Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On/Off Switch on e-grip Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wikked1.8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wikked1.8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On/Off Switch on e-grip Alpha Black
    Posted: 18 June 2008 at 2:39pm

So there has to be a better way to turn on and off and switch through modes on the E-grip equipped Alpha Black.  I mean the little hole is a pain to get to unless you are going to take out the little allen wrench out of the magazine everytime you want to change through a mode.  Also, what if you havent shot and are walking around and then you try to shoot at someone only to find out that you waited too long to shoot and the e-grip turned off due to it not being used for a bit, since its a bettery saving feature of the gun. 

Has anyone thought of something they can place in the hole that can stay in there flush enough to be able to push it without having to get a small object to do it?

Edited by wikked1.8 - 18 June 2008 at 2:40pm
im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:04pm

try the 4th ramping mode, its pretty sweet. u can get a combination of all the firing modes with that one, without pushing the button to cycle thru the modes.  i think the etrigger shuts off after about 90 minutes of idle time. i THINK.

try it out

98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 6:55pm
That must be a pretty boring game if it takes so long your gun turns off. I
didnt know it was 90 minutes, I was thinking 20.

Either way... I'd be shooting leaves, bugs, my own foot if a game took
that long.

And why are you changing modes so often? There's no real need.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:20pm
90 minutes of idle time for it to shut off.  or supress the button and it shuts off immediately
98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:50pm
I believe someone on the 98 org site did a mod like that, attached a small...thing in the handle they could use to press the button. Seeing as how Tippmann decided to put the button there instead of making it out the back you just have to deal with it unfortunately. I dont remember exactly where it was, so you'd have to search around a bit. I do know that it took some milling of the gun to get it installed.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic