Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 flatline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeff1304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff1304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 flatline
    Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:16am
i recently ordered a tippmann with a flatline and i was wondering if there is any ways to quickly change the barrel with the stock barrel because from what i have heard the new a5s have o rings on the barrel adapters which makes it harder to switch them out.

Jeff
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:24am
You ordered a package deal that was an A5 with an included F/L, or you ordered an A5, and then ordered a F/L seperate?

Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
jeff1304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff1304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:33am
i bought them seperatly
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:36am
I think, though I'm not positive, that the barrel adapter has to be removed to put the Flatline in, so I would assume that no, a quick change will not be easy.  
jeff1304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff1304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:39am
well i have read with older ones you can looseten the front 2 screws you can on the olde one but not the new one. but thats just what i read.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:40am
Right, but loosening the two screws, removing the Flatline, putting in the barrel adapter, tightening the two screws, and then screwing in a barrel isn't really a "fast" barrel change.

Unscrewing a barrel, and then screwing in another one....THAT is a fast barrel change.
jeff1304 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff1304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 12:43am
well its faster than tearing the side plate off lol. but can i do that with the new a5s with the orings ?
classicrider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote classicrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 11:30pm
go to eBay and search Tippmann A-5 A5 Flatline Barrel Quick Change Kit  and it is a quick change set of screws.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 6:16pm
Thou they dont work as 'Quick' as you may think. It's not a Hot Swap that you can do on the fly in game. Thou you coudl do it just as fast with allen keys at your staging zone.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 9:37pm
You could also put longer screws in and put wingnuts on, that could be turned by hand. However, this isn't really efficient. 
rover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 9:39pm

A handy way is to replace both front screws with sling swivels and then put in a "key ring" thru it. And if you add a third swivel to replace the screw in the rear sight - you have a good place to attach a sling AND with a half turn of both front swivels, the gun halves loosen up enough to remove the flatline barrel.

I'll post a picture if it's needed. Just let me know.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic