FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Your Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I dont have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 12:40am
Job: Electronic technician for a small amusements company. In other words, I fix arcade video games.
Wage: 25K/yr
Pros: a lot of independent time on the road. I like repairing electronics.
Cons: I have to work a lot of weekends, and sometimes I have to deal with drunks in bars.

Job 2: Co-owner of a small web dev firm. Designing web apps and hosting them, mostly low traffic local business.
Pros: Mostly easy work, owning my own business
Cons: Not quite big enough to sustain myself and do this full time, yet.
mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 2:58am
Job: Convenience Store Clerk / Deli Clerk
Wage:$8.25/hr
Hours:32-35/day
Pros:nice coworkers, keeps life interesting
Cons: people = <deleted> the untrustworthy coworkers.

We'll thank you to not filter dodge.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 23 July 2008 at 6:40am
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 9:45am

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Cons: I get to deal with all the tards that do their bulk grocery shopping at like 12 a.m.

Hey now - midnight shopping isn't for tards, it's for those of us that don't like standing in line for 45 minutes to check out.  Midnight shopping is the way to go.

:P

PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

What I've noticed with customers at my job is that they are quick to complain about things that really aren't that confusing such as prices, coupons, and current deals such as the <span style="font-style: italic;">select</span> $5 footlongs. People are just lazy and won't read for themselves.The other thing that really irks me is just how rude some people are.me-"Hey guys, how we doing tonight"them-no responseOr people that think they are in a sit down restaurant and its ok to leave their trash on the table instead of putting it in the trash can which is no more than 10 feet away at any point in the store.

Been there.

I worked at Subway for a brief period, but this was before the 5 dollar footlong deal. This was right after the discontinued the Subway Cards (You got a sticker on your card when you bought a meal). So people were turing in cards all over the place, and I had to tell them they weren't valid anymore. There was even a sign outside, on the menu board, and at the register. Nevertheless, they still cried about it, telling me their life story and how they spent XXX amount of dollars on subway for the purpose of getting stickers on the card.

Another pet peeve, when people insist on having condiments on the sandwich in a particular order. I've had to remake so many sandwiches because I put the pickles on after the meat. That pretty much did it for me and working in the food industry. One thing I learned is people can be completely ruthless, rude, and unforgiving when you make a sandwich for them.

Edited by PaiNTbALLfReNzY - 23 July 2008 at 10:07am
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

First job: Small Business ConsultantWage - $150k/yearHours - 40+/WeekPros - Tons of money, Tons of connections with the small business communityCons - Random travel on last minute schedules.

Second Job: Car Audio InstallWage - $33k/YearHours - 25/weekPros - Great discount on product, get to do a job that is also my hobby Cons - Customers are idiots.

How do you possibly fit in two jobs and go to law school?

Also, why are getting a law degree if you're making $180k+ a year without it?

Because I can :)

As for fitting in two jobs and Law School, it's nothing short of wanting to slam my head into the nearest brick wall but not having the energy to do so because I haven't slept more than 3 hours in 4 days! It's so fun! I don't know why more people don't do law school!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1

notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

One thing I learned is people can be completely ruthless, rude, and unforgiving when you make a sandwich for them.

Try serving them a full blown meal- Apps, salads, soups, entree's, drinks, and dessert . People really turn into assholes about their food. One guy last week for instance ate his entire meal, he left nothing, told me the "chicken was a bit dry", and expected his entire meal to be removed from the bill. And it's so hard to argue politely when you want nothing more than to break the plate over his head.

Edited by notXXscared - 23 July 2008 at 1:42pm

Previously DYE PLAYA
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 9:06pm
Surgical Assistant at Veterinary hospital

Pay - $8.75 /hour

Pros Working with some of the doctors/rubbing fuzzy kitties

Cons- Angry animals with teeth/claws/animals that poop on me

Ever since I started my summer classes I've had my hours shifted to the evenings when they rarely do surgery so now instead I usually am in the treatment room doing whatever comes back (toe nail trims, blood tests, tumor aspiration, and of course cleaning)

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 12:50am
Job: Bowling Center Front Counter/Mechanic/Snack Bar/Shift Manager
Wage: MIN.!!! which is crap!
Pros: best job ever.
Cons: gossip like no bodies business.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:23am
Job: Load Builder for the 3rn busiest store in the 3rd largest home improvement company
Wage: about 10/hour
Pros: Work outside mostly, nice farmers tan, I work as many hours as I want due to the work load and my seniority
Con: New management forced most good employees out due to cutting hours and general incompetence leaving me to work with lazy people who don't know how to do their job. Them doing their job effectively is vital for me doing my efficiently. It's frustrating.

Hoping to get a new job with a local law firm this fall as an assistant to get my foot in the door somewhere.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 1:34am
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

Is there a good amount of bowling in your area? My alley I frequent seems to always be dead until a league comes through and then it is dead again. Even after the remodeling, it still is dead and I will come in with 2 friends just to find us the only ones bowling. I can see why you would get minimum wage if it is as dead as it is here.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Pay - $8.75 /hour

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Pros Working with some of the doctors/rubbing fuzzy kitties

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Cons- Angry animals with teeth/claws/animals that poop on me

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Ever since I started my summer classes I've had my hours shifted to the evenings when they rarely do surgery so now instead I usually am in the treatment room doing whatever comes back (toe nail trims, blood tests, tumor aspiration, and of course cleaning)

I'd imagine there would be some hotties there too.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

First job: Small Business ConsultantWage - $150k/yearHours - 40+/WeekPros - Tons of money, Tons of connections with the small business communityCons - Random travel on last minute schedules.

Second Job: Car Audio InstallWage - $33k/YearHours - 25/weekPros - Great discount on product, get to do a job that is also my hobby Cons - Customers are idiots.

How do you possibly fit in two jobs and go to law school? Also, why are getting a law degree if you're making $180k+ a year without it?

Because I can :)

As for fitting in two jobs and Law School, it's nothing short of wanting to slam my head into the nearest brick wall but not having the energy to do so because I haven't slept more than 3 hours in 4 days! It's so fun! I don't know why more people don't do law school!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1

Are you doing night classes or something?

Obviously you have a head for business, what kind of law are planning on practicing?
Uncle Rudder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 6/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Rudder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

Originally posted by Uncle Rudder Uncle Rudder wrote:

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Pay - $8.75 /hour

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Pros Working with some of the doctors/rubbing fuzzy kitties

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Cons- Angry animals with teeth/claws/animals that poop on me

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">

<P style="MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0in">Ever since I started my summer classes I've had my hours shifted to the evenings when they rarely do surgery so now instead I usually am in the treatment room doing whatever comes back (toe nail trims, blood tests, tumor aspiration, and of course cleaning)

I'd imagine there would be some hotties there too.

Tr00f

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

Is there a good amount of bowling in your area? My alley I frequent seems to always be dead until a league comes through and then it is dead again. Even after the remodeling, it still is dead and I will come in with 2 friends just to find us the only ones bowling. I can see why you would get minimum wage if it is as dead as it is here.

jsut about all bowling centers are dead throughout the summer. i, along with just about everyone else has to receive min. wage because there are 17 investors that helped build the place and it's only been open for 2 years. so, they have to bring in more money until we get raises. which sucks, but it's understandable because it's indenpently owned. it's not a cooperation like AMF.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:15pm
I work writing programs for a local software company in BBx code. We sell a software package and provide support for small businesses (mostly in Cleveland and elsewhere around Ohio) that mainly handles Inventory, Sales, Report Handling, etc. 
PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 8:17pm
JOB: Sales associate for Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory.

WAGE: About, somewhere in the ballpark of 20-25K year.

HOURS: 40

Pros- Work with cool people in my department, love dealing with customers and helping them find solutions or better products. I worked for the Coporate office for a bit, then my boss got fired so I got put back on the floor. I've been the ONLY person, company wide to work for the Corporate office under the age of 27.

Cons- It's retail, need I say more?

It's my last day, in 45min the place that I have hated for 3 years will be nothing more than a memory. In two weeks I'll be on Lackaland AFB, becoming an Airman.    and doing something real with my life.
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 1:51am
Originally posted by PAINTBALL1 PAINTBALL1 wrote:

JOB: Sales associate for Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory.

WAGE: About, somewhere in the ballpark of 20-25K year.

HOURS: 40

Pros- Work with cool people in my department, love dealing with customers and helping them find solutions or better products. I worked for the Coporate office for a bit, then my boss got fired so I got put back on the floor. I've been the ONLY person, company wide to work for the Corporate office under the age of 27.

Cons- It's retail, need I say more?

It's my last day, in 45min the place that I have hated for 3 years will be nothing more than a memory. In two weeks I'll be on Lackaland AFB, becoming an Airman.    and doing something real with my life.
Nice to hear you're getting out of Spotsylvania.
I need a new Sig...
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 2:19am

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

jsut about all bowling centers are dead throughout the summer. i, along with just about everyone else has to receive min. wage because there are 17 investors that helped build the place and it's only been open for 2 years. so, they have to bring in more money until we get raises. which sucks, but it's understandable because it's indenpently owned. it's not a cooperation like AMF.
I haven't been to the alley at all this summer. It was dead every time we went during the school year. Even when we had the bowling league for school going on.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2008 at 3:21am
^then that place sucks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic