FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is why we’re boned....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is why we’re boned....
    Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:51pm

Political squabbles

Will sink us all

Basically, Democrats won't let the Republicans drill for new Oil, and the Republicans won't let the Democrats tax oil companies to induce heightened imports.

I don't give a rat's hind end what your political views are, both sides are equally moronic in this whole thing. While they bicker over saving the caribou or saving profits, you and I get to sell kidneys to put gas in our cars.

The fun part is, there's no end in sight.

I don't know what my point is, I guess I'm just a little annoyed over the system being designed to fail at our expense.

/angsty political gripe.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 12:54pm
We should drill off shore on those oil fields that other countries are just taking away from us. Why should we just sit back and watch other countries take our oil and then get charged up the butt to buy some.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 1:01pm
Lets just take over the world and be done with it already.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 1:09pm
we need to get the job of the US economy out of the hands of the gobment and polititions and into the privet sector...

FAR to much corruption and bull crap to deal with in the government to actually fix anything

on a side note. i think sooner or later we should just all go out and park our cars in the middle of the street. bring a grille and a cooler and just shut down for a day...

Edited by merc - 10 June 2008 at 1:10pm
saving the world, one warship at a time.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 2:02pm
All we need to do is bomb all the refineries in the world, with the exception of our own.

And make sure it stays that way, similar to nukes.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:20pm
The Fed needs to raise interest rates from the basement to give the dollar some value as well. Investors will start leaving oil when the dollar is more solid. 

Benny go home!
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:23pm
Lets not forget the idiotic cap and trade policy that both McCain and Obama are for. I really don't get these morons. How hard is it to understand, the US should drill for its own oil. The US needs nuclear power. We have tons of coal, and shale. We can be energy independent, we can get the economy back on track, what we need is someone who will take a stand and go after this. However we are stuck with dumb and dumber running for president.        &n bsp;   
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:29pm
Taxing oil companies will do absolutely nothing the lower gas/oil prices. They will do what every corporation does and pass it on to the consumer. Americans need to wake up and look up the meaning of "moderation". Smaller houses, smaller cars and stop expecting to be able to go and buy something that costs $1.00 to build for $.20 at WallyWorld. What we need to boycott is excess.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Taxing oil companies will do absolutely nothing the lower gas/oil prices. They will do what every corporation does and pass it on to the consumer. Americans need to wake up and look up the meaning of "moderation". Smaller houses, smaller cars and stop expecting to be able to go and buy something that costs $1.00 to build for $.20 at WallyWorld. What we need to boycott is excess.

And how do we start? Do you want to be the guy who tells everyone that they can't buy an SUV anymore? or that the house of their dreams isn't practical and they should settle elsewhere? It seems to me that would negate the entire point of what we're trying to do.

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

There should be no need to moderate when we have the capability of being almost energy independent. We have tons of coal, and from what I understand there is ways of converting that into liquid fuel. We also have huge areas off the East Coast that can support large wind farms. Of course we also have lots of oil on our own land. There is no need for anyone to tell me I have to drive around in a sub-compact death trap when there is so much un-tapped potential IN our country. If the politicians weren't on big oil's paycheck maybe we wouldn't have such a big problem. There is no way that we can't make alternative fuel(s) when we can land unmanned probes to drill on Mars and everything else we have done.

Edited by fractus.scud - 10 June 2008 at 4:46pm

Benny go home!
paintball437085 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball437085 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:45pm
our we could all buy hybrids, hydrogen fuel cells cars
psn=Xx_DY3_xX
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:47pm
Because I am an elitist and dont mind paying exuberant amounts of money for gas and the other products this effects, I am quite happy with the current gas price situation.

Those who cant afford it, can walk.

Edited by Hades - 10 June 2008 at 4:48pm

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 4:50pm
This thread makes my intelligence gland inflamed.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Savage93fvss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savage93fvss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:13pm

I just read somewhere in my local a guy in my area took a pickle jar and put  a 2" peice of metal fence post on the outside of a 1 1/2" peice of the same in the jar full of water, and somehow charged it and ran a tube from the jar to the injectors. It breaks the water down and the hydrogen goes in the cylinders. His crown vic gets 55 mpg now. But it looked really simple. 

XtremeBordom View Drop Down
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XtremeBordom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by paintball437085 paintball437085 wrote:

our we could all buy hybrids, hydrogen fuel cells cars

Thats what they want you to do.... Al Gore has invested heavily in the car companies that produce these cars. He also is pressing on higher gas prices so in turn we would buy the expensive hybrids and in turn he gets a hell of alot of money.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:58pm
Rather than look for new places to drill for oil, I think more effort needs to be placed in developing alternate energy sources
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Rather than look for new places to drill for oil, I think more effort needs to be placed in developing alternate energy sources

The problem with that is, the oil companies will buy the released technology immediately, and sit on it to preserve their profits. I wouldn't be too surprised if that's happening now.

I can't really substantiate this claim, but it would make sense from a tycoon's point of view.

My theory, and there are many holes in it, but it makes me feel better to think that I have an idea.....is to put a price cap on gasoline. Then, when they pitch a huge fit over the loss of profits from rising oil costs, tell the oil companies that every dime they make from backing and marketing alternative fuel sources, they can keep, with a fraction of the taxation they're getting on the profits from gasoline.

Someone, somewhere is going to have to be bought out for this to break. Everyone in a seat of control is making too much money to feel for the common folk.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 10 June 2008 at 6:24pm

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 6:32pm
Either way, it still sucks for everyone in the short-term I guess. 
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

The problem with that is, the oil companies will buy the released technology immediately, and sit on it to preserve their profits. I wouldn't be too surprised if that's happening now.

I can't really substantiate this claim, but it would make sense from a tycoon's point of view.

My theory, and there are many holes in it, but it makes me feel better to think that I have an idea.....is to put a price cap on gasoline. Then, when they pitch a huge fit over the loss of profits from rising oil costs, tell the oil companies that every dime they make from backing and marketing alternative fuel sources, they can keep, with a fraction of the taxation they're getting on the profits from gasoline.

Someone, somewhere is going to have to be bought out for this to break. Everyone in a seat of control is making too much money to feel for the common folk.

I'm not sure I've ever said this before but....agreed!

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2008 at 10:43pm
The only reason I can see us not using our oil fields in our country is to preserve them and that way when the other countries are out of oil, we will have supreme power and have a better economy than any other country. But there still is no reason to drill offshore.

I am all for alternative power, but for the application of vehicles, our economy is going down too fast for anyone to be able to purchase a new car that accepts the new fuel.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic