Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alpha black egrip upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Yann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alpha black egrip upgrade
    Posted: 07 July 2008 at 11:04am
Hey,

I'm planning to buy an alpha black tactical with egrip and add a 98 custom cyclone (for the looks and price :P)

but right now all store in my location are back order on the egrip version,

I just wondered if there would be an egrip upgrade kit coming out because the alpha black tactical witout egrip is availible, I could buy that, put the cyclone, and when I feel i need electro, buy and install the egrip (I would prefer that I would still have the old mecannic trigger in case the egrip failed (due to water) )

anyway soo if anyone knows if a egrip upgrade will be availible please tell me.

or else I could buy a a-5 with egrip but I wont get the look and it will cost me about 40 more than an alpha black with egrip and cyclone (and 200 more to have an m4 look, at that point I might just get an ak-47)

thank you

Edited by Yann - 07 July 2008 at 11:05am
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2008 at 11:09am
Currently thee are no plans for a seperate E-Grip kit for the alpha black.
Quiet_Riot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiet_Riot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:54am

they need to put one on the market soon though

Quiet_Riot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quiet_Riot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:55am
i know alot of people who made the mistake of overlookeing the one with the e-grip installed in it including me
XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:28pm
Actually on tippmannparts.com they sell all of the parts that make up an e-grip for the AB. but the problem is is that the circut board for it might be sold out.

BTW you can get a brand new ABT with egrip for $169.99 on Ebay and have priority shipping alltogether for like $179.98 there. Thats how i got mine. Also its probably cheaper to buy it with the e-grip already installed.
ThaBobsta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaBobsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:55pm
There is also a mod using a 98C Egrip
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by ThaBobsta ThaBobsta wrote:

There is also a mod using a 98C Egrip

This is an more expensive option though. If you buy the AB tactical with the E-grip it is $169. If you buy the AB tactical for $129, and the E-grip for $90, you are looking at a $50 difference not including shipping. There are currently egripped ABs on Ebay.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
shorty12332 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty12332 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:35pm
i have been looking for the upgrade to and have checked into it and it will not becoming out for a while but i do have a website that sells it very cheap it is www.reddotpaintball.com but do not use i mean do not use www.paintball-discounters.com it took them 2 months to get the gun to me and then it was the wrong gun!
i shoot tippmann!!!
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 11:10pm
dude paintball discounters didnt take long at all. i ordered a new grip set for my girlfriends brothers ion and they were at my house in two days
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:51am

Not sure exactly what you are talking about Shorty (and I don't think you do either) as the e-grip upgrade for the 98c is $99 dollars on Reddot, the same as everywhere else. This is a lot more than the $40 difference between the 129 and 169 if you get the upgrade already installed and you dont have to mod it. As for PB Discounters, I buy from them about every 2 or three months and never had an issue with delivery. Perhaps the two month wait, was because you pre-ordered the AB before it was available for shipment which nearly every Tippmann reseller offered.

Lastly, from everything that I have heard, Tippmann WILL NOT be offering an AB specific E-grip upgrade as a seperate product.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Eternal_SiR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal_SiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 4:39pm
i just bought a 98 APE rampage board and installed it in my ABT.. that board is much better than the stock board.. and its a simple drop in, all you need to to buy a armature pin, sear spring and a new sear.. or u can just make your own armature pin.. only part that takes a little time is cutting open the battery door..
hankpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hankpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Eternal_SiR Eternal_SiR wrote:

i just bought a 98 APE rampage board and installed it in my ABT.. that board is much better than the stock board.. and its a simple drop in, all you need to to buy a armature pin, sear spring and a new sear.. or u can just make your own armature pin.. only part that takes a little time is cutting open the battery door..

You didnt run into a problem with any of the solder hitting where the board drops in?  It would be on the side where the trigger is.

I tried to do this today with a Tippmann board and fried it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal_SiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 1:25am

Originally posted by hankpro hankpro wrote:

You didnt run into a problem with any of the solder hitting where the board drops in?  It would be on the side where the trigger is.

I tried to do this today with a Tippmann board and fried it.

i did some research and knew that might be an issue so i went over top of the solder joints with a clear enamal so it wouldn't make the short.

Edited by Eternal_SiR - 10 July 2008 at 1:26am
hankpro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hankpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 2:01am

Where did you find this?  I been having a heck of a time finding anything.  I also looked at a APE board and they are bout the same.  I wonder if the newer AB are cut a little different.  Like the older 98s.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal_SiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 10:30am
Originally posted by hankpro hankpro wrote:

Where did you find this?  I been having a heck of a time finding anything.  I also looked at a APE board and they are bout the same.  I wonder if the newer AB are cut a little different.  Like the older 98s.

I dont' remember where i found it, i spends weeks doing the research and saving pics and stuff.. i have the first genereation AB.  another solution was to take a dremal and slightly grind down the metal a little where it rubs, and put a thin piece of sticky foam there so it keeps the board off the metal body.

Nikolai049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nikolai049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by XtremeBordom XtremeBordom wrote:

BTW you can get a brand new ABT with egrip for $169.99 on Ebay and have priority shipping alltogether for like $179.98 there. Thats how i got mine. Also its probably cheaper to buy it with the e-grip already installed.

I got mine (AB - Egrip) for $135 through Dunham's - the trick is to use an e-coupon site...
Yann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 12:41pm
Problem is im in canada, soo not all store can ship at my location + i dont want the marker to be stuck at the custom for 2 weeks....

I think i will buy the egrip version but dont know where to get it all local store are backorder in my location right now,

and i need to find a store that ship relatively fast and wont stuck at the custom...

thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eternal_SiR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by Yann Yann wrote:

Problem is im in canada, soo not all store can ship at my location + i dont want the marker to be stuck at the custom for 2 weeks....

I think i will buy the egrip version but dont know where to get it all local store are backorder in my location right now,

and i need to find a store that ship relatively fast and wont stuck at the custom...

thank you

I BOUGHT MINE ON E-BAY FROM A SELLER IN ONTARIO.. AND I LIVE IN VANCOUVER..  SO I GOT MINE BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN IN STOCK LOCALLY.. BUT I REGRET NOT GETTING THE E-GRIP VERSION.. BUT MY APE RAMPAGE BOARD OUT PERFORMS THE STOCK ONE ANYDAY

XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Nikolai049 Nikolai049 wrote:

I got mine (AB - Egrip) for $135 through Dunham's - the trick is to use an e-coupon site...

I got the e-grip tactical version though...
Yann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2008 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by Yann Yann wrote:

thank you

I BOUGHT MINE ON E-BAY FROM A SELLER IN ONTARIO.. AND I LIVE IN VANCOUVER..  SO I GOT MINE BEFORE THEY WERE EVEN IN STOCK LOCALLY.. BUT I REGRET NOT GETTING THE E-GRIP VERSION.. BUT MY APE RAMPAGE BOARD OUT PERFORMS THE STOCK ONE ANYDAY

easy on the caps,

anyway the ape board is compatible with the alpha black?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic