Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Barrels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Spikee187 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spikee187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 4:55pm
The thing is, I am not trying to argue. I continue to post because well, when there is a discussion it is important to throw in all aspects and all sides of the discussion. That is all, but this argument/debate is not really existent. Your arguing the existence of paintball snipers and I am just throwing other sides into the equation. That is all, no more no less. Like I said the word or the existence of paintball snipers is not in anyway going to effect my game play or experience when playing paintball. It's not like the esrb game notice Game experience may change during online play. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Spikee187 Spikee187 wrote:

The thing is, I am not trying to argue.

Then what did this mean?

. . . I will defend the use of the word sniper for convenience.

I continue to post because well, when there is a discussion it is important to throw in all aspects and all sides of the discussion.

It is also important to support one's side of the discussion.  Failing to do so is indicative that it lacks validity.  Continuing to argue a position that lacks validity is the classic sign of a troll.

That is all, but this argument/debate is not really existent.

Um . . . there are a couple of pages of it here; how does it not exist?

Your arguing the existence of paintball snipers and I am just throwing other sides into the equation.

Without supporting it.  Continually going "well what about this?" is not support, it is merely a desperate scramble for survival once the untenability of an invalid position is realized.  Your arguments are the equivalent of saying Santa Clause exists because lots of toddlers believe in him.

That is all, no more no less. Like I said the word or the existence of paintball snipers is not in anyway going to effect my game play or experience when playing paintball. It's not like the esrb game notice Game experience may change during online play. 
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 7:36pm
Ladies and gentleman introducing April's "Sniper Gate."
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by notom66866 notom66866 wrote:

Ladies and gentleman introducing April's "Sniper Gate."

Nyah.  This doesn't qualify.  It's a lot more interesting when the pro-sniper side of the discussion is capable of using logic, provides facts and doesn't keep admitting they're wrong.

This has devolved to more of a discussion of whether or not Spikee187 is exceedingly desperate to be considered a sniper or is just a troll.

I vote sniper.  (Feel free to vote and update the tally.)

Tally:  Sniper--1     Troll--0
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 11:26am

Haha I do like how in depth you the conversation. It makes me have to think much less because you have done the thinking for me. But overall I am not here to debate the existence of snipers in paintball. Honestly I do not care either way about the whole issue, I am rather indifferent to the whole thing. If someone calls themselves a sniper in paintball, I will understand what they mean. Or rather their overall purpose in paintball. So that is probably why the word is so widely used. Granted calling it something doesn't mean it is something. But if a person can say a word, and basically everyone around them knows what they are talking about then well I would rather just call them a sniper. Saves everyone a lot of trouble. So all in all the point remains people will still use the word sniper out of ignorance, simplicity, or even just overall convenience. So no matter what points either side has the arguments will remain roughly 50/50.     If by my posts you feel I am defending the fact that there are snipers in paintball then you are mistaken, as a result of misreading or my error. Probably mostly me. But I will defend the use of the word sniper for convenience. No way will everyone stop using the word so it is just far easier to use the word than to spell it out every time you explain your role/favorite position.

Also thank your for pointing out the where / wear typo i was on my way out and typing in a hurry. I also cannot wait for your dissection of my post.

short hand- Your right im wrong

i wonder if this will go past the 10...or 11 pages, mine went to

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 14 April 2008 at 11:28am
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 4:29pm
Troll.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic