FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for 360 RPG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for 360 RPG
    Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:06pm
I want to buy some kind of RPG for my 360 and I really don't know what I want to get.  My friend strongly suggested Oblivion IV but I have two things that conflict with this:

I prefer turn-based games, like Final Fantasy.  Hell, if someone has a basic FF equivalent to the 360, let me know.  Also, I prefer team-based combat, but thats really not a must.  I would like something that can be played multiplayer over Live, but I know of very few games like this and what there is often doesn't fit my previous itinerary which is far more important that being able to play on Live.

My friend also suggested Fable 2 when it comes out, but I know nothing about it and don't know if it is quite what I'm looking for.  Jumbled post, I know, but does anyone have a suggestion for me?

EDIT: Although it would seem FFXI Online would be perfect for me, I'm not satisfied with the way it plays out.

Edited by Yomillio - 05 June 2008 at 6:21pm
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:17pm
They just released a game (or at least there is a demo out) that is turn based action RPG set in an alternate WWII. I can't remember the name but the demo was alright. Check into that. However, for just a regular RPG you have to get Oblivion. If you like science fiction then pick up Mass Effect.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:21pm

I am going to buy Fable 2 when it comes out, but it may not be what you're looking for. It definatly isn't turn based. I cant really think of a turn based type of rpg for the 360.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

I am going to buy Fable 2 when it comes out, but it may not be what you're looking for. It definatly isn't turn based. I cant really think of a turn based type of rpg for the 360.

Yeah, just watched the review of the original Fable on Gamespot and it seems like something I could get into.  I'll have to wait for the new one to come out and see the reviews.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Yomillio Yomillio wrote:

Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

Yeah, just watched the review of the original Fable on Gamespot and it seems like something I could get into.  I'll have to wait for the new one to come out and see the reviews.

Ya they aren't turn based, but they are really fun games. I can wait for Fable 2 to come out. I also cant wait for Lord of the rings Conquest.  

heliumman77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heliumman77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:08pm
Try this one

I heard someone from final fantasy was the head of this game I heard it was good.
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by heliumman77 heliumman77 wrote:

Try this one

I heard someone from final fantasy was the head of this game I heard it was good.

It is extremely similar to FF.  It is turn and team based, but I'm not sure I want that as it seems to be a realm of the past, maybe I should leave it there...

With Lost Odyssey, supposedly it is a solid game, it just doesn't really do anything new or innovative.  I guess I just have to really decide what I'm looking for.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 9:29pm
FFXI is a pretty good game, but it can get pretty tedious sometimes.

Thanks for reminding me of it though. I have to log on and return some borrowed equipment... crap. Gotta do that in the morning.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic