Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$950

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Just bought my first car today for $50 more than your timing belt would've cost.

What is it?
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Bounty Bounty wrote:

Just bought my first car today for $50 more than your timing belt would've cost.
What is it?

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL with the 3.1L six in it. It has 130K miles on it, but the thing has been babied. The guy we bought it from has kept track of everything he has ever done to it - oil changes, spark plugs, transmission work, everything. He even wrote down everytime he put friggen' gas in it and the mileage. Its insane.

It is in beautiful condition too. It rides so nice for its age and it definitly hugs the road surprisingly well. The tranny shifts smoother than my parent's cars that are years younger. The only thing really wrong with it is that there is some kind of noise coming from the engine. We think its the piston hitting against the cylinder/sleeve because these cars are known for that. It goes away in higher revs, almost like it aligns itself. You can't hear it when driving it, and if it grows to be a problem, an engine swap can be done for less than 1K. I'm just hoping for a couple years out of it.

The interior is amazing. Its a dark grey leather; it looks pretty good. It has clearly been cared for, with only a single small tear in the side of the driver's seat. It does need new front speakers and I'll probably just end up putting in some kind of mid-end system anyways. The paint is beautiful, there is a fair dent in the area behind the rear tire on the drivers side and two very small areas of rust that we'll end up touching up to keep it from spreading.

All in all, a great buy (knock on wood). Its a lot of car for what we paid.

Edited by Yomillio - 30 June 2008 at 8:41pm
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 9:22pm
Look into how to change the timing belt before you decide to sell it...
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by .357 Magnum .357 Magnum wrote:

Because now he's in before I said something stupid. See.

So you admit you say stupid things.

Admitting is the first step towards recovery.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Because now he's in before I said something stupid. See.

So you admit you say stupid things.

Admitting is the first step towards recovery.

DaHui:

You're trying to make 357 look bad, but you're only making yourself look worse. Try to help yourself out and not troll on 357 so much.

.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:16pm

What is it?

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL with the 3.1L six in it. It has 130K miles on it, but the thing has been babied. The guy we bought it from has kept track of everything he has ever done to it - oil changes, spark plugs, transmission work, everything. He even wrote down everytime he put friggen' gas in it and the mileage. Its insane.

It is in beautiful condition too. It rides so nice for its age and it definitly hugs the road surprisingly well. The tranny shifts smoother than my parent's cars that are years younger. The only thing really wrong with it is that there is some kind of noise coming from the engine. We think its the piston hitting against the cylinder/sleeve because these cars are known for that. It goes away in higher revs, almost like it aligns itself. You can't hear it when driving it, and if it grows to be a problem, an engine swap can be done for less than 1K. I'm just hoping for a couple years out of it.

The interior is amazing. Its a dark grey leather; it looks pretty good. It has clearly been cared for, with only a single small tear in the side of the driver's seat. It does need new front speakers and I'll probably just end up putting in some kind of mid-end system anyways. The paint is beautiful, there is a fair dent in the area behind the rear tire on the drivers side and two very small areas of rust that we'll end up touching up to keep it from spreading.

Rod knock and/or piston slap is not good lol. But that's damn cheap.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:36pm

Now how about you change your avatar.

How about you change your's? 'Cause it's buggin the crap outta me.

Although I think Da Hui's could change too--I have yet to find a reason to actually that specific offensive object anywhere.

Edited by Pariel - 30 June 2008 at 11:37pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 11:38pm
Alright, changed mine a minute ago.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:33am

I personally have never seen a good reliable cavalier. They look good but my buddy bought one and within a month the piston blew through the engine block. And as for the Z24, I just think they are very, very underpowered.
my car has 159K miles on at and hasent had anny problems. what year was is and how many miles??

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 1:24am
Yeah, I put a ton of miles on my Cavalier, and I never had any trouble with it. Mine was a '97 with the Quad-4, and I didn't think it was "very very underpowered". It wasn't a race car, but it was supposed to have 150 HP, which would have been comparable to other vehicles in it's class at that time.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 8:06am

What is it?

Piston slap. Thats it. I couldn't think of the 'slap' part for anything when I was trying to type it... lol.

Yeah, it isn't. But right now its not too obnoxious and were buying this the intention of it hopefully lasting me 2 or 3 years. Everything else is beautiful on it, and if we really wanted to we could just pay a visit to the junkyard and I'll still have spend less than $2000 on it provided nothing else goes seriously wrong.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Yeah, I put a ton of miles on my Cavalier, and I never had any trouble with it. Mine was a '97 with the Quad-4, and I didn't think it was "very very underpowered". It wasn't a race car, but it was supposed to have 150 HP, which would have been comparable to other vehicles in it's class at that time.
ya mines the 99 2.4L. 170hp with all the mods (had it dyno tested 3 days ago). it definatly isent the fastest car on the block, its the the slowest eather. its the perfect starter car in terms of reliability and durability.

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

I personally have never seen a good reliable cavalier. They look good but my buddy bought one and within a month the piston blew through the engine block. And as for the Z24, I just think they are very, very underpowered.
my car has 159K miles on at and hasent had anny problems. what year was is and how many miles??

No clue, I never got a chance to see it but it was a third gen with around 100k on it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 12:50pm

What is it?

Piston slap. Thats it. I couldn't think of the 'slap' part for anything when I was trying to type it... lol.

Yeah, it isn't. But right now its not too obnoxious and were buying this the intention of it hopefully lasting me 2 or 3 years. Everything else is beautiful on it, and if we really wanted to we could just pay a visit to the junkyard and I'll still have spend less than $2000 on it provided nothing else goes seriously wrong.

Just make sure to keep an eye on your oil level.
paintbusta View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbusta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 3:42pm

if you can look at nissan maxima's  very relaible and they dont have a timing belt they have a timing chain

xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 7:18pm

ya mines the 99 2.4L. 170hp with all the mods (had it dyno tested 3 days ago). it definatly isent the fastest car on the block, its the the slowest eather. its the perfect starter car in terms of reliability and durability.

My friends stock del sol puts out like 120 and it is hella lighter than yours, your cars not that great.

<Sig violation, Section 1>
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx wrote:

My friends stock del sol puts out like 120 and it is hella lighter than yours, your cars not that great.

never said my car was great.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic