:06pm
Just think how the article would have read if this had happened in Texas.

Originally posted by hypothetical article hypothetical article wrote:

ASSOCIATED PRESS July 31, 2008

PODUNKVILLE, Texas A man aboard a Greyhound bus stabbed a fellow passenger before being shot by every other passenger on the bus, witnesses said today.

The man, who was not identified, was removed from the bus with a sponge and mop.  His victim is recovering in the local hospital according to a statement released by the Cactus County Sherrif's Department. 
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:11pm
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Just think how the article would have read if this had happened in Texas.

PODUNKVILLE, Texas A man aboard a Greyhound bus stabbed a fellow passenger before being shot by every other passenger on the bus, witnesses said today.

The man, who was not identified, was removed from the bus with a sponge and mop.  His victim is recovering in the local hospital according to a statement released by the Cactus County Sherrif's Department. 

ROFL
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Good thing hand guns are illegal there or he
may have shot the man.

I'd rather be shot than stabbed repeatedly.
I hope to god you're joking.

Actually being shot is less painful than being stabbed. The vast majority of gunshot wound victims note that the pain is bad once the adrenaline wears off, but that the initial impact and entry feels like you're being punched or kicked very hard. Different pain receptors are involved.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

As soon as I read it this came to mind...haha.
Que pasa?

TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

That may be the first thing i've seen on the internet that made me actually.... lol... so wrong...
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:03pm
Lol, on the radio they said "this is the first time anything like this has happened in Canada" and that just made me wonder how common on-bus decapitations are elsewhere...
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:42pm
Too bad it didn't happen in Turkey, turks are more likely to help people in distress I'm told.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:51pm

Just think how the article would have read if this had happened in the internet.

TIPPMANN FORUM, Internet A man aboard an epic thread stabbed a fellow passenger before being b& by every mod in the thread, witnesses said today.

The man, who was identified as Bland, was removed from the thread with a i.p. ban and permab&.  His victim, identified as Carl the Sniper, is recovering in another thread, probably one related to paintball, according to a statement released by Enos Shenk. 
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:03pm
I was also wondering why no one tried to stop the man.
Guns or not, he's only got a knife... And you're all going to run and allow this to happen?

Everyone aboard that bus is going to hell, whether they believe in Jesus or not.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Guns or not, he's only got a knife... And you're all going to run and allow this to happen?

Everyone aboard that bus is going to hell, whether they believe in Jesus or not.

If someone just decapitated someone in front of you, and still has the knife, you're going to take him on? Bull.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

If someone just decapitated someone in front of you, and still has the knife, you're going to take him on? Bull.
I'd imagine it was a rather large knife.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:40pm

He decapitated the guy after everyone was off the bus, at least the way I read the story.

If I see someone stabbing some guy, I'd hope I'd not be the only one who tried to stop him.
A gun would be a different story, but a knife?
1) I've got my own on me 99% of the time
2) Even if 2-3 people attacked the lunatic, it would be easy enough to overpower him.

If I died saving that guy, at least I die a hero right? Not like I've got a whole lot of things to live for anyways.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:40pm

This is why I carry throwing knives.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

This is why I carry throwing knives.....

I'm sure those are useful

And sorry, this is the same as every bad situation internet toughguy thread. I don't believe for one second that you would take on someone who had a knife, even if there were three of you, because the odds are pretty good that someone is getting stabbed, at least in the hands/ arm, and it's a natural reaction to not want to have that happen.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Just think how the article would have read if this had happened in <span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">the internet</span>.

TIPPMANN FORUM, Internet A man aboard an epic thread stabbed a fellow passenger before being b& by every mod in the thread, witnesses said today.

The man, who was identified as Bland, was removed from the thread with a i.p. ban and permab&. His victim, identified as Carl the Sniper, is recovering in another thread, probably one related to paintball, according to a statement released by Enos Shenk.

I LOL'ed hard.

I think anyone with any training in self-defense knife fighting probably would be willing to take him on. That said, I didn't see the knife, and sometimes size does matter. Also, if you're not carrying your own knife, taking on someone with a knife is not a fun proposition.
t_hop View Drop Down
Streike 1, 5/16 filter dodge/inapp. link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:11pm

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Good thing hand guns are illegal there or he
may have shot the man.

I'd rather be shot than stabbed repeatedly.
I hope to god you're joking.

Actually being shot is less painful than being stabbed. The vast majority of gunshot wound victims note that the pain is bad once the adrenaline wears off, but that the initial impact and entry feels like you're being punched or kicked very hard. Different pain receptors are involved.

Ya and its like The Joker said, Guns are too quick, you don't get to savor all of the little emotions. where as with knives you get to see who people really are, so in a way i know your friends better than you do. (inaudible mouth smack and that evil puppy eye look he did)

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic