Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

upgrades for the alpha black tactical???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upgrades for the alpha black tactical???
    Posted: 09 April 2008 at 8:51pm

I am pretty new to paintball and have an Alpha Black Tactical.  I was just wondering what some really good upgrades for this gun are.  I am thinking of getting a new barrel. I also want to get rid of the shroud and get one with mounting rails.  What are some good options??  Please give me suggestions on upgrades. Any upgrades at all.  I want better performance. I also want it to look good, but that is not the most important thing.  Thank you!!!

Ps.  What is the advantage of a cyclone feed?

Edited by rhino4195 - 09 April 2008 at 9:04pm
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 9:06pm
A cyclone feed lets gravity drop the balls into a star shaped sprocket, and then "forces" the ball into the chamber, thereby (theoretically) reducing ball chops and miss-loads.

As for the Alpha Black, I'm not really sure how upgradeable those are.  I'll let someone who knows more about them answer that part.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 9:21pm
Thanks for your help "ThatGuitarGuy"
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 9:23pm
My Alpha Black has as of Right now

ACT- Anti Chop Technology
Regulator-
Front Sight Post Picatinni Rail Assembly

On the works;
Cyclone Feed-
E grip-

Avaliable After market Mods;
all Stocks made for the Model 98 (look for the newer ones with ACT holes for the ACt system)
All barrels made for 98's
All barrel mounted Handguards, Railed and non.
Any Electric Loader.
rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 9:33pm
Thanks for your help "Evil Elvis"
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 9:11am
The egrip designed for the Alpha is coming out in June and that will be a good upgrade to get.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:02am

Hi rhino,

Just go see my post if you want to have an idea of what a heavily modified Alpha Tactical looks like (in a few days I will update the thread once I will have received my red-dot):

http://tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=174516& amp;PN=1

Get yourself a 98c cyclone, a good barrel (J&J or Lapco) with 98 treads. Get yourself also an HPA tank and some good quality paintball with a good bore to paint match and you will be ready to kick some asses.

I suggest you also getting a RIS handguard and a vertical grip.

Edited by JagdAlex - 10 April 2008 at 10:11am
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 10:08am

Question for you Evil Elvis. How did you got the ACT? Since it does not come with the Alpha Stock.

Also does it really worth getting an ACT? I broke paint only once and because it was pure garbage paint and it broke in the cyclone. With decent paint, no paint chop at all. So I am thinking that the ACT might be an upgrade that is not necesseraly worth getting.

Lastly how much did you pay for the ACT and where did you got it?

Thanks

Edited by JagdAlex - 10 April 2008 at 10:09am
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 1:43pm
If you get a cyclone on the alpha it would be pointless to get ACT.  There is a thread in here that shows how to do it though.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 2:03pm

"If you get a cyclone on the alpha it would be pointless to get ACT.  There is a thread in here that shows how to do it though."

Yeah... what is the need of an ACT when you break no ball at all!
That is exactly what I tought at first, but I was thinking that maybe I was missing something.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 9:30pm
Anti Chop works with the Cyclone as well. Just an added reasurance. I was shooting paintballs that have been in a Pod at the bottom of my Paintball Bin since October. Not one break on the ACT.

I swapped my ACT from the 98 custom Platnum.
rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 4:32pm
Thanks JadgAlex! you are very helpful. just what i needed.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

If you get a cyclone on the alpha it would be pointless to get ACT.  There is a thread in here that shows how to do it though.

Would it be pointless to upgrade any 98C ACT marker with the Cyclone then?

JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

Originally posted by thejudge thejudge wrote:

Would it be pointless to upgrade any 98C ACT marker with the Cyclone then?

Well no, because the cyclone will give you a higher ball feed rate something that the A.C.T cannot do. So if you have to get one before the other get the cyclone. And if you are really affraid of ball break, get both. Both most of the time it is plain overkill. Anyway you in order to put an A.C.T on an Alpha you need to have a 98 Custom that comes with it and you swap it to your Alpha. Something that only a few like EvilE can do.

Get yourself a cyclone and it will be fine. I only have a cyclone and I don't break paint at all.

ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 7:50pm
Ok so Since we are talking about the Alpha Black. Im looking at getting one, but I dont want the e-grip thats coming out. Has any one put in a RT i a alpha or know someone that has.
Lady_Incognito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Incognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 4:28pm
My husband has the Alpha Black Tactical, and we're looking for ways to upgrade it as well.  So Far for it, we've gotten a Cyclone upgrade, a 20inch barrel, The Rufus Dawg Wicked bolt(thats pretty good) you'd be very happy with that. We got the Tech T Vortex Mod,QEPH, lightning rod, and Squishy Paddles. WE also ordered a 98 custom Response trigger kit, which might be able to work with it, but its gonna take some serious "operating and grinding" but if you know what you're doing, it should work. But I will keep you posted on whether thats actually gonna work(after we see thats its too late, and it past the point of no return, and its modded, but won't fit)hahaha..So far thats about all we have on ours.  Tippmann said that the Alpha is 98 custom internals. So theres a big clue for you there. Hope this helps.

Edited by Lady_Incognito - 24 April 2008 at 4:33pm
The way to win a war, is to make sure it never starts. Get Em' Before they Get you
A5,Flatline Barrel,stock,RT,wicked Bolt,squishy paddle,vortex mod,lightning rod,QEPH,BT-4 Spring kit(red)
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 4:42pm
dont get a new bolt and dont get a barrel that is that long . a 14 will be plenty long (in fact thats the max i reccommend). 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:07pm

I think you are looking at a lot of grinding in order to get an e-trigger to work. You would be better of waiting for the kit to come out in June. I think it would be a pretty advanced mod for someone new to perform. As for barrel shrouds, check out Opsgear or SpecOps paintball. They seem to have good selections. I personally like the floating one that screws into the marker and doesnt use set screws, but it is also nearly double the money. I would agree on not getting an aftermarket bolt, especially if you are using CO2 and/or live in a colder climate.

A good bit of advise that I have seen several times as well is.... go out and play with the marker a few times before you start dumping money into upgrades. Get comfortable with it an figure out where you think you need improvements.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
XXalphaXX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XXalphaXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 10:13pm
Got my alpha altogether and Its a blast,the response trigger was a pain to get in 2.5 hours to do it without messin up my marker but it takes alot of metal out, going out on sunday to field test it ill let you know how they work!!
alpha black
98 reponse trigger
BT red spring
wicked bolt
cyclone conv.
tech t squishy
tech t vortex
tech t qeph
tech t lightning rod
ricocet hopper
20" smart barrel
 Post Reply Post Reply