Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Got Lucky

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got Lucky
    Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:03am
Was driving through town for our towns cruise night and some people were yelling for me to burn out.  So I did it, I look in my rear view mirror and apparently there had been a cop behind me the whole time.

He pulls me over, and out of all the cops to get me that night, its my one of my Criminal Justice Professors.

He let me off, which is great because I already have a court date to fight at 10 over on the 29th.

I'm still wondering if he would have let me off had he not known me.  Probably not.

Edited by Zata - 19 July 2008 at 1:07am
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:05am
maybe you should change your driving ways.

maybe.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:05am
probably not. however, your midterm might include some questions you know a lot about certain types of pull overs
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:09am
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

maybe.

Ha, well I really don't normally drive like a jerk, but it was just one of those nights were it wasn't really frowned upon (unless you're a cop obviously).  But no excuses.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:13am
who here hasnt gotten the urge to spin the tires a bit?  honestly
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:23am
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

who here hasnt gotten the urge to spin the tires a
bit?  honestly

srsly.
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:31am
Originally posted by bravecoward bravecoward wrote:

maybe.

wheres the fun in that
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:40am
what are you driving?

red firebird, right?
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 1:55am
What luck huh?
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

what are you driving?

red firebird, right?

Yup
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 10:45am
I honestly have never done a burn out on purpose.

The only time I ever spun my tires on pavement was when an idiot in a goddamn Semi truck took a turn wrong and nearly ended up with half his rig on the hood of my truck. I basically through it in reverse and floored it. Then I followed his ass and reported him after he repeatedly kept running off the road. Probably drunk.

That's cool that you got off though. Most of the time when a young kid does a burnout in a Firebird the cops would be all over your ass.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I honestly have never done a burn out on purpose.

The only time I ever spun my tires on pavement was when an idiot in a goddamn Semi truck took a turn wrong and nearly ended up with half his rig on the hood of my truck. I basically through it in reverse and floored it. Then I followed his ass and reported him after he repeatedly kept running off the road. Probably drunk.

That's cool that you got off though. Most of the time when a young kid does a burnout in a Firebird the cops would be all over your ass.

lolz crappy import can't do a burnout.

joking.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

Was driving through town for our towns cruise night and some people were yelling for me to burn out.  So I did it, I look in my rear view mirror and apparently there had been a cop behind me the whole time.He pulls me over, and out of all the cops to get me that night, its my one of my Criminal Justice Professors.He let me off, which is great because I already have a court date to fight at 10 over on the 29th.I'm still wondering if he would have let me off had he not known me.  Probably not.
Go on break much?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 4:53pm
meh...I did mine at night in a lot of traffic, I really have no idea where the cop came from.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 12:06am
How long did you do it? Did you brake torque and sit there roasting them ? Or just a little burnout ? August 2nd is the Helluva Cruise out in my town. It's like a red neck woodward. Everyone comes out and it's a crazy rubber burning fest all day and all night.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 12:10am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

How long did you do it? Did you brake torque and sit there roasting them ? Or just a little burnout ? 

It wasn't like a little chirpt, but it wasn't that long either.  Maybe 3 or 4 seconds then I let off when the back end started coming around because I was right next to the curb with a crowd of people.  There was a ton of smoke, I couldn't see anything behind me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic