Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Cyclone Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TippmannGuy17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannGuy17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Cyclone Problems
    Posted: 19 April 2008 at 1:32am
Ok, So heres the deal I upgraded my cyclone the whole 9 yards... Vortex mod,Lighting Rod,Squishie Paddles,QEPH
I went out to play the other day and after about.. around 50 shots or so the cyclone stopped cycling it would still feed manualy so i'm not sure what the problem is... it shouldn't be the C02.. it was a full tank.. i have an Expansion chamber and remote. It was warm out so i couldn't see it freezing up... From what it looked like the rod stops moving..
I took it all apart cleaned it re-oiled and re-greased the parts put it all back togeather and got about 200 shots out of it before it stopped again.. So I'm out of ideas what could be wrong.. Any help will be appperciated
Thanks..
Corbin.

Edited by TippmannGuy17 - 19 April 2008 at 1:42pm
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 2:16am

Originally posted by TippmannGuy17 TippmannGuy17 wrote:

Ok, So heres the deal yo,

Yo? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannGuy17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:33am
Help? Anybody? 
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:47pm
replace your mods with stock parts one at a time, to diagnose the problem. Its called troubleshooting.
markhoppus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhoppus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:59pm
dude that happend to me i have a fully stock gun and my gun is less then a month old i was shooting and it wouldnt cycle it would cycle like once in a while i also thought it was the co2 but it wasnt when i got home i called the tippman 1800 number and they sent me to rachet parts for free saying that could be the problem im not sure so plz help me and tippmannguy im brand new to paint balling and i paid for the gun myself so i need help on figuring out whats wrong
motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 8:04am
Originally posted by TippmannGuy17 TippmannGuy17 wrote:

Ok, So heres the deal I upgraded my cyclone the whole 9 yards... Vortex mod,Lighting Rod,Squishie Paddles,QEPH

What is the QEPH thing you are talking about?  If it's a cyclone tube with the vented exhaust holes, I'd be willing to bet that has to do with the problem.  I think you may be blowing your oil out those holes, and allowing dirt/dust to get in.

My Cyclone has the vortex mod, and the squishy paddles and I have not had an issue yet.  I have not done the lightning rod or anything else.  I am interested in the Palmer's Cyclone kit, but I'm not sure if it will support the R/T and the cyclone.

For markhoppus.  The ratchet in the cyclone is the weakest part.  It's plastic and it cracks.  The vortex mod is a ratchet made of metal, 100% essential upgrade in my opinion.  Other than that, make sure the cyclone is getting air, pop a hose off and fire it.  Make sure you feel a decent blast of air coming out the hose.  2nd, make sure the cyclone has plenty of oil.  I pop a hose each day I play, and put 1-2 drops of oil straight into the cyclone tube.

Edited by motopsycho650 - 25 April 2008 at 8:21am
Tunka.com - Working to keep paintball legal in Colorado's National Forests.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
Special Ops Brigade ID:161556
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 8:36pm
They're everywhere. I just go to ebaY.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhoppus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 10:23pm
well today i checked my rachet and its stilll good what could be wrong i need help!
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 1:23am
put the stock tube back on at least and try that. then the rod, then the ratchet. also make sure the screw holding the paddles in isnt too tight. i had mine too tight and it stopped mine up.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhoppus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 4:14pm
i now got the vortex mod i stook off the screw and i know the air is going into the hose but its not comming out the other side  so im so lost

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannGuy17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 1:29am
Ok, thanks for the ideas motopsycho650  i will try that and let you guys know how it goes.. i'm playing this weekend so i'm getting my tank filled up wensday or thursday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markhoppus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 9:12pm
well i took it to a repair shop and the problem was that the little rubber hose that the co2 feeds through was cracked inside and the air wasnt gettin through and it was jsut spreading through the whole gun so they gave me the better one thats made out of aliminum inside
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic