Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I Hurt My Knee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:23am
I didn't hear a pop or anything at all.  I iced it again, and this time it did nothing.  Someone told me that an ACL tear would hurt terribly, but if I wear to actually have my ACL tear into 2 parts, it wouldn't hurt that much, and that I may have done that.

I'll have it checked out Friday if it doesn't improve.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

I didn't hear a pop or anything at all.  I iced it again, and this time it did nothing.  Someone told me that an ACL tear would hurt terribly, but if I wear to actually have my ACL tear into 2 parts, it wouldn't hurt that much, and that I may have done that.

I'll have it checked out Friday if it doesn't improve.

then its most likely not an acl tear. my brother tore his playin street hockey and he said he heard/felt it pop
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:57am
i always thought tendon tears came from over working them rather than just bludgeoning them against concrete.  its probably just bruised.
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 3:31am
have you tried asprin????? you probably just sprained it or something.... i went through 4 years of knee injuries.  whether it was from hitting it wrong, twisting is wrong, jamming it or from swelling from Osgood-Schlatters Disease, asprin helped... so did not talking about it and making other people hurt when i cross faced them... did i mention this was high school wrestling?
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 8:05am

I didn't hear a pop or anything at all.  I iced it again, and this time it did nothing.  Someone told me that an ACL tear would hurt terribly, but if I wear to actually have my ACL tear into 2 parts, it wouldn't hurt that much, and that I may have done that.I'll have it checked out Friday if it doesn't improve.

You would have heard a pop. You would barely be able to move your leg if you tore your ACL in half.

You probably bruised something real good down there. Pretty easy to damage a bunch of tendons, as they run all around your knee.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 9:42am
Woke up this morning and my legs mobility seems a bit more limited.  But I tried actually lifting my leg with my hands and that didn't seem to hurt at all.  So it seems like I can move it pretty good as long as my muscles don't have to do any work...

EDIT:  After walking around a bit more, it seems actually better, I can at least go up/down stairs normally now and lift it higher.

Edited by Zata - 31 July 2008 at 10:10am
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:14am

Woke up this morning and my legs mobility seems a bit more limited.  But I tried actually lifting my leg with my hands and that didn't seem to hurt at all.  So it seems like I can move it pretty good as long as my muscles don't have to do any work...

Tendon injury, most likely.

Does it hurt in a specific spot? Middle of the kneecap, outside of the knee, inside of the knee? If it's a tendon injury, it's quite likely to be just one, and location on the knee makes it pretty easy to find out which one.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Tendon injury, most likely.

Does it hurt in a specific spot? Middle of the kneecap, outside of the knee, inside of the knee? If it's a tendon injury, it's quite likely to be just one, and location on the knee makes it pretty easy to find out which one.

Seems like the top of the knee cap.  Its not too bad anymore.  The height of the pain/pressure feeling comes at the half way point of me bending my leg and then it subsides.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 1:50pm
A torn meniscus is also a possibility. That's the little bit of cartilage inside your knee. I tore my MCL (not in half, but a severe sprain with some tearing) got the dashboard injury on my patella and tore my meniscus in highschool playing paintball. Physical therapy seemed to help strengthen the area around the MCL, bootcamp seemed to re-grind the cartilage on the back of my knee so bending it became less annoying. Now it just aches a little when the weather is about to change and sometimes makes crunching noises on the stairs.

After the initial injury it took a few days to swell up pretty good and for me to lose mobility. Try to keep moving it, and take asprin/ibuprophen. Maybe get yourself some Dr. Scholls shoe inserts to keep from beating it to death. Give it a week or so and if it doesn't improve call the doctor, but start taking care of you knees better. These things tend to reoccur and never be the same again.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 5:36pm
i kinda had the same thing happen to me. i hurt my knee in softball and just tried to ice it and kept moving it. it was still swollen and thubbing... so i still iced it, took some pills, and etc. 3 months later i broke down and went to the doctor and it turns out that i had ripped my mensicus and i have to have orthscopic surgery.

i say give it a couple more weeks then have it looked at. do not be stubborn like me and wait for 3 freakin months.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i kinda had the same thing happen to me. i hurt my knee in softball and just tried to ice it and kept moving it. it was still swollen and thubbing... so i still iced it, took some pills, and etc. 3 months later i broke down and went to the doctor and it turns out that i had ripped my mensicus and i have to have orthscopic surgery.

i say give it a couple more weeks then have it looked at. do not be stubborn like me and wait for 3 freakin months.

i have that in both knees. for more than a year now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic