FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beretta 92FS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beretta 92FS
    Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:12pm
For you gun enthusiasts out there, any thoughts on these? Reliability, accuracy, normal gun stuff.

I'm considering getting one, as I like the way they feel and look, but I can't get honest answers out of a gun store, and none of my friends have experience with this particular model.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:16pm
They are good, reliable but bulky weapons.

They are a little hard to CCW effectively, but as weapons they work.

I'd say get one if you can. I've loved the ones I've shot. I've carried a similar version in the line of duty, a locally made copy of a Beretta called the Vektor Z-88. It isn't the 92FS, but it is similar, the 92F.

Beretta's have decent triggers, decent sights and they shoot well.

They are very functional.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 10 July 2008 at 7:25pm
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:29pm
How much is the gun store asking?
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:48pm
They are solid guns; however, not to my favorite. The newer models are nice, now that you can't take them apart with one hand. The newer models also seem to be put together better. For accuracy, well that's depending on who's shooting it. It was never spectacular for me, I tend to do better with my Glock, H&K, and Sig. Buy it if it's right for you.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:57pm
/topic

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:58pm
Nice carl. Desert Eagles always make me shudder.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:12pm
Desert Eagles are so cliche now.

H&K, or a solid .45 style weapon is the way to go.

That said, the 92FS is a nice weapon.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

They are solid guns; however, not to my favorite. The newer models are nice, now that you can't take them apart with one hand. The newer models also seem to be put together better. For accuracy, well that's depending on who's shooting it. It was never spectacular for me, I tend to do better with my Glock, H&K, and Sig. Buy it if it's right for you.

Dune, what is your favorite handgun?
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:32pm

well my boss's hillbilly friends got one of these...

its completely pointless, but he "enjoys shooting the coyotes" in which i corrected him in saying "dont you mean blowing them up?"

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Dune, what is your favorite handgun?

Good question, but very difficult to answer. I can tell you my favorite caliber to shoot is by far the .40. It's perfect. I like a lot of different handguns though. I enjoy the Glock 22/23. I also like the Springfield XD 9mm. I am a big H&K fan as well so I like shooting the USP .40, which might top my list overall. However there are a couple of good Rugers and Smith & Wessons that I like. I like my snub nose .38 special, it's a classic.

b1and View Drop Down
Guested 7/16 Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1and Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 8:48pm
Kimber is my favorite
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

How much is the gun store asking?

Local gun stores are telling me anywhere between $450 and 520 for one.  It's not the price I'm worried about, it's the salesman.  You can't really ask someone who is about to make money on a sale whether or not the gun is reliable.

Carl, I'm not really looking to spend the grand or more for a Desert Eagle.  Just not my type of gun anyway.  Although, the chick in the bikini on YouTube smacking herself in the face with one is classic.

As for the concealed carry, I don't need this gun for that.  I've got my Springfield XD for that.  I just want something a little more intimidating at home and for rec-shooting.  Not too many people around me know I carry the XD, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Edited by ThatGuitarGuy - 10 July 2008 at 9:23pm
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:44pm
Then the 92FS is perfect.

IMHO it is a fantastic range gun or a fantastic side arm.

If you are willing to pay the asking price, grab one.

KBK
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:09pm
As stated above, they are fine firearms.

Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

I like the way they feel

Not counting the reliability and history of the weapon... this is the most important factor in my opinion. If it FEELS right for you, then it's a good choice. A weapon can be reliable and function great and be scrap-metal in your hands if it doesn't feel right. I considered the 92FS for years (along with the P228) and ultimately decided against because it did not feel right in my hands. In the end, went with CZ.

Sounds like a winner for you.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:19pm
   the 92fs is only good enough to Shoot stray cats. Do you know if you push the Barrel the pistol wont fire? Ask any good Salty Machine Gunner to show you the Slide Trick. Or better yet ask any machine gunner to show you his Baretta Bite scar.

Heck even Shorty's Bayoneted CZ is a better gun.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:27pm
Now that my Marine 92Sf sucks speech is over If your looking for a nice Range and Home Security type gun. Have you looked into Revolvers? I recently got a S&W .500 magnum and that is a wicked fun gun to shoot. And while I have yet to use it in Self defense I am sure that's its enough firepower.

Thou a buddy of mine is raving about a new Taurus Judge Revolver that shoots mini shotgun type bullets or big lead downrange. That is like Bad Assery in all it's American Glory.

here is the ammo it can fire even Flares.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

the 92fs is only good enough to Shoot stray cats. Do you know if you push the Barrel the pistol wont fire? Ask any good Salty Machine Gunner to show you the Slide Trick. Or better yet ask any machine gunner to show you his Baretta Bite scar.

Pushing the front-end on a 1911 prevents discharge as well... but I'd hardly say the 1911 is a subpar sidearm!

Edited by ShortyBP - 10 July 2008 at 11:30pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:30pm
EE: That is scary
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:34pm
i love all of mine. i have a smith and wesson 1911, a glock 17, and a beretta cougar
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:16am
I really like the Beretta 92. I owned one for a short time, but sold it off the fund my AR. The best part of the Beretta is racking the slide. It is so smoooth, noe of my other guns come cluse(even the HK). The gun is durable, reliable, and can be had for under $500 now. If it fits grab it, and lots of mags too...while you can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic