Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post your ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

I'm sorry; why no muffler Enos?

Extra flow is always good. Im even thinking of chopping the cat out of there since Indiana has no inspections.

Once I chopped the muffler and pipe out, not only did I get rid of like 40lbs of extra weight, the thing gets up and goes. Ive mainly done work on the intake and exhaust, the butterfly valve for the throttle I had to build by hand after I had a brain fart and melted the original trying to weld-seal a couple holes in it. Its not perfect though, the thing idles at like 2000rpm, its ludicrous.

Im a freak for stripping weight out of the truck. I ripped the rear jump-seats out, each one of those probly weighs 30lbs. Same reason the tailgate is usually off. When you put the hammer down, the thing absolutely rips now.

And blackdog, that thing is sex. I love the old school.

hey thanks. Bout the thing for $4500 last year. I also own a 1974 dodge dart that im going to drop a 318 into it soon. Almost forgot to say, it also has hooker headers with flowmaster 40 series exhaust. I really like the sound (and have given it some thought) of straight pipes but i dont want to lose the sound this thing makes with its flowmasters.

next thing it gets is body work and a paint job in the next few months. Orange with black rally stripes and a 1969 fiberglass reproduction cobra jet hood scoop (it was cheap so i bought it.)

procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:35pm
pics of my new ride will hopefully be up soon

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by procarbinefreak procarbinefreak wrote:

pics of my new ride will hopefully be up soon

No more Brown Bomber? :(
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:59pm
Funny story.  An old coworker of mine was big into the tuner cars and had built TWO of em (Old body Civic and a Old body Jetta).  One shift i was working with him and he was going on and on on how fast his little honda was and how much time he spent swaping and tuning this newr model v-tech engine of his.  I kinda laughed and made an off handed comment that i could smoke the little honda with my old beater 1994 Ford F250 pickup truck.  Well he called me on it and enroute to home started the light to light drags.  TIME AND TIME again the little honda was left sitting in a big black cloud of my HEAVILY modded old skewl 7.3 turbo Diesel .  Next day he came up to me and asked "WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT TRUCK" i just smiled and responded with ABSOLUTELY nothing store bought as all the mods were home made or custom built as no body makes anything for that engine only Powerstrokes.  I should in fareness mention i got left in the DUST when we tried this little run again only he was driving the old body Jetta with a New model VR6 engine.

The old Truck man do i miss it, Was a fun old beast but even though it could pull off 21 mpg it was still way to thirsty for the amount of driving i do.

The current Cage 2004 Jetta TDI

And the Current toy WAY more speed than the old truck and almost as good on fuel as the current cage.  2007 V-Strom 650cc

Edited by BearClaw - 21 July 2008 at 8:01pm
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 8:17pm

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

I'm sorry; why no muffler Enos?

Extra flow is always good. Im even thinking of chopping the cat out of there since Indiana has no inspections.

Once I chopped the muffler and pipe out, not only did I get rid of like 40lbs of extra weight, the thing gets up and goes. Ive mainly done work on the intake and exhaust, the butterfly valve for the throttle I had to build by hand after I had a brain fart and melted the original trying to weld-seal a couple holes in it. Its not perfect though, the thing idles at like 2000rpm, its ludicrous.

Im a freak for stripping weight out of the truck. I ripped the rear jump-seats out, each one of those probly weighs 30lbs. Same reason the tailgate is usually off. When you put the hammer down, the thing absolutely rips now.

And blackdog, that thing is sex. I love the old school.

hey thanks. Bout the thing for $4500 last year. I also own a 1974 dodge dart that im going to drop a 318 into it soon. Almost forgot to say, it also has hooker headers with flowmaster 40 series exhaust. I really like the sound (and have given it some thought) of straight pipes but i dont want to lose the sound this thing makes with its flowmasters.

next thing it gets is body work and a paint job in the next few months. Orange with black rally stripes and a 1969 fiberglass reproduction cobra jet hood scoop (it was cheap so i bought it.)

jb weld works good for blocking off circuits.  I hope you know what you're doing.

Sent from a phone booth
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Slightly different rims, and a rust spot on the driver's side fender.

It has a 4.6L V8. I love gas prices.
I've got a 5.4L V8. You dream of loving gas prices as much as I do. $20 doesn't even get a quarter tank.

If I put $20 in my car, it laughs at me. Then the needle drops back to empty once I turn it on.
I don't doubt you have it a bit worse than me, but it cost me $75 to fill up from around a quarter of a tank 2 days ago.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:36pm
I used to get half a tank for $20, now it's about $30 for half.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

jb weld works good for blocking off circuits.  I hope you know what you're doing.

If I couldnt machine a .120" thick 2.9" diameter aluminum disc from scratch, I dont deserve to call myself a machinist.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:39pm
When I first started driving, I could fil my tank up for $30 from dead empty.
Granted, I used to drive a '94 Plymouth Colt with a 1.8L four-banger, but still.
What I would do for $1.70/gallon gas...
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:47pm
I like my tc. I can drive around with 340miles to the tank before my little light turns on. I remember getting a full tank of gas for no more than $35 for somewhere around 12 gallons. Loved it.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 1:14am
Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Holy crap that thing is haggard. Your pipes look like crap should have just dumped it straight down after the cat so you wont have that mess of ugly looking pipes. 4.3's sound like tractors with no mufflers.  Your intake system was a waste of time too, your just sucking in hot engine air

Ugly looking pipes? Its a clean set of bends, and solid welds that I did 100% myself. Nothing personal even though you semi-flamed it, but it runs better than it did stock after I did it, so whats not to like? Its not rusted out or anything, its just dirty from road-gunk when I took the pictures. If you can gut a stock exhaust and use the scraps to weld up a better pipe, then go for it. Ill freely admit if you did a better job. Im just saying, like anything else pissing on work that someone else did 100% by hand is a bit more annoying than calling someone dumb for paying $200 for an aftermarket part and bolting it on.

So maybe I dont know a ton about cars, but Im a mechanical kinda guy, so anything I decide to change on my truck I built myself, I dont just go out and buy it from a shop unless its something that I cant make (EG an air filter) If you have any real fact-backed reasons why my exhaust choice sucks, then post them. Ill read them and take them to heart, Im planning on reworking the exhaust soon anyway. But if you just say they "look ugly", then fine, lets see you do better from scrapped carbon-built up pipes and an oxy-acetylene welding setup.

By the way, the air system now has a nice bent sheet metal heat shield sitting under/around it. That was on my list of things to do.

Edited by Enos Shenk - 22 July 2008 at 1:28am
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 1:34am

Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Slightly different rims, and a rust spot on the driver's side fender.

It has a 4.6L V8. I love gas prices.
I've got a 5.4L V8. You dream of loving gas prices as much as I do. $20 doesn't even get a quarter tank.

If I put $20 in my car, it laughs at me. Then the needle drops back to empty once I turn it on.
I don't doubt you have it a bit worse than me, but it cost me $75 to fill up from around a quarter of a tank 2 days ago.

I wish I had it that easy. Try 7.3 liters, sitting on two tanks at 15 gallons a piece, getting 9 miles a gallon. Then you can talk to me about gas prices.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:03am

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

If I couldnt machine a .120" thick 2.9" diameter aluminum disc from scratch, I dont deserve to call myself a machinist.

I don't recall saying you weren't a machinist, but what does that have to do with plugging holes on a carb?

I'm not ripping your work I'm just trying to be helpful.  The heat shield wiill do little under the hood if it isn't air tight and drawing fresh air from outside. Cold air always makes more power and in doing so should theoretically improve gas mileage. It would be neat if you could fab up a forced air set-up drawing air from behind the grill or something.

I give you props for not being affraid.

I didn't notice this before but Enos has a sexy crotch. 

Edited by Lightningbolt - 22 July 2008 at 9:27am
Sent from a phone booth
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:50am

2002 Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce

Black Engine Kit, Wrinkle Black Oil Tank, Bullet Headlamp Kit, Stage One Intake, Billet Shifter and Brake Lever, D&D Slip On Mufflers.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic