FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zomg Honda commercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

thats sad.

i get 35.

Pics or shens.
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

thats sad.

i get 35.

Pics or shens.

of?..
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

23MPG by no stretch of the imagination is impressive.

How is 23mpg impressive from a v6 suv.

My brother gets better milage out of a 1985 GMC Sierra 3500 crew cab long box.  Thing gets 24mpg on average driving from BC to ALBERTA.  It has a 6.2L V8 Diesel with a Banks after market turbo.  It has a 4 speed standard trans 4:10 rear gears.

I used to own a 1994 Ford F250 Ex Cab long box truck.  It had a old style 7.3L V8 turbo Diesel with a 4 speed auto and 4:11 rear gears.  I bumped up the fuel pump installed a custome 3" exhaust from the turbo back and heavily beefed up the trans and had oversized tires on it 31".  This truck in the CITY would average 18mpg and on the highway would get 21mpg.

Both of those trucks are HUGE and are nearly twice the weight of the Honda and have MECHANICAL MASSIVE V8 Diesels.  And yet the 1985 GM regularly BEATS the Honda MPG wise and the MUCH more powerfull Ford is ALMOST as good.

And my current car is the MPG king but its a small econ box so its no comparison.  Its a 2004 VW Jetta TDI it averages 45mpg with a recorded best of 58mpg.

Edited by BearClaw - 03 July 2008 at 5:13pm
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:52pm
I'm no mechanic but I don't think it's really fair to compare diesel engines to gasoline engines. From what I hear, diesels are just more efficient (more energy released from diesel fuel or something). In any case, I'm surprised to see that the Pilot is only getting 23 mpg from a 6-cylinder in '08, even for an SUV. Usually imports are good for fuel economy with small engines. As said by others, it seems that a decent amount of domestic 8-cylinder cars get similar fuel economy and make much more power. My '84 firebird is in crummy condition so it's only getting about 14 mpg city from a 5L V8 but once I change the carb, exhaust, and intake manifold it should improve significantly. When I had the carb rebuilt and the fuel mixture was right, it was getting around 20mpg city but I've changed some stuff and now it's running disgustingly rich so my fuel economy took a steep dive.

Also, I have to admit, I laughed at that commercial. I think it's kind of making fun of people who like domestic stuff and put down the imports but I don't really care, it was funny.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by BearClaw BearClaw wrote:

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

23MPG by no stretch of the imagination is impressive.

How is 23mpg impressive from a v6 suv.

My brother gets better milage out of a 1985 GMC Sierra 3500 crew cab long box.  Thing gets 24mpg on average driving from BC to ALBERTA.  It has a 6.2L V8 Diesel with a Banks after market turbo.  It has a 4 speed standard trans 4:10 rear gears.

I used to own a 1994 Ford F250 Ex Cab long box truck.  It had a old style 7.3L V8 turbo Diesel with a 4 speed auto and 4:11 rear gears.  I bumped up the fuel pump installed a custome 3" exhaust from the turbo back and heavily beefed up the trans and had oversized tires on it 31".  This truck in the CITY would average 18mpg and on the highway would get 21mpg.

Both of those trucks are HUGE and are nearly twice the weight of the Honda and have MECHANICAL MASSIVE V8 Diesels.  And yet the 1985 GM regularly BEATS the Honda MPG wise and the MUCH more powerfull Ford is ALMOST as good.

And my current car is the MPG king but its a small econ box so its no comparison.  Its a 2004 VW Jetta TDI it averages 45mpg with a recorded best of 58mpg.

Would you like to borrow my tuck for the weekend to play with the gears? Ill drive up there and buy you a nice dinner too.

On a serious note, I seriously need help with my truck. I know SOMEHOW I can get better fuel efficency. I have a 5.0 2wd F150, with a 6' bed and a regular cab, and I get 11 mpg

Edited by SSOK - 03 July 2008 at 11:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic