Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to make a sniper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 3:46pm
Paintball Off-shore artillary Support. With GPS guided paint-rockets.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 4:14pm

Originally posted by Cypher5601 Cypher5601 wrote:

I dont want to explain myself to you because even if i prove myself your ignorance will still refuse to accept it. So no i will not explain myself. And i have better things to do than to write 3 paragraphs proving why im right. I just am and thats it. Accept it or not i really dont care.

Translation:  I'm 15 years old and lack the intellectual capacity to intelligently debate my position.  And if you don't quit picking on me, I'm telling my mommy!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 4:18pm

LMAO you actually took the time to make that for this thread wow! What a loser!

Pot calling kettle black.  Mack and a few others here have forgotten more about paintball than you'll ever learn.  The fact you won't (or can't) back up your statements only shows your ignorance.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 4:21pm

Paintball snipers dont have increased range im not using that argument. It is there style of play and markmanship that makes them a sniper. Hence if 2 individuals with these qualities encounter each other hence counter sniping.

So, using your logic, everybody is a paintball sniper.  LMFAO!!!! 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 4:25pm

sigh... Its amazing how fast opinion and bias can kill a decent analysis

LOL  Analysis?  What analysis?  "I'm right and I'm not going to explain why I'm right."  is an analysis?  Please, get real.  Put up or shut up.

ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

If you're going to argue that there are paintball snipers, then I'm going to argue that there's paintball SWAT teams, and paintball demolitions squads, and maybe even paintball medics.

And just out of curiosity, what part does a fake suppressor play in a "sniper" marker?

I want paintball Close Air Support!

Well then we'll just put a few people from your squad up in the trees with some Quadzilla markers, and we'll call them paintball CAS, and they could throw buckets of paint down on the enemy team, and that could be carpet bombing.

Edited by ThatGuitarGuy - 28 June 2008 at 7:12pm
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
Ghillie Monk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 8:30pm

Okay people this is from the dictionary.  Sniper, one who shoots an enemy from a long distance OR A CONCEALED POSITION!

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2008 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Ghillie Monk Ghillie Monk wrote:

Okay people this is from the dictionary.  Sniper, one who shoots an enemy from a long distance OR A CONCEALED POSITION!

Ooooh!  It's from a dictionary.  Therein lies the problem.  It is a generic layman's definition from a scholastic work.  Since woodsball is essentially a wargame perhaps a more appropriate definition would be one from a military source.  A more fitting definition would come from the same place that we derive much of our tactics and basic strategies (such as flanking, ambushing, cover and concealment) from.

Originally posted by Army Field Manual 23-10 Army Field Manual 23-10 wrote:

Introduction

The sniper has special abilities, training and equipment. His job is to deliver discriminatory highly accurate rifle fire against enemy targets, which cannot be engaged successfully by the rifleman because of range, size, location, fleeting nature, or visibility. Sniping requires the development of basic infantry skills to a high degree of perfection. A sniper's training incorporates a wide variety of subjects designed to increase his value as a force multiplier and to ensure his survival on the battlefield. The art of sniping requires learning and repetitiously practicing these skills until mastered. A sniper must be highly trained in long-range rifle marksmanship and field craft skills to ensure maximum effective engagements with minimum risk.

A short perusal of this shows several basic reasons why most experienced woodsball player's find the idea of paintball snipers to be so amusing:
  • Legally chronographed paintball markers all have essentially the same performance.  Yes, electro-pneumatics have a higher rate of fire than mechanical markers, but realistically this is an issue that relates more to the individual player's budget that it does to the existence of any special equipment
  • There are no markers that allow the so-called "paintball sniper" to deliver highly accurate fire against targets which can't be engaged successfully by other players.  While the Flatline and Apex both provide extra range the inherent inaccuracy of the projectile means that target engagement at the additional range is a matter of accuracy by volume relegating these barrels to effective usage against area rather than point targets.
  • While there are some very tactically effective paintball players on the field who are capable of engaging and causing maximum damage with minimum risk, they are still limited by the technology they employ.  Additionally, putting on a ghillie-suit, hiding in a bush and waiting for targets of opportunity has very little to do with mastering skills through repetition and practice or developing basic skills to a high degree of perfection.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 1:12am
Cypher5601 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 10:28am
LMFAO Stormy is so mad god i love it! Give me more!
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2008 at 10:55am

LMFAO Stormy is so mad god i love it! Give me more!

LOL

Troll. Mods Contacted.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic