Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marijuana Decriminalization Bill

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
1 language strike, 10/15

Joined: 10 January 2004
Location: RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Status: Offline
Points: 8556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by b1and b1and wrote:

I'm high right now.
Back to Top
l3uLL3t View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 June 2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 49
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l3uLL3t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Originally posted by b1and b1and wrote:

I'm high right now.

im high as gas prices
Back to Top
hoginds24 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
who’s the ph00l now?!?!?!

Joined: 23 February 2003
Location: Tiny
Status: Offline
Points: 1872
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoginds24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by l3uLL3t l3uLL3t wrote:


Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:


Originally posted by b1and b1and wrote:

I'm high right now.
im high as gas prices


Thanks weezy.

As for the overdose I remember my friend telling me you needed to smoke somewhere areound 7lbs of pot to have a leathal dose of THC.
Back to Top
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Joined: 10 November 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 7908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that alcohol is terribly bad for me, but I'm ok with that.


Shall we begin the "Why alcohol isn't as bad as marijuana" debate again?

Gah, time to find the old post so we can all use the same, overused arguments again.

Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Yeah, I've come to terms with the fact that alcohol is terribly bad for me, but I'm ok with that.


Shall we begin the "Why alcohol isn't as bad as marijuana" debate again?

Gah, time to find the old post so we can all use the same, overused arguments again.


Theres really no debate. Alcohol is far more harmful, it's just legal. Linus, I KNOW you never admit when you're wrong, so I won't even bother debating it with you, but do some research, with up to date facts. Other than that, theres nothing I can really say
Back to Top
pb125 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
1 language strike, 10/15

Joined: 10 January 2004
Location: RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Status: Offline
Points: 8556
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:53pm
Weed should have never been illegal in the first place. Simple as that.
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by pb125 pb125 wrote:

Weed should have never been illegal in the first place. Simple as that.


Since it was financial/ racial reasons, I fully agree. It had/ has nothing to do with health.
Back to Top
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Joined: 20 June 2002
Location: GNV FLA
Status: Offline
Points: 11696
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

    There are 75,000 or so alcohol related deaths in
the US alone every year.


As apathetic as I am to either side of this argument, this not a good
argument basis unless you can prove a similar number of alcohol users to
marijuana users.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.




Back to Top
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Fire in the disco

Joined: 12 March 2003
Location: 127.0.0.1
Status: Offline
Points: 14179
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 6:59pm
/thread

And lulz at no dealers in whitehorse.
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

/threadAnd lulz at no dealers in whitehorse.


There are, but I either don't know them, or they're sketchy a-holes.
Back to Top
DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 586
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:13pm
I don't think the American public will ever accept the legalization of marijuana, unfortunately. 

They've made Salvia Divinorum illegal in multiple states, including my very liberal state of Illinois.  Their reasoning?  ONE kid jumped out of a window and killed himself.  Was he high on Salvia?  No, but according to his journal, he experimented with it.  The government simply brainwashes Americans into thinking that anything that makes them feel funny is horrendous.


Back to Top
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Joined: 08 April 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 11259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:22pm
Two big reasons why I think it could be criminalized:

1) Money: legalizing it would allow you to tax it. This would bring in a crapload of money. Also, less would be spent for police to bust some kids for a tiny amount when they could be off fighting real crime.

2)It would cease to be a gateway drug. Pot is a gateway drug whenether you will admit it or not. Explanation:

When you go to a dealer for marijuana, you are breaking the law. A lot of people would figure that since they are breaking the law allready, what's the harm of trying something new? Basically the spread to bigger drugs based on exposure.

However, if you could buy it at a local store, you wouldn't be at an illegal dealer and would not be exposed to bigger drugs.

Just what I think anyways.

Why it shouldn't:

1) It does ruin families in the same way as alcohol does. My family has been having some huge problems since my little brother starting doing drugs last year. He has developed some huge problems and has started to break up our closeness. He also had a 40% average this semester. Definatelty not saying that it allies to everyone. But it's like alcohol: some people should just never drink.


I would also like to add that the age to smoke pot should be the same as the drinking age. And smoking and driving should carry the same sentence as drinking and driving.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:59pm
Pot isn't a gateway drug....They just say that because it is the easiest to get and the first one people try.

If you're going to try harder drugs it's going to happen with or without marijuana.

How does marijuana ruin families? Smack your brother in the head and make him smarten up. I know people with 3.5 GPA's that smoke.
Que pasa?


Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:02pm
How is marijuana a gateway drug, but alcohol isn't?

The only difference is legality, which once again...becomes a moot point.

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I know people with 3.5 GPA's that smoke.


3.2 and I smoked almost daily. That went UP from when I didn't smoke. I know it has nothing to do with weed, I'm just saying it certainly didn't make it worse.

Edited by choopie911 - 22 June 2008 at 9:03pm
Back to Top
rockerdoode View Drop Down
Member
Member

one strike, flaming 7/15

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 76
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Originally posted by rockerdoode rockerdoode wrote:

Same. I realize it effs me up. But I still do it. So...you know.

I do believe alcohol is worse for your body than marijuana. We could always slam that one down their throat.


It's worse for the liver, but at the same time(in moderation) can be beneficial; Ie 1-2 servings of red wine help the heart/cholesterol.  While mj may be good for pain relief, to say that alcohol is "worse" for your body is wrong.  Both in over-use will render the person unconcious, though alcohol CAN be worse.  Still, you have to drink insane amounts of alcohol for that to happen, so you don't exactly have enough to "slam down their throat."


Sorry dude, but I'm not talking about wine when I say alcohol. I'm talking about beer and liquor. You and I both know I'm right when it comes to this, and you also knew what type of alcohol I was talking about. So anyway, please tell me how marijuana is more dangerous, and harmful to your body than liquor. I'm looking forward to seeing your argument.

(I'm not trying to be rude cause I actually think you're a cool guy, so don't take anything personally)
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:



Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I know people with 3.5 GPA's that smoke.


3.2 and I smoked almost daily. That went UP from when I didn't smoke. I know it has nothing to do with weed, I'm just saying it certainly didn't make it worse.


Yeah, that's my point. It doesn't change a damn thing.

Hell, my GPA is like 2.7 and I have never smoked a day in my life.
Que pasa?


Back to Top
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Joined: 08 April 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 11259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Pot isn't a gateway drug....They just say that because it is the easiest to get and the first one people try.If you're going to try harder drugs it's going to happen with or without marijuana.How does marijuana ruin families? Smack your brother in the head and make him smarten up. I know people with 3.5 GPA's that smoke.


Probably not actually. I bet most of people doing hard drugs wouldn't have started without pot.

My brother is obviously an idiot. I beleive I said that only some people get hit hard by it but it's the same as alcohol isin't it?

And it does ruin families in the same way alcohol does.

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

How is marijuana a gateway drug, but alcohol isn't?

The only difference is legality, which once again...becomes a moot point.


Alcohol isin't because of legality. Not really a moot point because it is the point.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Back to Top
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Commie Canuck

Joined: 01 June 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 30745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Pot isn't a gateway drug....They just say that because it is the easiest to get and the first one people try.If you're going to try harder drugs it's going to happen with or without marijuana.How does marijuana ruin families? Smack your brother in the head and make him smarten up. I know people with 3.5 GPA's that smoke.


Probably not actually. I bet most of people doing hard drugs wouldn't have started without pot.

And how many people that smoke pot started with alcohol? I'm willing to bet almost all of them. I know I sure did. You're yet to explain how it's not a gateway drug.

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

How is marijuana a gateway drug, but alcohol isn't?

The only difference is legality, which once again...becomes a moot point.


Alcohol isin't because of legality. Not really a moot point because it is the point.


So a drug isn't a drug if it's legal?
Back to Top
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Joined: 08 April 2006
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 11259
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 10:27pm
When did I say that?

If alcohol was illegal, but weed wasn't, I'd be making the exact same point.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Back to Top
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Official Box Hoister

Joined: 28 June 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 9201
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 10:33pm
You fail....would you die?

Oh and for the record, even the anti-drug people gave up on that gateway drug nonsense.


Edited by jmac3 - 22 June 2008 at 10:34pm
Que pasa?


Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.