Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non-regulated CO2 guns need to be banned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by barn_user barn_user wrote:

You do fully realize which sub forum you choose to post this in?

Gee, it says thoughts & opinions, which is exactly what I was sharing...  Not sure why you even asked that.

Honestly, I can't believe some of the responses from people who don't seem to care about being safe while playing a potentially dangerous game.  People who post things saying 350 is ok, or you need higher velocity to be a sniper should be banned from these forums.  That is the type of stuff Tippmann should not tolerate on a paintball forum.

I belong to Tunka in Colorado, which is a public club of over 1300 Colorado players who host free games on National Forest land.  Tunka's biggest thing is to follow the rules, both paintball rules & national forest rules.  All of our members are very respectful of all of these rules, and never talk like some of you do.
Tunka.com - Working to keep paintball legal in Colorado's National Forests.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
Special Ops Brigade ID:161556
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

A paintball will shatter a beer bottle?

I can shatter a beer bottle with my bare hands.

EDIT: **edited** paintball guns, I go out there and throw the mofos at people.  Fists FTMFW!!!

Edited by rockerdoode - 06 July 2008 at 9:26pm
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:26pm
Paintballs will shatter a beer bottle, break windows, chip the paint off your car, break through dry wall...  They are actually very powerful for being a gel-cap.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by motopsycho650 motopsycho650 wrote:

Originally posted by barn_user barn_user wrote:

You do fully realize which sub forum you choose to post this in?
Gee, it says thoughts & opinions, which is exactly what I was sharing...  Not sure why you even asked that.

It's T&O, people generally do not care about paintball related talk in here. If you would like more paintball related responses, please put topics like this in new players forum. Your not going to receive much sympathy here.

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:29pm

Paintballs will shatter a beer bottle, break windows, chip the paint off your car, break through dry wall...  They are actually very powerful for being a gel-cap.

LIEK OMG!

no. way.

Edited by rockerdoode - 06 July 2008 at 9:30pm
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:35pm
Cheating is part of paintball.

Edited by notXXscared - 06 July 2008 at 9:36pm

Previously DYE PLAYA
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:37pm
I'd like to see a paintball shatter a beer bottle, I have trouble seeing that happen.

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I'd like to see a paintball shatter a beer bottle, I have trouble seeing that happen.

Do you think it counts to shoot the bottle off a tall building with your paintball gun?  I mean...technically, that would count...right?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:44pm

For someone whas "played for over a decade" you are very uneducated.

Paint won't shatter a beer bottle or we wouldn't be playing with plastic lenses

Chip the paint off a car?..lol I have personally put hoppers upon hoppers of paint into my car.

Also, I have personally put paint through drywall. Of course it took a hopper before it started breaking.

As has been said, goggles are rated higher than 350 fps. They say do not shoot them above 300 for insurance reasons.

350 is ok. It doesn't do much at all. I wouldn't and don't play with guns that high, but it barely hurts anymore.

If you'd like, I'll make 3 videos for you for proof.

Oh and G.T.F.O. troll

Que pasa?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

LIEK OMG!

no. way.

Go talk to the owner of Blitz Paintball in Dacono Colorado.  He used a steel water troff at their chrono station, and after 3 months & who knows how many paintballs, the steel at the the bottom of the troff split open like a pop can.  They also have moble homes in the field with 1000 holes right through the wooden siding.

300 fps = 204.5 Miles per hour.  anything, no matter how small, traveling that fast is potentially deadly.

I used to target practice with beer bottles all the time.  go try it...  3-5 shots on the bottle & it will shatter, every time.

Edited by motopsycho650 - 06 July 2008 at 9:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by notXXscared notXXscared wrote:

I want you to go play with some real guns, that way I won't have to worry about you later on.

At a Tunka game, if anyone is caught turning their gun up on purpose, they are asked to leave, and shunned from the group...
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:51pm
Were you using real bullets when you shot the beer bottles and missed he first 2-4?

I have taken my mask and put it 5 feet away from me, and shot it with a full hopper and that didn't shatter.

thin Plastic stronger than glass bottles these days?

Also, playing on national forests is illegal most likely.

Edited by jmac3 - 06 July 2008 at 9:52pm
Que pasa?

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:52pm

Originally posted by notXXscared notXXscared wrote:

I want you to go play with some
real guns, that way I won't have to worry about you later on.At a Tunka
game, if anyone is caught turning their gun up on purpose, they are
asked to leave, and shunned from the group...

Oh no! Not social castration! Man...you guys are BRUTAL.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:58pm
In colorado it is NOT illegal to play in national forest land.  We are one of 4 states that still allow it.  Partially because we talk to the rangers, we avoid over played areas, we don't rainbow trees, we stay 100 yards from the roads, and WE FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

Cheating in paintball is only for those players who aren't good enough to play fairly.  Some days I win, some days I lose, but I do it with sportsmanship.
barn_user View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Filterdodge, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barn_user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:04pm

Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

LIEK OMG! no. way.
Go talk to the owner of Blitz Paintball in Dacono Colorado.  He used a steel water troff at their chrono station, and after 3 months & who knows how many paintballs, the steel at the the bottom of the troff split open like a pop can.  They also have moble homes in the field with 1000 holes right through the wooden siding.300 fps = 204.5 Miles per hour.  anything, no matter how small, traveling that fast is potentially deadly.I used to target practice with beer bottles all the time.  go try it...  3-5 shots on the bottle & it will shatter, every time.
Rust or corrosion?
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:06pm

In colorado it is NOT illegal to play in national forest land.  We are one of 4 states that still allow it.  Partially because we talk to the rangers, we avoid over played areas, we don't rainbow trees, we stay 100 yards from the roads, and WE FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

Cheating in paintball is only for those players who aren't good enough to play fairly.  Some days I win, some days I lose, but I do it with sportsmanship.

So you gave up on the other arguments?

Que pasa?

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:18pm
TL;DR

Even with the stabalizer, the velocity will raise no matter what. Even in the mornings when I walk onto the field with HPA and a regulator, my velocity still rises with the temperature. No matter what all you read that HPA is barely affected by temperature, it still is affected a good deal enough to raise my 285fps over 300fps in just a few hours time.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:18pm
Nobody on this section of the forum plays(or cares) about paintball anymore. They come here for fun. This would be better suited in new players forum. Even though your not a new player. I'd say ideas but that section of the forum is a joke.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:26pm
um gettin shot is part of the game. just suck it up. i've had alot of bruises and bleeders from getting shot five feet away on bare skin...you dont see me crying about it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 10:26pm
Quote Rust or corrosion?

Why would anyone make a WATER troff out of a metal that rusts or corrodes?  that seems like a stupid idea.  I'm talking stainless steel

Quote So you gave up on the other arguments?

I'm just going with the flow of the discussion...  I am really bored, otherwise I wouldn't waste my time on such idiotic things like this that experienced players should know anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic