FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post your ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 2:12pm
I'm calling shenz on that Supra.

Post a pic with you holding a piece of paper with your user name on it infront of the car to prove its yours. Otherwise, shens.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 2:43pm

Older picture. I will take new ones once I finish the detailing it.

Picture the day it was towed to its new home.

And the interior after owning it for one day:

Had to rip it all out due to water damage. (Not a flood, but the window broke and the old owner never fixed it.)

1992 Camaro RS
305 TBI
Headman Shorty headers and y-pipe into a magnaflow Cat then a Jegs 3 inch cat-back with a magnaflow muffler.
K&N Open air Filter
Shift kit in the trans

Not to shabby for 300$

Edited by cdacda13 - 20 July 2008 at 2:45pm
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

I'm sorry; why no muffler Enos?

Extra flow is always good. Im even thinking of chopping the cat out of there since Indiana has no inspections.

Once I chopped the muffler and pipe out, not only did I get rid of like 40lbs of extra weight, the thing gets up and goes. Ive mainly done work on the intake and exhaust, the butterfly valve for the throttle I had to build by hand after I had a brain fart and melted the original trying to weld-seal a couple holes in it. Its not perfect though, the thing idles at like 2000rpm, its ludicrous.

Im a freak for stripping weight out of the truck. I ripped the rear jump-seats out, each one of those probly weighs 30lbs. Same reason the tailgate is usually off. When you put the hammer down, the thing absolutely rips now.

And blackdog, that thing is sex. I love the old school.

You do realize that's true to an extent. Less back pressure is always good. To a point. If you loose to much back pressure you're going to suffer low end torque. Also, if you're running off cats. Make sure you have some pipe coming off of those things. They get hot enough to shoot blue flames.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 3:29pm
that would be awesome
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 10:21am
It takes alot of time and effort to properly design correct back pressure into an exhaust system.  Back pressure is required to properly impart the pulses required to return back into the motor to scavange unspent gases for better performance.
Sent from a phone booth
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

It takes alot of time and effort to properly design correct back pressure into an exhaust system.  Back pressure is required to properly impart the pulses required to return back into the motor to scavange unspent gases for better performance.

Yeah, I was reading a whole thing about the resonation back into the engine with proper distance and how it hits in certain RPMs and everything like that in either Popular Mechanics or Science a few months ago. It makes perfect sense, I just never really thought of it. Its incredible how much design, time, and effort as you said go into an optimal-performance exhaust system.

And on to my first car, purchased a few weeks ago for $1000:

License plate numbers left for humor.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:00pm
Looks like a nice deal for $1000 Yomillio.  Year, miles, ect...?
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:23pm

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

I'm sorry; why no muffler Enos?

Extra flow is always good. Im even thinking of chopping the cat out of there since Indiana has no inspections.

Once I chopped the muffler and pipe out, not only did I get rid of like 40lbs of extra weight, the thing gets up and goes. Ive mainly done work on the intake and exhaust, the butterfly valve for the throttle I had to build by hand after I had a brain fart and melted the original trying to weld-seal a couple holes in it. Its not perfect though, the thing idles at like 2000rpm, its ludicrous.

Im a freak for stripping weight out of the truck. I ripped the rear jump-seats out, each one of those probly weighs 30lbs. Same reason the tailgate is usually off. When you put the hammer down, the thing absolutely rips now.

And blackdog, that thing is sex. I love the old school.

Do you know that taking the tailgate off accually hurts the aerodynamics? I suggest putting one of those mesh net things in, consult Mythbusters.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Looks like a nice deal for $1000 Yomillio.  Year, miles, ect...?

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass SL with 130,000 miles. Full black leather interior and 3.1 L six in it. The engine might be on its way out within the next 50,000 miles but we priced out an engine swap and the whole car would still be under $2,000. Everything else seems to be really sound too. It runs very quiet with no strange noises or anything of the sort. Seems that there are no other problems or anything other than the engine.
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:54pm

Lets see how yours stacks up with the Shenko Truck

Side view for pwnage

My awesomely 5-way offensive bumper sticker on the right, and the Tinkers Guild Midwest Chapter on the left

Inside, my awesome JVC Kameleon deck.

Under the hood. Nothing super special, just a new air filter and intake system with some fancy steel braided hoses.

Custom exhaust I built by hand. I hate mufflers, so this comes right out the cat, and comes out the side of the truck. I welded the pipes myself and it roars.

Holy crap that thing is haggard. Your pipes look like crap should have just dumped it straight down after the cat so you wont have that mess of ugly looking pipes. 4.3's sound like tractors with no mufflers.  Your intake system was a waste of time too, your just sucking in hot engine air
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:05pm

my 2k civic 95k miles

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:36pm

Exterior:
-99-00 Civic Front End Conversion
-99 Buddy club 2 Front Bumper
-JDM Buddy Club Side skirts (Urethane)
-Buddy Club rear bumper
-Type R Spoiler with led lights
-JDM Thin Side Moldings (Not chunky like the U.S Models)

Electrical:
-Pioneer 6x9 Rear speakers
-Polk Audio EX-3550 Components

Interior:
-Momo Racing Wheel
-Type R Door Panels
-Civic EX Gauge Cluster

Suspensions:
-KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers (36 Way Adjustable)
-KSPort Lower Control Arms
-99 Civic SI Front Disc Brake Conversion
-94 Integra GSR Rear Disc Brake Conversion
-Ikon P33 Gunmetal rims with All-Season Falken Tires.

All kustom, it could blow any mustang out of the water!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 2:58pm

Nice looking car Mehs...but really...any Mustang? :)

Here is mine:

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

The car has pearl yellow ghost flames on it but they don't photograph well.  Here you can see them a bit on the hood:

Then under the hood sits this:

Oh, and Yomillo, I don't know about the Olds and the 3.1 but doing an engine swap isn't hard:

Best time so far is 12.070 @ 110.  This was in Vegas in 108 degree weather and an intercooler core that had broke it's weld's causing water to get pumped into the engine during the run.  Have a different one on order from Australia to replace it...uhg it never ends.

Edited by Robotech - 21 July 2008 at 3:01pm
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:19pm
Jesus Robotech, talk about having a sleeper haha.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by mehs mehs wrote:

All kustom, it could blow any mustang out of the water!

i will be expecting a vid of you and .357 on the 1/4 mile as proof

Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:24pm
Why is it that mustangs are like the measuring stick?  Stock (which the majority are), they really aren't that impressive.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 3:44pm
MY RICE BURNER>ANY MUSTANG!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 4:21pm
Roughly 1000lbs of flooring + other material crap in the bed.

I <3 this truck. I will own it until it dies.
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by PaiNTbALLfReNzY PaiNTbALLfReNzY wrote:

Jesus Robotech, talk about having a sleeper haha.

Thanks.  Yea with the way the cops are around here on the street racing crowd I try and keep it low profile.  I race at the track, not on the street (anymore) but that doesn't matter to law enforcement anymore.  I see more cars around here with carbon fiber hoods forced to open them during routine traffic stops that I ever thought imaginable.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

MY RICE BURNER>ANY MUSTANG!
lol. i just took my buddys 1996 V6 mustang in the quarter.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic