Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drifting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 7:54pm
Yeah, Nascar sucks. LEFT TURN!!!! LEFT TURN!!!!

See, I like it where each car has its own "identity". To me, NASCAR cars
are all the same.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:09pm
so much hatin' going on in this forum.

Tokyo Drift was a nice novelty of a movie, and the Fast and Furious movies are enjoyable if you take them with a grain of salt.

NASCAR, few people find it interesting.
Formula 1- So intense, my personal favorite
Drifting- you have to give credit to the drivers, because it's no walk in the park
Drag- if you've ever been to a drag race, you'll fall in love with it.  Nothing beats that smell, or being able to feel the top fuel cars in your chest when they take off
Rally- More interesting to watch, along with LeMans
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Strike 1-inappropriate image

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Don't crash your dads chevelle. 

Dont you have a Toyota Cavalier to put Japanese Domestic Parts in? I still don't understand why you'd put domestic parts in... Just buy a new car? / Stop trying to rice out a car that doesn't help it in any way aside from make you look stupid.

Also, Drag racing is a bit like sprinting for me, You have to be able to guess when the timer is going to hit green. [I realize you can see it!] Its the ability to time the pedal with the timer in addition to the shifting.. I'm not sure but they have automatic transmissions on the higher end cars because they need to shift faster than a person can do it, hence electronic assistance?

Insert Fail Here
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:20pm

Originally posted by +DreX+ +DreX+ wrote:

Dont you have a Toyota Cavalier to put Japanese Domestic Parts in? I still don't understand why you'd put domestic parts in... Just buy a new car? / Stop trying to rice out a car that doesn't help it in any way aside from make you look stupid.

i have 6 cars. i love the j body cuz its sompthing you dont normaly see moded. why do you even care? if i want to get JDM parts for it i will. nothing you say will stop me.

PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:28pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, drifting.
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

i have 6 cars. i love the j body cuz its sompthing you dont normaly see moded. why do you even care? if i want to get JDM parts for it i will. nothing you say will stop me.

You have a Chevelle but wish to put JDM Parts in your Chevy Cavalier? Why, You might have one of the special Toyota made ones?
I drive a Ford Escape, Perhaps I should get JDM Mazda parts! They'll make my car look.... the same?
Insert Fail Here
ammolord View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:39pm
wow your a freekin idiot.  i honestly dont think you have a damn clue what your talking about.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 8:56pm

wow your a freekin idiot.  i honestly dont think you have a damn clue what your talking about.

Be that as it may, at least some people how to formulate sentences correctly.
Insert Fail Here
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:06pm
Rally, F1, and some endurance (Le Mans, 24 Hours of Nurburgring, etc.) are my favourite forms of motorsport. Though I don't really like any other kinds. Drag is OK I s'pose, but its just too car-centered. Sure theres skill in the driving, but only for a split second. Theres no driving lines to think about, no pitting time. I'm sure it must be amazing to participate in, but to watch, I just don't see the point.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:07pm

If you're referring to yourself, this may not have been the best thing for you to say...
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

+DreX+ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote +DreX+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

If you're referring to yourself, this may not have been the best thing for you to say...

I am not.
Insert Fail Here
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:41pm
Rally pwns all, and I would say takes the most skill behind F1.
Gator Taco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gator Taco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:43pm
I agree, Rally kicks ass.
notXXscared View Drop Down

Strike 1, 8-21 Language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notXXscared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Werd. Rally is intense.

Previously DYE PLAYA
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by notXXscared notXXscared wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Werd. Rally is intense.

Sorry, you aren't man enough to watch rally. Go back to the OC.
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 10:39pm
I only like drag when watching Pinks. Otherwise it gets boring without all the things breaking down and the fighting between the 2 teams. Drifting is nice to watch because it takes skill and not everyone realizes how hard it can be with the angles that people create. Rally is the best because it has a bit of everything. They drift, the jump, they take turns, they go fast in straight aways.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 11:28pm
You're all neglecting the manliest racing class:

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 11:38pm

Also, Drag racing is a bit like sprinting for me, You have to be able to guess when the timer is going to hit green. [I realize you can see it!] Its the ability to time the pedal with the timer in addition to the shifting.. I'm not sure but they have automatic transmissions on the higher end cars because they need to shift faster than a person can do it, hence electronic assistance?

Please don't quote me.
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:05am
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 12:13am
Actually, I must give it this: Nascar takes a TON of teamwork.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic