Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alpha Black Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alf725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alpha Black Barrel
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:48pm
Hey, i got a new alpha black tactical but when i went to use it at the field, i saw the paintballs gone like crazy, they werent going straight so i said i need a new barrel or maybe i dont know if is ACT but what do you recommend me to make the gun to shoot with better acuracy or straight...
d4rkmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4rkmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:50pm
regulator helps with consistency which helps with accuracy, but a new barrel would help too. I recommend a J&J or Lapco, though if you have a lot of money, get a barrel kit.
alf725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:54pm
mm i need a compatible barrel that is good, looks nice and not 2 expensive
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:26pm
like said above.  A J&J or Lapco.  The J&J has more porting and the inside is teflon coated which helps shoot through any breaks easier.  The lapco is also a goof barrel and is a little louder.  if you want the tip to be straighter with no flanging out then go with the J&J.  Personally I prefer the J&J anyways.  To find the compatability just look for a barrel with 98c threads and it will fit.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
alf725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:36pm
ok ill go for the J & J but i have a question, Can i keep my m6 handguard in the front?
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 8:33pm
Yes, it should work fine with the JJ.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
tippmannfreak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Inappropriate Post, 1/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

like said above.  A J&J or Lapco.  The J&J has more porting and the inside is teflon coated which helps shoot through any breaks easier.  The lapco is also a goof barrel and is a little louder.  if you want the tip to be straighter with no flanging out then go with the J&J.  Personally I prefer the J&J anyways.  To find the compatability just look for a barrel with 98c threads and it will fit.

i've never owned one, so i don't know, but i always thought the inside of a j&j was coated with ceramic.
d4rkmonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4rkmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by tippmannfreak tippmannfreak wrote:

Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

i've never owned one, so i don't know, but i always thought the inside of a j&j was coated with ceramic.

Its a ceramic barrel, but the inside is coated with teflon.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by alf725 alf725 wrote:

ok ill go for the J & J but i have a question, Can i keep my m6 handguard in the front?

You can indeed. The only (slight problem) that I've mentioned a few times, is the fact that the J&J barrel is much thinner than the stock AB Barrel. Since the front ring where the barrel goes through is not adjustable, the ceramic barrel will have some wiggle room. A few strands of well placed electrical tape solves that problem for good.

pballer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 12:27pm

there are many J & J Ceramic barrels. Which one should i get? (j & j ceramic a-5 14, 16, or 12inch and theres j & j ceramic autococker 12, 14, 16inch)

Stopwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stopwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by pballer51 pballer51 wrote:

there are many J & J Ceramic barrels. Which one should i get? (j & j ceramic a-5 14, 16, or 12inch and theres j & j ceramic autococker 12, 14, 16inch)

Well do you have an A5 or an autococker? get whichever one you have. Unless you relly like the look of a 16 inch barrel get a 14 inch. Doesn't matter what gun or what settings you may have, 14 inch.
EAGLE-601 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE-601 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 6:45pm
          Hello guys:  I'm new lol =)  but I got a question... I have the Alpha Black Tactical and I need like some help. It's nothing but I don't know how to install something here...  What I'm talking about its about the Switch of the hopper kind of like a Button that holds the hopper. That Button got like a spring, I need to know How to put that spring on because I took the barrel out and that spring came out and now the Button its damn floofy lol ,   Thanks  
pballer51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballer51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 10:25pm
i have an alpha black
projectmayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projectmayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:01pm
That's strange I have an Alpha, and and it's very accurate.  '=/
You are not your khakis...
501st: Vader's Fist
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic