Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Alpha black mods PLZ

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deno420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deno420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Alpha black mods PLZ
    Posted: 21 May 2008 at 5:12pm

hello all. I have to say that i've  played paintball for many years but as far as keeping up on new gear and names/lingo for items im soo noob. 

I just bought a new alpha black and i been looking at alot of other peoples pictures on here and  im needing to know were i can find all these sweet mods im seeing on all these markers.  Im looking for a good barrel around 14 inches, rails on handel and shroud also red dot scope and mayb a flashlight.  ALSO a A-5 hopper& cyclone feeder ( do i need to customize this or does it slide on easliy?)

I understand alot of people are getting there items from ebay, but i have a lot of bad things happen from ebay like broken/ no item ever comming/ getting ripped off.  Im looking for websites so i can get good ideas for what they look like and cost.

I really like insofar's alpha and would really like to have mine like his/hers with out the digital paint job.  But looks like he/she got all there stuffs from ebay. 

Ive looked all over and cant find anything.  Sorry for sounding so noobish but im just being honest and Thanks to all that help me =)

Alpha Black W/E-grip
16" R.I.S barrel/ 16" M16 Apex Barrel
98c Cyclone
Reddot scope
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by deno420 deno420 wrote:

hello all. I have to say that i've  played paintball for many years but as far as keeping up on new gear and names/lingo for items im soo noob. 

Welcome aboard

I just bought a new alpha black and i been looking at alot of other peoples pictures on here and  im needing to know were i can find all these sweet mods im seeing on all these markers.  Im looking for a good barrel around 14 inches, rails on handel and shroud also red dot scope and mayb a flashlight.  ALSO a A-5 hopper& cyclone feeder ( do i need to customize this or does it slide on easliy?)

As far as the barrel goes I always recommend a J&J.  If you have the tactical setup you will need a little electrical tape since the barrel is thinner than the stock barrel.  A little well placed electric tape keeps the handguard from wiggling around.  The rails are just your normal rails and you put them on the hand guard yourself.  If you want them on a carry handle you will have to drill it and then attach it but that is an easy process.  As for the light and reddots it comes down to prefference.  I know www.paintballdiscounters had a tactical light for sale that is pretty nice and pretty in expensive.  As for the sight dont get a NCStar.  They break easily. The cyclone for the Alpha has not been released yet but with a small amount of modification you can mount the one for the 98c on there. There is a post on here that shows how.

I understand alot of people are getting there items from ebay, but i have a lot of bad things happen from ebay like broken/ no item ever comming/ getting ripped off.  Im looking for websites so i can get good ideas for what they look like and cost.

I personally have never had bad luck on ebay.  Usually if something is wrong you can indeed get a refund or exchange it.  You may want to check ebay for the rails since they are usually more expensive at stores.  Everything else shop around for and check ebay and just get te best price you can find.

I really like insofar's alpha and would really like to have mine like his/hers with out the digital paint job.  But looks like he/she got all there stuffs from ebay. 

I believe they did the paintjob as well.  Alot of stuff did look like it came from ebay.

Ive looked all over and cant find anything.  Sorry for sounding so noobish but im just being honest and Thanks to all that help me =)

No problem and please ask as many questions as you need to.  Thats what we are here for. Good luck.

*edit* as far as the A5 hopper I also recommend spending the extra 8 bucks and buying the X7 hopper isnce it is offset and low profile.

Edited by thejudge - 22 May 2008 at 2:02pm
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
deno420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deno420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 2:25pm

hey thanks alot i did alot more looking around and find some good barrels and a few mods. 

But with the new E grip im trying to figure out what hopper to use at the moment.  it says its good for 30 bps but the cyclone feed system from the 98 custom/a-5 feeds 15 bps.  Will it still work or will it gack out balls or miss fire is what im wondering?

If its spiting out 30 bps the best hopper ive found was the Volosity hopper and its like $140.  I like the cyclone feed look and was hoping to learn some about it b4 i bought it, so i dont waist my $65. Then have to turn around and buy the $140 hopper.  thats kinda costly lol

Edited by deno420 - 24 May 2008 at 2:30pm
Alpha Black W/E-grip
98c Cyclone
Reddot scope
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:18pm
well stock it wont put out 30 bps but your grip is probable only set to about 15 anyways.  You dont need 30 bps anyways.  The cyclone will feed 15 bps easily and consistently.  i put a JCS jetclick in mine and it fires 20bps with no hiccups but really I keep it at 13 bps.  I recommend the cyclone since you dont have ACT and because the elbow on the alpha would slow down a gravity feeder anyways. Plus with the cyclone there is no need for batteries.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
deno420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deno420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 9:27pm

thanks alot.  ill try the cyclone feeder system.  2 quick questions tho.  Whats ACT mean? and whats it refered to when some one says weathering.  Like, thats nice weathering in referance to markers.

Whats a JCS jetclick? is thats something in the gun or the cyclone feeder also whats it do?

Alpha Black W/E-grip
98c Cyclone
Reddot scope
deno420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deno420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 11:02pm

Here are some mods i found for the alpha black but i post theme here to see if some one call tell me if there worth buying or what EXECTLY they do.

Tech T Cyclone Feed Squishy Paddles

TechT Lightening Rod

TechT Vortex Mod

I no all of these parts are for the cyclone hopper, but what are there purpuses.  Im  new to the newer hi tech stuff in markers these days

i used to rep a brass eagle stringray II and i OWNED lol so i been in the market for newer hi tech stuff for the alpha black.

Alpha Black W/E-grip
98c Cyclone
Reddot scope
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic