FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beretta 92FS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

Desert Eagles are so overkill it's not even funny. Want a big handgun ? Get a .44 Magnum revolver, thats plenty of pistol.
Desert Eagles are available in .44 Magnum.I'd imagine that'd have a lot less recoil than a revolver because of its direct impingement system.
I like my .44 mags as revolvers. I also don't like desert eagles much because idiots at school who know absolutely nothing about guns sit there and go OMG DESERT EAGLE .50 CAL all day long...

But it was good in counter strike!
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

would now be a bad  time to bring up silencers?

Wow Spades, I didn't know you it in you.

ROFL.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

Desert Eagles are so overkill it's not even funny. Want a big handgun ? Get a .44 Magnum revolver, thats plenty of pistol.
Desert Eagles are available in .44 Magnum.I'd imagine that'd have a lot less recoil than a revolver because of its direct impingement system.
I like my .44 mags as revolvers. I also don't like desert eagles much because idiots at school who know absolutely nothing about guns sit there and go OMG DESERT EAGLE .50 CAL all day long...

But it was good in counter strike!

And for airsoft cause airsoft is like real !!!
Alberto411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 3:34pm
I like the M9. Everybody has pretty much pointed out the factors of size, grip, sights, etc etc. It really all depends on what YOU need out of the firearm as well as what is comfortable for YOU as well.

Before you dump $400 and up on a gun, I recommend you take a nice Saturday afternoon at the local range and try all the rentals that you may be interested in making yours one day. That, or just ask around and see if you can go with friends who are avid shooters and make day of the range with them.

I personally have the Taurus PT917C.

It is essentially a M9 replica scaled-down with a 4" barrel as opposed to the 5" barrel on the PT92/99 full-size Beretta copies. I am a fan of the single-double action, decocker, the 17 and 20 round mags, and of course the tac rail with which it comes. I bought it new from a Gun Show in Tampa for ~$400 before tax, background fees, etc. For CCW purposes, it still may be on the big, heavy side.

In the future, I plan on purchasing a Taurus PT1911 .45 pistol as they have received rave reviews at a great price-point. They're essentially Colt 1911 .45ACP replicas that also take the same 1911 8-round standard magazine.
WRX by 4, GSXR by 2
"I came, I saw, I lurked..." - Me
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

would now be a bad  time to bring up silencers?
You mean suppressors?

What about em?
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:17pm
edit

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 11 July 2008 at 6:24pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 6:18pm
1- Damn you Kayback why must you kill my dreams. Thou .. If it's good for snakes must be great for upper torso crawling Zombies.

2- Dune, If your local range rents gun try to see if they have any Smith & Wesson model 325. The Night Guard model I have found to be one of the better guns that I have shoot in my life. Thou I live less than ten minutes from the Smith & Wesson Shooting Arts Center. I been on the Revolver Tip recently and have been going through the rental shelf trying to find the perfect mix of Compactness and American Bad Assness. The Chief Specials are great guns. While the .38 special caliber has gone out of fashion I still like the round.
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2008 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Evil Elvis Evil Elvis wrote:

1- Damn you Kayback why must you kill my dreams. Thou .. If it's good for snakes must be great for upper torso crawling Zombies.

Possibly. The thing is the .410 is the .22 of shotguns. It isn't useful for anything really besides making a noise and teaching people to shoot.

Even the .410 slugs aren't worth the effort. Even a .45 Colt Cowboy load pushes a 250grain round at 750fps.The .410 sulg is 1/5 of a ounce. Thats something like 90 grains.

You do the maths.

If you absolutely positively need a snake gun I can see a need for it, other wise get a .45Colt, and you can find shot shells that'll work against snakes just fine for it.

KBK
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 1:39am
Kayback, my grandpa uses his 410 to shoot ravens over his chicken coupe all the time. It is really a pretty handy round, if you live somewhere where you have to deal with a lot of pests.

Anyways, back on topic, my dad owns the .40 caliber version of the beretta, I believe it is the 96. He has shot many a local competition with it, and it is one of my favorite guns I have ever shot.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Kayback View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 6:49am
Ok, Maybe I should moderate what I'm saying. The .410 has no practical use in a handgun sized weapon. Anything the .410 can do, the .45Colt and the .45Colt snake rounds can do just as well.

xXK1, Personally I use sub sonic .22 HP's through my supressed Colt for varmit control, SO the .410 is equal to the .22 :)

The .410 does in the shotgun world what the .22LR does in the solid round world. It is cheap, light, easy to shoot, and best used on small game or when teaching someone to shoot. That's exatly what a .22 is for. It's not saying it doesn't have real world applications, just it doesn't have any in a pistol.

I've shot with a 10 year old who uses a .410 for clays. It's pretty impressive. That kid has some skillz.

KBK
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Kayback Kayback wrote:

Ok, Maybe I should moderate what I'm saying. The .410 has no practical use in a handgun sized weapon. Anything the .410 can do, the .45Colt and the .45Colt snake rounds can do just as well.

xXK1, Personally I use sub sonic .22 HP's through my supressed Colt for varmit control, SO the .410 is equal to the .22 :)

The .410 does in the shotgun world what the .22LR does in the solid round world. It is cheap, light, easy to shoot, and best used on small game or when teaching someone to shoot. That's exatly what a .22 is for. It's not saying it doesn't have real world applications, just it doesn't have any in a pistol.

I've shot with a 10 year old who uses a .410 for clays. It's pretty impressive. That kid has some skillz.

KBK

Ya, when I shot trap there were a handfull of kids who shot with 410's and most of them were pretty decent with them. Anyways, I could see using a 410 shell in a pistol, especially if you are using live traps and not wanting to shoot a whole in the trap.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2008 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

[thick Russian accent]

Is heavy. Heavy is good. Is a sign of reliability.

[/thick Russian accent]

if it does not work, you could always hit him with it.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 4:02pm
 I didn't like the M9. it just felt unnatural for me. I like the 1911. I own/use the Colt Gold Cup .45.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic