FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$4 a gallon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Forum's Vladimir Lenin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:20am
Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Its right at $3.95 by me. My dad saw a $<span style="font-weight: bold;">4.20</span> though in a more not-as-developed area.
LOLZ!!!

Bein leid tah.
"So when Romney wins in a landslide, what will the liberal media do?"
This Ma**edited**hine Kills **edited**as**edited**ists.

Ozwarg View Drop Down
Drama Panda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ozwarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Kingtiger Kingtiger wrote:

3.59 in Denver, CO.

What part of Denver do you live?
proteus316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proteus316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Akhmed Akhmed wrote:

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

I just payed $4.01 for mid grade in my truck.

Side question - why mid-grade?  I have never seen anybody put mid-grade.

Most cars/trucks run on regular.  High-compression engines, like those found in German cars, require 93 octane. 

So what is the point of mid-grade?

for me its no more then 10cents more for Mid grade, for a $1 or so a fill up i can get just that lil better gas so why not do it.
Akhmed View Drop Down

(Akhmed is not his real name)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 12:40am

Except that I don't think it is "better", just different.  It allows you to compress the gasoline more, but since your car has fixed compression, that doesn't really matter.  And I haven't seen any evidence to support the claims about the various "additives" that gas companies brag about.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. "
Most awesome site EVAR!
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:55am
Originally posted by Ozwarg Ozwarg wrote:

Originally posted by Kingtiger Kingtiger wrote:

3.59 in Denver, CO.

What part of Denver do you live?
Arvada
Steam: Kingtiger125
.636 View Drop Down
Strike 1, 9/13 inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 2:59am

The V6 Taco needs premium, its what the engine was designed to use. You can get away with regular but its not recommended.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 7:07am
Originally posted by ammolord ammolord wrote:

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

Cost me $21 to fill up. Full tank (6 gallons) = 300 miles. 

What are you driving?

Riding a bike.

Figured as much.

What bike?

Kawasaki KLR650

lol

yamaha V-max 1300 > Kawasaki KLR650

Lol, your a tool.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:32am
They were raising the price to $3.92 as I drove past the station this morning.

I was a little miffed when I found out about the 'emergency oil reserves' that have something like 72 bajillion barrels of oil kicking around un an underground bunker somewhere. Its something like 92% full, and 'ole G.W. wanted to keep stocking it.

Congress managed to do something right and tell him 'uh, no, that's not a good idea, its full enough, put the stupid oil into circulation' If it goes through it'll save us just a few cents, but it'll at least give us the fuzzy feeling that the government IS trying to help things out....as long as it doesn't piss off the environmental lobbyists, who I STILL blame for this whole mess.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:44am
DRILL ALASKA!

DRILL EVERYWHERE!

SCREW ENVIRONMENTALISTS MORE REFINERIES!
Que pasa?

Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:44am

Except that I don't think it is "better", just different.  It allows you to compress the gasoline more, but since your car has fixed compression, that doesn't really matter.  And I haven't seen any evidence to support the claims about the various "additives" that gas companies brag about.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

You, sir, are correct. If your vehicle does not require a high octane, buying mid-grade over regular will only effect your wallet. The higher octane level would be, performance wise, negligible at best even on a dyno.

Techron (from Chevron w/ Techron) has been proven to clean engines and fuel injectors. You can buy bottles of techron from some auto supply stores. Porsche and BMW engineers both recommend using techron, and the guy who works on my car (inline 4 w/ turbo) suggests that if I have a choice, only use premium fuel from Chevron. It costs more, but the car will appreciate the consistent level of octane and techron.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 8:47am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

DRILL ALASKA!

I never said that

DRILL EVERYWHERE!

Everwhere? Drilling in NY might prove futile.

SCREW ENVIRONMENTALISTS MORE REFINERIES!

No, not 'screw environmentalists' I like and agree with some of the stuff they stand for. But when some of your policies have direct and negative impacts on an economy, its time to have your toes stepped on a little bit.

More refineries? Hell, I'd be happy with updating the ones we HAVE, seeing as how there hasn't been a new one built since the 70's.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 9:17am
It's $3.95 in Western PA. I complain, but then I realize that Europe has been paying double that for years.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

The V6 Taco needs premium, its what the engine was designed to use. You can get away with regular but its not recommended.

I get knocking in my truck when I run regular (so does my moms Toyota suv). Thats the one thing I dislike about Toyota is that their vehicles don't like regular gas.
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 2:56pm

I have no idea because the idiot who owned my truck previously does not like to fix things, and would rather just pave things over until they later cause more problems.

Like most of the world.

Anyway, I need my damn moped title. Thing gets like 110MPG and I dont drive on the highway all day.

Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

traded 2yo strike for crappy title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 10:58pm

Originally posted by .636 .636 wrote:

Side question - why mid-grade? I have never seen anybody put mid-grade.

I get knocking in my truck when I run regular (so does my moms Toyota suv). Thats the one thing I dislike about Toyota is that their vehicles don't like regular gas.

Mine does it fine
thebuickguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebuickguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 4:15am
3.85 to 3.95 I also live about 10 to 20 miles from toledo BP refinery and to think 5 years ago i complained about 1.35
Tippmann A-5 SAW stock E grip
J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Spyder AMG J&J Ceramic
Tippmann 68 Carbine J&J Ceramic APEX tip
Tippmann Prolite
Akhmed View Drop Down

(Akhmed is not his real name)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akhmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:46am

Huh?  I don't know about trucks, but their cars all run on regular.  I put more than 200k miles on my Camry with only regular.  Those are not high-compression engines.

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. "
Most awesome site EVAR!
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:53am
I don't understand why anyone would put anything more than regular in a normal car/truck. Your wasting your money. My dad buys premium fuel for the company vehicles and they get worse gas mileage with it, but the execs want it so whatever.

Gas here is $3.59. If a hurricane enters the gulf we are completely screwed. The housing market will correct itself but if fuel keeps going up at the rate it has been the economy is finished.

I drive a Ford F-150 with the smallest V-8. I can get about 20 MPG, and I don't drive far or often (looking for work in the town right now) so I can manage. During the school year I was putting in about $30 a week, which isn't too bad.

I know oil has lots of reasons for going up, but having it where speculators can manipulate the price is a bad idea. Freakin Goldman Sachs says "I see oil prices going up in the future" and speculators have a field day and push oil up a couple $/bbl. The market needs some more regulation, we need to drill our own oil, and we need to seriously look at alternate fuels. Screw big oil.

Benny go home!
.357 Magnum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested and IP banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .357 Magnum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

I don't understand why anyone would put anything more than regular in a normal car/truck. Your wasting your money. My dad buys premium fuel for the company vehicles and they get worse gas mileage with it, but the execs want it so whatever.

Gas here is $3.59. If a hurricane enters the gulf we are completely screwed. The housing market will correct itself but if fuel keeps going up at the rate it has been the economy is finished.

I drive a Ford F-150 with the smallest V-8. I can get about 20 MPG, and I don't drive far or often (looking for work in the town right now) so I can manage. During the school year I was putting in about $30 a week, which isn't too bad.

I know oil has lots of reasons for going up, but having it where speculators can manipulate the price is a bad idea. Freakin Goldman Sachs says "I see oil prices going up in the future" and speculators have a field day and push oil up a couple $/bbl. The market needs some more regulation, we need to drill our own oil, and we need to seriously look at alternate fuels. Screw big oil.

I drive an F-150 with the largest V8 you can get, I put $30 each Sunday and let me tell you, each week it gets me less and less.
Alberto411 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberto411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:38pm
Ha re: vaseline on the marquis to the OP.

Tampa, FL and I pay ~$4/gallon too for 93 octane.

Highest I've seen diesel 'round these parts is $4.52/gallon. Eww.

The WRX gets 15-20 mpg city thanks to the 'beauty of all-wheel-drive' and costs ~$60 to fill up. And the GSX-R600 gets 35-40 mpg in the city and is ~$16 to fill up. Take a guess what I've been riding lately :)

It really won't be getting any better, so good luck to all especially when the summer really hits full swing.
WRX by 4, GSXR by 2
"I came, I saw, I lurked..." - Me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic