FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non-regulated CO2 guns need to be banned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:56am
Styro, I'm not sure I follow that logic. When the CO2 inters the marker under ideal conditions (with the exception of markers requiring a siphon tank), the CO2 is in a gaseous state. As a gas, it's pressure can be controlled, or regulated. And that's what a regulator is there to do, control the pressure of the gas entering it and improve its consistency by doing so. What makes CO2 difficult to regulate is when liquid enters the marker. That's what makes the Stabilizer so good with CO2. It has a valve built in to bleed off excess pressure when the pressure the Stab was set at is exceeded.

The way I see it, CO2 is perfectly regulatable.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:03am
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Styro, I'm not sure I follow that logic. When the CO2 inters the marker under ideal conditions (with the exception of markers requiring a siphon tank), the CO2 is in a gaseous state. As a gas, it's pressure can be controlled, or regulated. And that's what a regulator is there to do, control the pressure of the gas entering it and improve its consistency by doing so. What makes CO2 difficult to regulate is when liquid enters the marker. That's what makes the Stabilizer so good with CO2. It has a valve built in to bleed off excess pressure when the pressure the Stab was set at is exceeded.

The way I see it, CO2 is perfectly regulatable.
hmm..  i stand corrected.

But still, regs on entry level markers will never happen.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 11:22am
I thought it was odd when co2 entered my tippmann and stab. The guage would first be at about 550psi and it slowly climbed up in pressure after not firing the gun. Of course this was when I used co2. Even with my regulated co2, the gun still built up the pressure it takes to do some serious harm.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Styro, I'm not sure I follow that logic. When the CO2 inters the marker under ideal conditions (with the exception of markers requiring a siphon tank), the CO2 is in a gaseous state. As a gas, it's pressure can be controlled, or regulated. And that's what a regulator is there to do, control the pressure of the gas entering it and improve its consistency by doing so. What makes CO2 <span style="font-style: italic;">difficult </span>to regulate is when liquid enters the marker. That's what makes the Stabilizer so good with CO2. It has a valve built in to bleed off excess pressure when the pressure the Stab was set at is exceeded.The way I see it, CO2 is perfectly regulatable.
hmm..  i stand corrected.But still, regs on entry level markers will never happen.

Ion?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

I thought it was odd when co2 entered my tippmann and stab. The guage would first be at about 550psi and it slowly climbed up in pressure after not firing the gun. Of course this was when I used co2. Even with my regulated co2, the gun still built up the pressure it takes to do some serious harm.

That sounds like you may have a problem with your Stabilizer.  I know with my marker I haven't had to touch my velocity adjustment screw in years and it shoots very consistantly on CO2.

New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:42pm
IBTL
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Robotech Robotech wrote:

That sounds like you may have a problem with your Stabilizer.  I know with my marker I haven't had to touch my velocity adjustment screw in years and it shoots very consistantly on CO2.

It's just that the airflow only goes one way with the stab. Anyways, with 1 shot, the psi goes back to the setting I had it set for.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 12:57pm

That sounds like you may have a problem with your Stabilizer. I know with my marker I haven't had to touch my velocity adjustment screw in years and it shoots very consistantly on CO2.

It's just that the airflow only goes one way with the stab. Anyways, with 1 shot, the psi goes back to the setting I had it set for.

The only way I can imagine this happening would be if you were holding your marker downwards, so liquid CO2 was going down the line, then getting into the reg.

Or am I wrong? Is CO2 cold enough when you're shooting that it heats up a lot when you're just standing around?
Robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:22pm
That's kind of what I'm thinking Pariel...like there is a problem with the Stabilizer like a small leak internally that's causing the pressure creep.
New to the sport?

Proud owner of a WS-66 A-5 ACP
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Styro, I'm not sure I follow that logic. When the CO2 inters the marker under ideal conditions (with the exception of markers requiring a siphon tank), the CO2 is in a gaseous state. As a gas, it's pressure can be controlled, or regulated. And that's what a regulator is there to do, control the pressure of the gas entering it and improve its consistency by doing so. What makes CO2 <span style="font-style: italic;">difficult </span>to regulate is when liquid enters the marker. That's what makes the Stabilizer so good with CO2. It has a valve built in to bleed off excess pressure when the pressure the Stab was set at is exceeded.The way I see it, CO2 is perfectly regulatable.
hmm..  i stand corrected.But still, regs on entry level markers will never happen.

Ion?

The ion is a mid level marker, no entry level player is going to know how to care for the ions needs. I have been playing for a while now and not even I am fully aware of what maintenance it needs.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

That sounds like you may have a problem with your Stabilizer. I know with my marker I haven't had to touch my velocity adjustment screw in years and it shoots very consistantly on CO2.

The only way I can imagine this happening would be if you were holding your marker downwards, so liquid CO2 was going down the line, then getting into the reg.

Or am I wrong? Is CO2 cold enough when you're shooting that it heats up a lot when you're just standing around?
Yah, all that happens is the co2 warms up. Even when using HPA, pressure on my other guns creeps up due to the heat building up.

rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 1:58pm
i r sniper lol
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

Ion?
The ion is a mid level marker, no entry level player is going to know how to care for the ions needs. I have been playing for a while now and not even I am fully aware of what maintenance it needs.

The ion is definately entry level.

It has entry level performance and features and anyone can learn to maintain any marker properly.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 2:33pm

Ion?

Are you retarded?
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:04pm

Ion?

The ion is definately entry level.

It has entry level performance and features and anyone can learn to maintain any marker properly.
My general rule is that if it will not run co2 out of the box, it isn't an entry level marker. 
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:07pm
The Ion runs perfectly fine on CO2.

And let's not forget the WGP Trilogy Competition and Pro. It's regulated. As are the more modern Spyders, and even some VL's. They are all equipped with regs. Albeit, not very good ones, but they are definitely regs, and not x-chambers.

Edited by DeTrevni - 08 July 2008 at 3:09pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:12pm

The Ion runs perfectly fine on CO2.

And let's not forget the WGP Trilogy Pro. It's regulated. As are the more modern Spyders, and even some VL's. They are all equipped with regs. Albeit, not very good ones, but they are definitely regs, and not x-chambers.
Let me correct myself.  Unsiphoned co2. 

And since when do you know stuff about paintball guns?
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 3:24pm
so any gun that doesnt thrive on liquid co2 inside of it isnt an entry level marker?
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:14pm

Yah, all that happens is the co2 warms up. Even when using HPA, pressure on my other guns creeps up due to the heat building up.

Well, that makes sense if it's sitting for a while.

And Ion's are 100% entry level. Used Ions are $100, the new Ion-platform guns from SP (most of which are better than the Ion) are $150-$200.

There are Spyders in the $200-$300 range (VS series I believe), and Spyder only makes entry level markers.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 4:19pm
I've been out of the sport for a while.  I didn't know about the new Spyders and whatnot.  I didn't even know those where regs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic