Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non-regulated CO2 guns need to be banned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non-regulated CO2 guns need to be banned
    Posted: 06 July 2008 at 7:53pm
I was playing a week ago and got hit with the most painful shot I've ever taken.  Besides the fact that it was friendly fire from a newb with a rental gun, that sucker hurt.

I called the ref, and he forced everyone to re-chrono.  The guy who shot me was shooting 355 fps.  It was a 98C rental using CO2.  He said he had adjusted it to 285 when he started playing at 10am.  But by 1pm, the temp had raised so much, his CO2 was at much higher pressure.

I do not blame the newby player.  I blame the field for not having someone making sure people chrono every time they return to the field.

Anyways, the ball that hit me did break, but the mark it left was very dark, almost black.  The bruise that formed around the mark was 3 inches in diameter.

I still use CO2, but I have a stabilizer that regulates the pressure.  My gun is as stable in velocity as any HPA gun I've seen.

We have advanced in technology enough, that as a safety issue, no paintball gun should ever be unregulated, especially with CO2.  A regulator should come stock as a safety feature.

If you agree, post a message, and maybe the manufactures will listen.
Tunka.com - Working to keep paintball legal in Colorado's National Forests.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
Special Ops Brigade ID:161556
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 7:58pm
K.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 7:58pm
man up
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:07pm
lawls at complaining about getting shot...

ya bleedin... yeahh youre bleeding....

you had a mask on so whats the problem?

and you cant really regulate Co2 at all.. the stabilizer takes most of the liquid out without sacrificing performance like most expansion chambers do, it only acts as a regulator for Comp Air
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:12pm
Man up, you said it's only a bruise, you got no right crying. Check out these 2, this dumb ass shot me when I walked off the field and was next to his bunker, I think it cronoed at 425 .

Previously DYE PLAYA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:22pm
Mine looked worse than both of those, was actually bleeding through my shirt, and the 3 inch bruise was a dark yellow color.  I will not be surprised if I have a circular scar after all is said & done.  I've had 100+ shots that look like those two pics, and I would not complain about those.

As far as not being able to regulate CO2, I disagree 100%.  My stabilizer is adjustable, and if I set it to 600 psi, it keeps the CO2 at 600psi no matter how hot the tank gets.  How is that not a regulator?

Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:27pm

Not gonna happen. At best, make people chrono before each game. Even that is unlikely.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:28pm
You need a higher fps if you're gonna snipe.
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:29pm
100+ shots like notxxscared posted and you complain about one big one...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:32pm
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:34pm
an extreme increase in pressure would decrease the FPS.

you can leave a gun in the sun all day and you wont have a 70 FPS increase... that velocity screw moved...
saving the world, one warship at a time.
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:34pm
It's part of the sport. Suck it up, or be a super vaj, cry about hits, and get body armor. Downtime inbetween games is long enoug as it is, and you expect everyone to chrono amidst filling tanks, hoppers, pods, cleaning up, eating food, getting stuff to drink, ect? You would barly get any play time in if you had to wait for 50 people on a walk on game to chrono every time. 

Previously DYE PLAYA
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:37pm
350 isnt even bad...
Que pasa?

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by evillepaintball evillepaintball wrote:

man up

Or try a different sport.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:43pm
Yes I am complaining about the one big one.  That sucker hurt.  I've been playing for over a decade, and I've taken many hot paintballs.  That specific one felt like a rubber bullet, (which yes, I was shot by one for being in the wrong place during the riots in Denver after the Broncos won the Super Bowl).

If nothing else, maybe some of you may read this, and be a bit more educated about the effects.

And for the person who said, "you had your goggles on..."  The manufactures of goggles specifically state they do not guarantee the lens to take shots over 300 fps.  A paintball will shatter a beer bottle, why not a plastic lens.

Also, some of you seem to not respect this sport as a game...  A game that needs to be safe.  Some of you need a 2x4 to the back of the head in my opinion...

Edited by motopsycho650 - 06 July 2008 at 8:44pm
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

You need a higher fps if you're gonna snipe.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:45pm
the manufacturer says that just so there are fewer instances in which they could be held liable.  a maintained mask will withstand shots over 350fps.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:53pm
A paintball will shatter a beer bottle?
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:54pm
Damn paintguns.

And get them damn kids outta my damn yard!
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by motopsycho650 motopsycho650 wrote:

Yes I am complaining about the one big one. That sucker hurt. I've been playing for over a decade, and I've taken many hot paintballs. That specific one felt like a rubber bullet, (which yes, I was shot by one for being in the wrong place during the riots in Denver after the Broncos won the Super Bowl).If nothing else, maybe some of you may read this, and be a bit more educated about the effects.And for the person who said, "you had your goggles on..." The manufactures of goggles specifically state they do not guarantee the lens to take shots over 300 fps. A paintball will shatter a beer bottle, why not a plastic lens.Also, some of you seem to not respect this sport as a game... A game that needs to be safe. Some of you need a 2x4 to the back of the head in my opinion...

You do fully realize which sub forum you choose to post this in?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic