FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beretta 92FS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

Pushing the front-end on a 1911 prevents discharge as well... but I'd hardly say the 1911 is a subpar sidearm!

yeah but 1911 are more of a Pistol Whoopin' Gun than the 9mm walk behind and jab it into someone's back like a flunky from an 80's action movie when you tell someone "come with me"
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

ya know, theres a desert eagle at scheels that looks exactly like that. same ad-ons and everything. id love to have one if it wasent $1500.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:35am
Take my word for it, they're great handguns ! It has to be one of my favorite to shoot they are really nice. Plus 9MM ammo is cheaper than dirt so it's pretty cheap to shoot.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:38am

Does that pistol shoot 4-10 shells? If so I'm not sure I'd be exactly scared of it compared to a revolver shooting a .38. But anyways, as stated before, it has to be right for you.

TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Does that pistol shoot 4-10 shells? If so I'm not sure I'd be exactly scared of it compared to a revolver shooting a .38. But anyways, as stated before, it has to be right for you.

Yes it shoots 410 shotgun shells, sense I don't know how to post links here... head to youtube, and type in Taurus The Judge, watch some videos.. try to find the one of the guy doing the drive by out his SUV window on a target... chilling results...

p.s They have Taurus Judge Revolvers up at my local gun store, Shooters, there around 4-500$ bucks.

Edited by TheWrAith - 11 July 2008 at 12:44am
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:07am
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

ya know, theres a desert eagle at scheels that looks exactly like that. same ad-ons and everything. id love to have one if it wasent $1500.

No doubt a drifting kid.

I was definately kidding about the desert eagle. It's just about the biggest penis substitute that you can buy.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:12am
Desert Eagles are so overkill it's not even funny. Want a big handgun ? Get a .44 Magnum revolver, thats plenty of pistol.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:19am
I would love a Desert Eagle, for the sake of just owning one. As a functional pistol, well, you have intimidation. That's about it. The .50 versions only hold 7 shots, and they weigh enough to make it more effective as a club in a close-quarters situation.

However, some people like to pistol hunt, and I'd assume the DE would be a great pistol for something like that.

On that note, I really want a nice revolver. My favorite is without a doubt the Colt Python.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:21am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

I would love a Desert Eagle, for the sake of just owning one. As a functional pistol, well, you have intimidation. That's about it. The .50 versions only hold 7 shots, and they weigh enough to make it more effective as a club in a close-quarters situation.

However, some people like to pistol hunt, and I'd assume the DE would be a great pistol for something like that.

On that note, I really want a nice revolver. My favorite is without a doubt the Colt Python.

Friends grandpa hunts deer with a scoped .44 mag.

He also has a Python .357
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:25am
WANT PYTHON.

My uncle says it's the best handgun he's ever shot. Says it balances almost perfectly. Unfortunately, he sold it, and the cost of those things is constantly flying through the roof.

Shame too.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:26am
Yea, it's a nice gun. But large revolvers in general are nice.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:29am
[thick Russian accent]

Is heavy. Heavy is good. Is a sign of reliability.

[/thick Russian accent]

Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 5:34am
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Desert Eagles are so overkill it's not even funny. Want a big handgun ? Get a .44 Magnum revolver, thats plenty of pistol.

Desert Eagles are available in .44 Magnum.

I'd imagine that'd have a lot less recoil than a revolver because of its direct impingement system.

Edited by Brian Fellows - 11 July 2008 at 5:35am
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Yeah, .410 shotshells for spread... but also .45LC should you want something with a little more ooomph behind it.

Perhaps .410 to get his attention... 45LC to knock him down.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Desert Eagles are available in .44 Magnum.

I'd imagine that'd have a lot less recoil than a revolver because of its direct impingement system.

I like my .44 mags as revolvers. I also don't like desert eagles much because idiots at school who know absolutely nothing about guns sit there and go OMG DESERT EAGLE .50 CAL all day long...
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 8:27am
Desert Eagle rounds ran me 3 dollars a round at a range once. That's when I decided I didn't want a Desert Eagle.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

WANT PYTHON.

My uncle says it's the best handgun he's ever shot. Says it balances almost perfectly. Unfortunately, he sold it, and the cost of those things is constantly flying through the roof.

Shame too.

I had a 4" nickel Python, and I regret selling it as well. Nothing made comes close to the quality and balance of the Python.

There is nothing wrong with the 92 FS. It's accurate, reliable, easy to clean, and there are a buttload of accessories and holsters available for it. As for the "push on the front" trick, that will disable pretty much any semi-automatic pistol.

If you've got the cash, and want the best, get an H&K P7M8. It's smaller, simpler, and more accurate than the 92 (and 98% of other guns out there). Unfortunately, it costs more than 98% of the guns out there as well.
For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

the 92fs is only good enough to Shoot stray cats. Do you know if you push the Barrel the pistol wont fire?

This happens to be true of any recoil operated pistol.

You can get false front ends for some pistols to allow contact shots. IIRC the FBI HRT teams have 1911's with contact shot muzzles.

If you "push the Barrel" on any pistol that uses tilting barrel operation, you take the weapon out of battery. This means it SHOULDN'T fire. If it does you stand the chance of exploding the case that isn't fully in the chamber.

There are a few weapons that don't use this operation, but most of them do.

Hell if you want to talk about messing up the action, press on a Desert Eagle's magazine and it won't feed reliably either.

As for the Judge, meh.

These guys say it better than I can
Box of Truth

Unless you NEED a snake pistol, get a .45 Colt pistol from the get go. It is smaller, handier, and will point better.

KBK

Edited by Kayback - 11 July 2008 at 6:46pm
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:01pm

I think I'm headed to the range tomorrow. I really want to get good on my Smith and Wesson classic J-frame from 1951. Also known as the original Chief's Special, its possibly my favorite gun from a concealed carry perspective.

Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:17pm
would now be a bad  time to bring up silencers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic