Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Car w/ Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Car w/ Pics
    Posted: 08 June 2008 at 12:49pm
1995 Firebird Formula
Got it about a month or so ago.  I wasn't even looking for one, but by chance the guy at the dealership showed it to me and I was hooked. I don't really like the older Firebirds, but I think the ram air makes a big difference.  It only has 89k miles too.

It's in really good condition, nice interior and new paint.  Chipped with some after market parts, headers, flow masters, ram air(functional), ect...like a typical old car, it can use a little bit of work.  The power windows are getting weak, the taillights will need continuous replacement because of moisture that gets in.

Cops like to pick on me.  I was pulled over for "having an air freshener hanging from my mirror".  No ticket though.

Crappy pics from cell phone...

This is when I first got it.

Pics from a few minutes ago

Edited by Zata - 08 June 2008 at 1:35pm
Farcry0092 View Drop Down
im not nominated for anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farcry0092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 12:51pm

looks pretty good.  i also recently got a new car as well. Ill get pics up as soon as I take them.

edit: pics 1983 mazda rx7

yea the time on my camera is pretty far off. I just took the pics like 5 minutes ago

Edited by Farcry0092 - 08 June 2008 at 1:01pm
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Farcry0092 Farcry0092 wrote:

miles?
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:42pm
Nice fire chicken

Farcry0092 View Drop Down
im not nominated for anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farcry0092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Zata Zata wrote:

miles?

just about 138,000 but the previous owner babied it so it runs great. the only problem is the inside door panels

the panels on it now are for automatic windows but the car has manual windows. my dad and I picked up some other ones that should work better.

Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:24pm
Is the Formula an LS1?  Pretty nice ride.  I'd be afraid to drive a red Firebird though.  I'll bet it attracts cops like donuts.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Is the Formula an LS1?  Pretty nice ride.  I'd be afraid to drive a red Firebird though.  I'll bet it attracts cops like donuts.

No, its an LT1.  Yeah, the tint doesn't help either, but I got a fuzz buster so I should be alright.  I don't really speed that much anyways.
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:30pm
My friend has that exact car in black.  Very fun to drive around in.  Looks like a vette from the front.  Nice ride.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:33pm

No, its an LT1.  Yeah, the tint doesn't help either, but I got a fuzz buster so I should be alright.  I don't really speed that much anyways.
I meant lt1.  That's the engine to have in those.  They have about 10 less horsepower than the standard, but the reliability and ease of maintenance should more than make up for it.  Plus, I think it might have better power/weight ratio anyhow.

Good luck on your purchase.
merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:19pm
you can buy the rear tail panel for the firebird or maybe just the seal around the lights to prevent water getting in.
saving the world, one warship at a time.
52 Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:34pm

That's a sharp looking car.  I never cared for that front end on the Firebirds, but a lot of people liked them.  I guess my bid thing was that I had to lean all the way across it to work on the front of the motor.

At the Chevy dealership I worked at, we referred to all F-bodies (Firebirds and Camaros) as "Go Fast Rattle Traps".  Just so you know what to expect.

BTW, if your power window motor goes out (it will... just give it a minute), make sure you budget for having someone else do the work.  The inner door structure is fiberglass on those.  It's no fun to work with fiberglass normally, much less try to patch it when something goes wrong.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 5:02pm
do you have a 305, 350, or 400 in there? how much was it?
52 Degrees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 Degrees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 5:11pm

It's a 350.

merc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
American Scotchy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:54pm
yea i missed that...
xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2, 7/17 - quote offensive post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xXK1CK1NVV1NGXx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 10:40pm

looks pretty good.  i also recently got a new car as well. Ill get pics up as soon as I take them.

yea the time on my camera is pretty far off. I just took the pics like 5 minutes ago

LOL I was in that garage this afternoon.
<Sig violation, Section 1>
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by 52 Degrees 52 Degrees wrote:

At the Chevy dealership I worked at, we referred to all F-bodies (Firebirds and Camaros) as "Go Fast Rattle Traps".  Just so you know what to expect.

Yeah they have a very rough ride.  In addition to that, whoever owned it before me had a system in it.  When they took it out, I don't think they tightened the panels and stuff back on very well because it does rattle a bit.

Originally posted by 52 Degrees 52 Degrees wrote:

BTW, if your power window motor goes out (it will... just give it a minute), make sure you budget for having someone else do the work.  The inner door structure is fiberglass on those.  It's no fun to work with fiberglass normally, much less try to patch it when something goes wrong.

My driver side comes up short by about half an inch so I always have to pull it up in case it rains.  The passenger side sometimes just decides to go out, but just a quick pound on the door, and it starts working again.

Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

how much was it?
$6800.  I actually have thought about selling it because its terrible on gas and horrible in the winter, but it's just too sweet in the summer with the t-tops off.  I'd like to try and take good care of it to keep it as a secondary summer car in a few years.  Thats going to be tough though with me driving it in the winter.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2008 at 11:07pm
Rotary Engines can be fun to work on.

My brother used to smoke Mustangs and other cars with his RX7 with the Upgraded 13B engine replacing the stock 12a engine it came with.

Those those Rotors do tend to burn out quick with the punishment of Street Racing.
Zata View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:03am
Originally posted by merc merc wrote:

you can buy the rear tail panel for the firebird or maybe just the seal around the lights to prevent water getting in.

Everyone keeps telling me that they aren't fixable besides buying all new covers.  The problem with that is the covers are very expensive.  I'm actually better off buying the newer covers than the old style like what I already have.  Even that black piece of plastic called the 'filler panel' between the taillights is like $120, and it doesn't even do anything, doesn't light up just bolts in.

I'll just have to look for used parts off a car thats being parted out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic