Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2 Week Old 98 Shooting Horribly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TSI27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSI27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 4:57pm
Yea I pictured the same thing you said about the valve and valve o-ring. Checked the power tube and theres no cracks or any damage. I called up Tippmann and their sending me a new valve, hammer o-ring and drive spring. Hopefully when I take out the old valve from the power tube when my parts arrive, Im going to pressure test it and make sure their arent any hairline cracks. If there aren't, and the new valve/hammer o-ring/drive spring don't fix the problem Im just going to send it in to Tippmann. They have GREAT customer support btw, asked me if I needed any other parts and didn't charge me a dime.

Edited by TSI27 - 16 July 2008 at 4:57pm
Tippmann 98 Custom
Polished Internals
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Upgraded Drive Spring
6 Position Carbine Stock
Red Dot Sight
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:11am
^^^Good luck with that.  Let us know what the end result is.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:52pm
I kinda skimmed through it but did anyone else mention that it could also either be the polished internals mod that he did or the addition of a stock if it messed up the spring?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
TSI27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSI27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 2:01pm

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

I kinda skimmed through it but did anyone else mention that it could also either be the polished internals mod that he did or the addition of a stock if it messed up the spring?

Stock is the same depth as the stock end cap, even added a BB as a spacer to give it a stronger pull.

Tippmann 98 Custom
Polished Internals
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Upgraded Drive Spring
6 Position Carbine Stock
Red Dot Sight
TSI27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSI27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2008 at 12:20pm
Well I guess I was right. I got a new valve , hammer o-ring and drive spring which seemed to do the trick. Now my gun is actually shooting hard and stronger and more accurately. Only problem I have now is from time to time Im getting a SMALL amount of frost/ice which hopefully will be fixed with an expansion chamber. Is the GTA chamber a good chamber? Im looking for something that looks stock yet function right. I think its a 4 chamber but am not sure.
Tippmann 98 Custom
Polished Internals
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Upgraded Drive Spring
6 Position Carbine Stock
Red Dot Sight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic