Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ACT Warranty expiration

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Wojofoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojofoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACT Warranty expiration
    Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:16pm
Would an ACT custom pro still be under warranty?
Anyone know, I'd like to get mine fixed if possible

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:19pm
When did you buy it?

You most likely won't need to send it in for repair, the people here can usually help you fix your problem easily.  Whats the issue?

EDIT: Also, if you need a part replaced (which we can probably determine), usually Tippmann will replace it without issue.  They're pretty good about that.

Edited by Yomillio - 11 June 2008 at 7:20pm
Wojofoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojofoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:50pm
I bought it off ebay, but all tippmanns have a year warranty and they said they would fix it for free if that was under warranty. So has ACT been out for a year?

So i was asking if it is under warranty to determine whether it is worth it to send it in.

It has many small problems like leaks:
Missing front bolt o-ring
It leaks at the vertical adapter after replacing vertical adapter
It leaks at the micro line cause its a little short (yes they said they would fix this)
One of the body screws doesn't stay completely in (one above trigger guard)
Pop came from ASA after using CO2 for the first time (not sure if this affected anything)
I basically just want to get the whole gun checked and ready for up-coming summer
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 11:24pm

Pop? I leaked soda?    I'm guessing you mean it made a pop noise, which would mean you unscrewed the tank too fast. When unscrewing a tank from an ASA you have to do it very slowly, otherwise the pressure causes that pop noise. That was why I got an on/off on my gun.

The screw above the guard not staying in is likely a stripped nut/screw. you can get those from Tippmannparts.com or use ones from hardware stores.

The O-ring you could easily replace as well, either from the same site or any local store (which would also likely give you a free one if that was the only one you needed)

Leaking at the vertical adapter could probably be solved by using a little Loctite on it and screwing it back in (BLUE loctite!!!)

As for the Macro line if the hose is too short you can also just get another one of those, or get a steel braided hose.

Tippmann likely would fix the gun for you for free, but you'd have to pay for the shipping. If you call thier support line they might just send you the o-ring and nut/bolt that you need and you can get the rest done locally.

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Wojofoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojofoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 11:38pm
I do unscrew slowly, and I do have an on/off
Funny thing about it, was the tank was completely unscrewed and off, and I was screwing the on/off knob back on so I could put it away, it it popped... was quite weird I must admit

And for the bolt, its not the bolt cause I tried the others, Its the actually body half itself =//
Wojofoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojofoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 11:41pm
Does anyone know about the warranty? 
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 6:05am
Unless you know the date of when it was purchased, chances are warranty is gone.  However, Tippmann does have excellent customer service and may be willing to either still have you send it in or send you the parts you need.
Ben Dover II View Drop Down
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Dover II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:13am

You could also take it to your local paintball store. That is what i did when my gun had problems and they fixed it up for free. Maby they will fix yours up for free.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Ben Dover II Ben Dover II wrote:

You could also take it to your local paintball store. That is what i did when my gun had problems and they fixed it up for free. Maby they will fix yours up for free.

If you end up doing this, keep in mind the shop could also rip you too.  Ask before you give anything to them.
im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im_new Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 2:01pm
call tippmann give them the serial number, they'll tell u if its still under warranty
98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 8:44am

Originally posted by Wojofoo Wojofoo wrote:

And for the bolt, its not the bolt cause I tried the others, Its the actually body half itself =//

There are no threads on the body. If you look at the right side of the receiver, there is a nut positioned into the receiver. If you tried different bolts and they didnt work, the nut is most likely stripped.

As for being under warranty, most likely not. ACT has been out for well over a year, but if you call and give the serial number Tippmann can probably determine how old and if it is still covered. They have an excellent customer service. Also, if you look online, they have a list of "certified" techs that will fix it for you if you don't want to. However, unless it is warrantied, be prepared to pay for their time. Fixing the problems yourself though, will give you a better understanding of the marker and may encourage you to maintain it properly.

I realize everyones aim to save, money, but what is with the attitude of getting everything for free? If someone spends their time to fix the problems, they deserve to get paid.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I realize everyones aim to save, money, but what is with the attitude of getting everything for free? If someone spends their time to fix the problems, they deserve to get paid.

If they're willing to give me free service, they'll consistently get my business anyways.  Thats the mentality behind it.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 1:09pm

Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

If they're willing to give me free service, they'll consistently get my business anyways.  Thats the mentality behind it.

Perhaps this is the problem with society today. Always after something for nothing. Not picking a fight, but if they give you good service at a FAIR price, wouldn't you still frequent them? Why should anyone have to fix a marker that was purchased from Ebay for free? So not only did they not make any money on the sale of the marker, now they are expected to spend their time and money fixing the marker for nothing? By that mentality, I guess all employees should give a percentage of their work week for free. That way if they do a good job, their employers will continue to employ them?

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 1:27pm

Perhaps this is the problem with society today. Always after something for nothing. Not picking a fight, but if they give you good service at a FAIR price, wouldn't you still frequent them? Why should anyone have to fix a marker that was purchased from Ebay for free? So not only did they not make any money on the sale of the marker, now they are expected to spend their time and money fixing the marker for nothing? By that mentality, I guess all employees should give a percentage of their work week for free. That way if they do a good job, their employers will continue to employ them?

If such as empolyee is an asset to your company, you keep him.  You require what he does, and are willing to pay extra to do so.

If an employee is replaceable, that probably means they don't do their job well or ask too much.  If this is the case, you drop them and get someone else who can probably do the same job at the same rate.

Now, apply this logic.  If I was the consumer (ie, the employer) and I have found a tech that goes the extra mile, I'll leave him a tip when hes done and chances are I'll keep going to him for a while.

Now, if I was the consumer and my local tech just does what required, I probably won't go out of my own way to pay him just like he won't go out of his way to take care of me.  There are plenty of other people who I could have fix it at a better rate (or, in this case, most likely free) and do a better job.

Techs have to be competative.  It is a very replaceable job to those who need their markers worked on.  If it means you do your services for free to make sure your shop gets their business, you do it.

Anyways, the majority of the time a tech works on your gun for free, there are a couple reasons.  One of which, and pretty commonly, the tech is a member of a team that frequents the shop.  In return for helping them out, chances are his team is getting a small time sponsorship from the field with discounted parts, entry, and or paint.  Either that, or they're a store employee getting an hourly wage anyways.  Its more fun to be sitting there working on a marker than milling around the fields and crap.

The shop wants you to give them your business because for them, it means more paint sold and it makes them look good for doing so.  It is probably better business for them to do it for free than charge the player for it.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 1:47pm

If such as empolyee is an asset to your company, you keep him.  You require what he does, and are willing to pay extra to do so.

But you don't expect him to work extra hours for free typically in an order position.

If an employee is replaceable, that probably means they don't do their job well or ask too much.  If this is the case, you drop them and get someone else who can probably do the same job at the same rate.

You still pay them for the hours they worked. You don't prorate their pay because you don't think they worked enough to earn their pay.

Now, apply this logic.  If I was the consumer (ie, the employer) and I have found a tech that goes the extra mile, I'll leave him a tip when hes done and chances are I'll keep going to him for a while.

You still should pay him for the time spent working on your marker. Exception being, they are being paid to staff a tech tent and to specifically offer free fixes as part of a promo. I.E. Tippmann tent at a large event. This is TOTALLY different scenario (pun intended) than taking your marker to a shop and EXPECTING them to do free work on a marker they didn't sell you.

Now, if I was the consumer and my local tech just does what required, I probably won't go out of my own way to pay him just like he won't go out of his way to take care of me.  There are plenty of other people who I could have fix it at a better rate (or, in this case, most likely free) and do a better job.

He performed work, why wouldnt you pay him? Why should he have to give you something for free in order to get your business? And what business? If you expect him to work for free, he might as well stay home.

Techs have to be competative.  It is a very replaceable job to those who need their markers worked on.  If it means you do your services for free to make sure your shop gets their business, you do it.

If my employees were fixing things for free and I was paying him, he wouldn't have a job for very long.

Anyways, the majority of the time a tech works on your gun for free, there are a couple reasons.  One of which, and pretty commonly, the tech is a member of a team that frequents the shop.  In return for helping them out, chances are his team is getting a small time sponsorship from the field with discounted parts, entry, and or paint.  Either that, or they're a store employee getting an hourly wage anyways.  Its more fun to be sitting there working on a marker than milling around the fields and crap.

Totally different situation than what is proposed here.

The shop wants you to give them your business because for them, it means more paint sold and it makes them look good for doing so.  It is probably better business for them to do it for free than charge the player for it.

If that is the case, great. But more than likely not. In mose instances I would imagine people get their markers fixed, MAYBE say thanks and truck on down the road to the closest Wal-mart and buy their paint on the way to a renegade field.

Now, with this being said, I am not talking about the occassional "free fix" for a good returning customer. If I owned a shop and someone that I know spent money with me on a regular basis came in and had a 5 minute fix, sure comp it out. However, as with the example given and someone brought their Ebay find in and expected me to work on it for free would most likely be shown the door.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 13 June 2008 at 1:49pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 2:17pm
Wow, I had another fairly long thing typed out and I must've clicked outside the textbox and then hit backspace.  Now my nice post = gone, so I'll give you the 'best of' version.

In short, we agree to disagree.  As a tech, I expect some sort of BUSINESS (big letters for emphasis.  Its a neat trick).  If you walk into my shop intending to play at my field or purchase from my shop, you are giving me business.  I don't need more from you.  On the other hand, if you come into my shop and don't intend on playing or purchasing, I still expect your business.  To do this, I will charge.

Also, my point above about techs getting sponsored or getting an hourly wage etc. that you dismissed was to say this:  As a customer, I don't feel bad walking into a situation like this without intending to pay for their services.  We are giving them work, which makes them look good for the shop.  This will help them with their sponsorship deal.  Now, if they're getting paid to sit there all day working on customers markers or tending to the shop's rentals and stuff, again I will expect them to do it for free because it is their job to work on markers all day.  If they do a good job, I will be more than happy to leave them a good sized tip, but its just that - a tip.  Not a payment.  If they do a mediocre job on my marker, I will not leave a tip.  They are being paid anyways, and the job wasn't enough to make me cough up some money for 'em.

Long story short: As a tech, I want business.  If I'm getting paid or a deal from the shop, I won't expect payment.  I'm already getting my end of the deal.

As a shop manager/head tech, I also want my shop to have your business.  If you are playing on my fields and buying from my store, I already have your business.  I'm a happy camper.  If you aren't, then I don't have your business.  I will get it by charging you.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 2:42pm

We are close to an agreement.

If we are talking about a tech at a field being provided as a courtesy and being paid a sponsorship, I.E. Tippmann tent etc. that is one thing. Even then, I would offer to pay and if they say, it's on the house, cool. But I would still need to be prepared to pay.

Overall, I am simply soapboxing about the general sense of entitlement that seems to be very pervasive in todays society. I would no more walk into a paintball shop and expect them to do multiple repairs on my ebay find than I would taking my 3 year old out of warranty car into a dealership that I bought from an individual and expect them to fix any scratches and dents for free.

It used to be that people sometimes expected a little something after years of patronage. Now they expect to be given a bunch of swag before even spending dollar one. The funny part of all of this is, if the person would have bought the marker, even used, from a brick and mortar shop, it would have been fixed and in perfect working order to begin with.

Anyways, I am down from the box and off to find out where my new stock is that I ordered with Free shipping.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 2:55pm
I can agree with that
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 4:35pm

I don't know how it works with paintball markers, but I have to assume that the warranty is not transferable if the marker was used.  When I purchased my A-5 off Ebay, it came with a warranty card that I filled out and mailed to Tippmann.  If your marker didn't come with a warranty card that you could send in, I would have to assume regardless of the age of the marker that the warranty is now void.  Not to worry.  Tippmann service is very reasonable.  All I had to pay on any of my markers was shipping and parts.  Labor was free.  Whether or not that is the case now I do not know for sure.

Wojofoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojofoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 1:56am
Good news, my marker still has a few months of warranty left. Just checked with them today =]
Now the question is how much will they fix and all that
I was looking to get a palmers stabilizer, but I was looking for a deal instead of a 70 dollar purchase and a wasted expansion chamber
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic