FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drunk Driving Lesson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
back from the dead like Tupac

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

The "dead" then spend the night at a hotel isolated from friends and family before returning the next day

If I was one of the dead. I would get hammered drunk at the hotel.

and for good measure I would reappear at the school by driving in...drunk.
AfricanAmerican View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfricanAmerican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:05pm
That school is 5 minutes away from me
Do it again, and you're banned.
Enmity View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enmity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 10:51pm
My school does a 'mock crash' every year where they set up a crash, have helicopter land and 'rescue' the injured, then later the kids come in with painted faces to resemble them dead. Lehigh valley is about 15 minutes from me. But what they did was out of line in my eyes, although I do agree it would be a lesson that sticks in their head.
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 11:04pm

they did this at my sisters school in hwich she was one of the dead people, they went as far as putting make-up and what not, staged a scene and EVERYTHING, even calling in the parents when she was taken to the hospital, the same shock and aw probably would hvae happened but the students knew about it before it happened luckily. Even though they told the students, many were still crying when they saw my sister, it was pretty strange seeing her "dead" and cut up and stuff, pretty crazy but saves lives definetly

paintball437085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2008 at 11:23pm
i wish that would happen here
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:30am
I don't see how it saves lives. Example

" Little johnny has ten beers. So his state of mind is gone. Then little lucy ask for a ride home. He knows he can score."

The whole white makeup thing goes out the window.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 2:04am
When I was in high school, they staged a mock crash every year, but they never used students as participants...it ended up being the whole student body standing in the street watching the local fire department cut the roof off a wrecked car with the jaws of life, wondering what was for lunch.

I think the stunt was a good idea, something to at least make people thing a little bit.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 9:37am
I think it might be more effective if they just taught people not to be retarded in the first place. Drunk driving is only problem because we fail to teach people to make good decisions in the first place.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:47am
Pretty stupid, IMO.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Drunk driving is pretty stupid, IMO.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:03pm
I wasn't supporting drunk driving....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:04pm
I didn't say you where...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:10pm
*Were

Then what was your point? I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that drunk driving is stupid, dangerous, and inexcusable really. I think that this method is a bit over the top, however, and probably isn't going to prevent anyone from driving drunk, especially with high school kids being high school kids.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:13pm
I was just pointing out my extreme dislike for drunk drivers.

And I agree, this isnt gonna stop anyone from drunk driving.
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by DaveEllis DaveEllis wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

The "dead" then spend the night at a hotel isolated from friends and family before returning the next day

If I was one of the dead. I would get hammered drunk at the hotel.

and for good measure I would reappear at the school by driving in...drunk.
and "making" your own enterance.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Enmity Enmity wrote:

My school does a 'mock crash' every year where they set up a crash, have helicopter land and 'rescue' the injured, then later the kids come in with painted faces to resemble them dead. Lehigh valley is about 15 minutes from me. But what they did was out of line in my eyes, although I do agree it would be a lesson that sticks in their head.

It is a good way to teach someone a lesson, but in my Honest opinion this is """Flipping""" have to make sure I dont cuss... Flipping Retarded, I have never heard of a "Government" or school program like this...

If a cop came in and told the whole class someone died and it happend to be your friend, how the hell would you act? I would probably leave the room damn near breadking down.. This is rediculious...

This has me really upset... SHow a Slideshow of Dead people Mangled Bodies People with their heads Ripped off show the Old black and white footage of the wrecks we had in the 50's "Warm Leather" I believe is the name of one of the worst ones..Show stuff like that, Not play a prank on some of the students, Drasticly shifting a teens emotions  like that is just not right... 

I can see my self freaking out when being told it is a prank and just flipping, I would of probably been arrested by the cop for cussing him out "You think telling people their friend is dead is a good PRANK? You think its a joke or something you can use to help us to stay away from drunk driving? you need to RETHINK your plan... to tell me I will never see one of my closest friends for the rest of my life.... I would flip... too much would be going through my head when he told me it was a prank for me to just...take a sigh of relief...

I guess it works, but showing people and familys that have actually died in crashes is just as effective... telling someone their friend is DEAD is quite another... maybe someone telling me a friend has died effects me differently...
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 10:24pm
The fake-out thing is more than a little far, some kid with a heart condition might keel over. Slide shows and videos are grim enough, the ones they showed in drivers ed with the people screaming in agony as they died and burnt baby corpses were pretty bad.

Last I knew if you needed a helicopter ride to the hospital it cost you about $15k, but some schools are willing to pay for the copter and tie it up for several hours? That's retarded.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2008 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

they did this at my sisters school in hwich she was one of the dead people, they went as far as putting make-up and what not, staged a scene and EVERYTHING, even calling in the parents when she was taken to the hospital, the same shock and aw probably would hvae happened but the students knew about it before it happened luckily. Even though they told the students, many were still crying when they saw my sister, it was pretty strange seeing her "dead" and cut up and stuff, pretty crazy but saves lives definetly

if i was a parent and heard that my kid went to the hospital, not knowing it was staged and then found out it was all a hoax, i would go to jail for murder. hands down.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic