Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marijuana Decriminalization Bill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
b1and View Drop Down
Guested 7/16 Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1and Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

I hope you feel a little less good the next time you get high. You may not be able to see the blood on your hands, but it is surely there.

Marijuana is not harmless.

Do not these problems arise due to the fact it's illegal?

Anyone can grow marijuana with some knowledge and a seed. It's a plant. There would be no violence associated with it if it were treated as just that.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 10:47am
Originally posted by b1and b1and wrote:

I hope you feel a little less good the next time you get high. You may not be able to see the blood on your hands, but it is surely there. Marijuana is not harmless.
Do not these problems arise due to the fact it's illegal?Anyone can grow marijuana with some knowledge and a seed. It's a plant. There would be no violence associated with it if it were treated as just that.

Untrue

Ever heard of a thing called coffee?
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 1:44pm

I hope you feel a little less good the next time you get high. You may not be able to see the blood on your hands, but it is surely there.

You know what? Next time you drink starbucks, think of the the farmers being raided for their coffee beans. If you wear shoes, think of the kids in sweat shops being beaten and working for pennies a day making them. Same thing goes for any shirts you wear also. Cars are the same way also. Harmless fruit is also like this, just think of the kids being forced, whipped, and barely paid to pick it. And if you drive a car, look at how much blood is shed to put oil in it. There's blood on a lot of stuff you don't see, and weed isn't the worst of it bud.

Edited by notXXscared - 24 June 2008 at 1:45pm

Previously DYE PLAYA
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

I hope you feel a little less good the next time you get high. You may not be able to see the blood on your hands, but it is surely there. Marijuana is not harmless.
Do not these problems arise due to the fact it's illegal?Anyone can grow marijuana with some knowledge and a seed. It's a plant. There would be no violence associated with it if it were treated as just that.

Untrue

He's talking about growing it yourself...

So your argument doesn't hold really in his scenario.

Edited by Benjichang - 24 June 2008 at 1:47pm
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Untrue

He's talking about growing it yourself...

So your argument doesn't hold really in his scenario.

Wait, you mean you don't grow your own coffee?
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 language strike, 10/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 2:53pm

You suck.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Untrue

He's talking about growing it yourself...So your argument doesn't hold really in his scenario.

Well... it was directed to his first sentence.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 4:04pm
I know a few of my local growers, really good people.
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 6:11pm

Over Here It Just Got Moved Up From A Class C To A Class B.

Now It Is Under The Same Classification As Amphetamines (Speed)

So  You Just Don't Get It Taken Off You, It's A Trip To

The Cop Shop And Court, And The Penaltys Are Much Stiffer.

Edited by Langside - 24 June 2008 at 6:16pm
b1and View Drop Down
Guested 7/16 Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1and Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 6:31pm
That Is What Happens When You Let People

Who Have No Idea How Marijuana Affects

The Body Decide The Classification Of It
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Then you say "I grow my own", but no one who smokes marijuana has not had any that came from Mexico at one time or another.

You're an idiot. And "blood on your hands" Yeah...when I smoke marijuana grown in bc, which is then handed to my dealer, then handed to me, I'm really supporting bloody conflict. Wait...no....there IS no conflict about it here.

Well... that's actually not true.

Much of BC's weed and other drugs come from crime orgainzations such as the hells angels. There is definately conflict there.

Mine sure doesn't. It comes from a friend of a friend in Victoria. Peaceful friendly operation all around.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Legalization > decriminalization.

This is true...Also, pain killers aren't addictive unless you abuse them. Narcotic, or not(especially non narcotic)

Moronic; statement is moronic.
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:50pm
Bah, this debate. Look, I want to see it legalized because it can help people, I mean really help some ill people. Sure, I dig the occasional puff and I'll take that as a bonus, why the hell not? The government KNOWS MJ can be a benefit and they prove it by allowing Marinol to be made. Of course it works like crap in comparison to the real thing, but look who's trying to get in the "game" eh? I feel bad for those patients that could use it more than I could, so for them, I'm gonna go burn one.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

This is true...Also, pain killers aren't addictive unless you abuse them. Narcotic, or not(especially non narcotic)

How is that moronic?

You don't get addicted unless you abuse.

Que pasa?

TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 5:43am
A bunch of ignorant children. Yes, dope grown in Canada does not contribute directly to violence in Mexico, but the vast majority of dope smoked in North America does come from Mexico. And let us not forget that Columbian and other South American dope finds it's way into North America via Mexico.

Coffee farmers may be being beaten and exploited, but they are not being decapitated in hospitals, nor are their entire families executed for resisting trafficking. More people were killed in marijuana related violence last week than have been killed in the coffee fields in the last, what? 20 years or so?

Whom exactly does dope help? Those poor souls who say they need to smoke it to treat pain from cancer or glaucoma? They never seem mention that the THC found in marijuana is available in pill form with a prescription, and that the pills are more effective than smoking.

I'm surprised no one has argued against marijuana's links to schizophrenia and other mental illnesses. Marijuana has been a great help to those people who have been affected.

Smoking dope doubles the risk of those who have no predisposition or genetic risk of schizophrenia for being affected. For the remaining 25% of us, smoking dope increases our likelihood of being affected from a fourfold to a tenfold factor, depending on the amount of genetic risk or predisposition.

Studies indicate that the smoking marijuana under the age of 18 can alter brain development significantly, having a lifetime effect. Other studies raise the age to 20. Adults for the most part can smoke marijuana with little to no risk.

On the other hand, how many people begin smoking dope (or cigarettes for that matter) as adults? Very few.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 7:48am
LOL MARY JANE!!!11!!!1!!!1!!ONE!!1!1!
b1and View Drop Down
Guested 7/16 Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b1and Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 8:40am

How is that moronic?

You don't get addicted unless you abuse.

Actually, pain killers consisting of opiates (Oxycontin, Oxycodeine, Hydrocodeine..) can become addictive even with normal recommended dosage.

Opiates are highly addictive.

And TRAVELER.. the international transport of dope to North America is a minute portion of the entire spectrum of marijuana sales and distribution. The point is, if there were a marijuana industry similar to todays tobacco industry, none of that would go on.
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:42pm
trav, no one here is denying the fact marijuana can be harmful to your
health in large dosages, we're just saying that things like tobacco and
alcohol do way more and worse damage and they're perfectly legal.
We're just trying to make a point at that, youre kind of going off the deep
end here...youre acting like marijuana is the equivalent of conflict
diamonds or something. I can tell you everyone I know and myself buy
locally, from a guy who grows just down the road, as I'm sure many
people on this forum do also. Not everyone plays into your "hells angel
blood drug" conspiracy theory.

Its just pot dude...smoke a bowl and chill out.

Edited by rockerdoode - 25 June 2008 at 2:58pm
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Tical2.0 View Drop Down
Guested 7/18 Sexually explicit post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical2.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 2:50pm
All I do is smoke weed everyday everyday. Lol
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 8:40pm

How is that moronic?You don't get addicted unless you abuse.

I know plenty of people who became addicted to prescription painkillers from a perfectly legitimate use of them.
Is taking Vicoden the way a doctor tells you to considered "abuse" now?

Then there are always the people that have genetic predispositions to addiction, and become quite easily addicted to substances, even if they begin by using them in moderation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic