FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Man Decapitated on Greyhound Bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:21pm
I think you guys are missing what I was going for... but thats ok.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 2:13am
Also:

"Garnet Caton, who was sitting in the seat in front of the victim, said he saw the attacker stab his seatmate, a young man sleeping with his headphones on.

Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and turned around to see the attacker holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area."

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

"Like, just everywhere, arms, legs, neck, chest, guts, wherever he could swing it, he got it," said Olmstead."

He was being stabbed like crazy by the time people realized what was going on, and was likely already dead/ going to die. They fled the bus and trapped the guy on. I'd say they did the right thing, no question.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 2:34am
Originally posted by TheWrAith TheWrAith wrote:

Just read it was in Canada, thankfully I live in America, where soon, very soon, something like this won't be able to happen to me as easily...
 60 bucks for a Permit, and around 450$ for a Ruger 45. ...

I don't think having a gun in a situation like that would help you. Once you have a knife in your neck your not going to be reaching for your holster. Now if you had a CCW and were another passenger on that bus it would be another story
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 2:58am
the newscast I saw said the victim was gutted, and he may have cannibalized the victim as well..
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 3:21am
Haha, that was obviously canada.  Try doing that in texas, he would have been shot be at least 50% on the bus.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 7:16am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Also:

"Garnet Caton, who was sitting in the seat in front of the victim, said he saw the attacker stab his seatmate, a young man sleeping with his headphones on.

Caton said he heard a "blood-curdling scream" and turned around to see the attacker holding a large "Rambo" hunting knife above the victim, "continually stabbing him in the chest area."

"He must have stabbed him 50 times or 60 times," said Caton.

"Like, just everywhere, arms, legs, neck, chest, guts, wherever he could swing it, he got it," said Olmstead."

He was being stabbed like crazy by the time people realized what was going on, and was likely already dead/ going to die. They fled the bus and trapped the guy on. I'd say they did the right thing, no question.

Sounds like he was pretty focused on stabbing his victim.
Come up behind him and a simple knife-jab to the back of his neck would stop him pretty quickly (at least with a good knife).

Plenty of people survive stab wounds. You're not going to even attempt to help him if you're sitting right next to him/have to run past him to get off the bus?
No wonder this happened in Canada, if it's your peoples' natural reaction to watch people die and think more about your own ass than doing what is right.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Come up behind him and a simple knife-jab to the back of his neck would stop him pretty quickly (at least with a good knife).

Plenty of people survive stab wounds. You're not going to even attempt to help him if you're sitting right next to him/have to run past him to get off the bus?
No wonder this happened in Canada, if it's your peoples' natural reaction to watch people die and think more about your own ass than doing what is right.

Living in a country as crime ridden as the US makes it a little different. Canadians aren't used to confronting murderers on the bus every day like us Americans.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Living in a country as crime ridden as the US makes it a little different. Canadians aren't used to confronting murderers on the bus every day like us Americans.

Truf.
My hangouts are Detroit (#1 in violent crime nationwide), Flint (#2), and Pontiac...
Might slightly change my perspective.

Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:47am

Truf.
My hangouts are Detroit (#1 in violent crime nationwide), Flint (#2), and Pontiac...

Pontiac?  I never heard that Pontiac was too bad.  I have heard of another city in Michigan that was one of the worst, but I can't remember the name of it.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:34am

Yeah...you know us Canadians, the least compassionate people on earth. I'm glad they trapped the dude and didn't kill him like they would in 'MERIKA! I want to see the trial for this guy, I'm really curious as to wth happened.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:44am
I had a horrible though....what if he had planned on stabbing the guy up under the diaphragm or something so he wouldn't make any noise, and just left his body on the bus and possibly do it again. Was the sleeping when the murder changed seats? If he'd just left a body there there'd be at least two suspects initially, and he could have been long gone. Maybe he just made a mess of it and then just went completely nuts. 

It does sound like this was a particularly substantial knife and that the guy was probably toast before anyone knew what was going on. If you're going to get into a knife fight, you have to expect to end up getting cut. If one person was already mortally wounded, getting the hell off the bus would have been the best bet. I'd want at least a rock-in-a-sock to attempt to take on a psycho with a bowie knife. 
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:46am

Renekk,

there is no quiet way of stabbing someone, they will thrash, scream and very messy.  Quiet knife killing is Hollywood.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:15am

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I was also wondering why no one tried to stop the man.
Guns or not, he's only got a knife... And you're all going to run and allow this to happen?

Everyone aboard that bus is going to hell, whether they believe in Jesus or not.

If someone just decapitated someone in front of you, and still has the knife, you're going to take him on? Bull.
This is why I carry throwing knives.....

I'm sure those are useful

And sorry, this is the same as every bad situation internet toughguy thread. I don't believe for one second that you would take on someone who had a knife, even if there were three of you, because the odds are pretty good that someone is getting stabbed, at least in the hands/ arm, and it's a natural reaction to not want to have that happen.

They are useful. You should pick a set up yourself. A well placed knife to the guys throat from the front of the bus would have incapacitated him without putting the thrower in any immediate danger.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:19am

Guns or not, he's only got a knife... And you're all going to run and allow this to happen?

Everyone aboard that bus is going to hell, whether they believe in Jesus or not.

If someone just decapitated someone in front of you, and still has the knife, you're going to take him on? Bull.

And sorry, this is the same as every bad situation internet toughguy thread. I don't believe for one second that you would take on someone who had a knife, even if there were three of you, because the odds are pretty good that someone is getting stabbed, at least in the hands/ arm, and it's a natural reaction to not want to have that happen.

They are useful. You should pick a set up yourself. A well placed knife to the guys throat from the front of the bus would have incapacitated him without putting the thrower in any immediate danger.

on a crowded bus under stress? in a small area of the human body on a moving target? You will have to convince me.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

on a crowded bus under stress? in a small area of the human body on a moving target? You will have to convince me.

After everybody got off the bus. Go in there, fire at will.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:31am

still not convinced, I have a set of 4 Hibbing's throwing knives I have been practicing with for years.  I really don't think it is possible even for a "professional" from the circus.  I love the "for life" thing, Da Hui. Taking it back are you?

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:45am
Indeed, I am taking it back. 

As for throwing knives, I've never tried throwing them at a moving person, but I'd rather have a throwing knife in that situation than nothing at all.

I personally would probably have tried to get the hell off the bus. I'm not gonna act like an e badass and claim I'm gonna get into a physical confrontation with somebody who is robotically mutilating somebody in plain view. If I had one of my guns, I would shoot him, yeah. But get into a physical confrontation, hell no.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:47am

I'm the same way as you... I grew up around those three and people think I'm crazy when I say Dallas, East Fort Worth, and the Como neighborhood of Fort Worth "aren't that bad".

Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:48am

I'd rather have a throwing knife in that situation than nothing at all.

I'd rather keep the knife in my hand and not risk missing.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2008 at 11:51am

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

I'd rather have a throwing knife in that situation than nothing at all.

I'd rather keep the knife in my hand and not risk missing.

both are valid points.

Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic