Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98c sniper ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Tobeconn44 View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobeconn44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98c sniper ?
    Posted: 08 April 2008 at 9:59pm
Alright. I've been playing paintball for about a couple of months now. My current marker setup is a 98c, J&J 14" ceramic barrel, double trigger, and the rocket cock 2. I play woodsball or scenario and love trying to be either a sniper or front gunman. Currently i'm looking at the expansion chamber, shocktech superfly bolt, car stock, response trig and cyclone feed as possible upgrades. Oh, and the opsgear m82a1 shroud for looks. I don't want anything in my gun to be electric. So i've come to you, the tippmann experts, to help me out. How can i make my gun a more effective sniper? I'm not really worries about money, so that won't be an issue. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Tobeconn44 - 08 April 2008 at 10:02pm
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:12pm
There is no such thing as a sniper in paintball. Sorry.
Tobeconn44 View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobeconn44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

alright. i knowthat there are people out there who think there is. I respect your opinion. But a sniper is more of concealment one hit kill than long range fire.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Tobeconn44 Tobeconn44 wrote:

alright. i knowthat there are people out there who think there is. I respect your opinion. But a sniper is more of concealment one hit kill than long range fire.

Then by your thinking every player on the field is a sniper. When a speedball player is in the snake and is not seen, according to your definition he is a sniper. This is completely incorrect. If you do not want your incorrect opinions to be destroyed by facts, I suggest you leave this forum and go to spec ops. You would fit in well there. If you want to learn and understand how things work in paintball you are more than welcome to stay here. This forum however works on a basis of fact, and fiction is not tolerated here.
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:32pm

Which is exactly why Scout/Snipers are trained to engage targets at no less than 300 yards.  Because we're more about one shot one kill than we are about distance?  We regularly engage targets at 800+ yards.  Tell me that's not about distance.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by ThatGuitarGuy ThatGuitarGuy wrote:

Which is exactly why Scout/Snipers are trained to engage targets at no less than 300 yards.  Because we're more about one shot one kill than we are about distance?  We regularly engage targets at 800+ yards.  Tell me that's not about distance.
The people who normally argue for snipers in paintball don't have any military training. They don't have a basic understanding of infantry tactics so therefore they cannot be reasoned with.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:40pm
Man Snake, I just have to say, if Snipers were the only Marines trained to use concealment and camouflage like a lot of these kids think, I'd have a lot fewer friends right now.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:40pm
Snake, what you dont understand is that there are paintball Snipers out there.

You just dont know it. Because if you did know it then they wouldnt be snipers.

Duh.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Duh.

Although your avatar is very convincing, I would like for you to point out a paintball marker combo out there capable of an accurate, spot on shot at the same range a low-end sniper rifle is capable of.

What YOU are trying to tell us is out there, is someone who conserves their paint, and are very good at concealment.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:46pm

Duh.

Although your avatar is very convincing, I would like for you to point out a paintball marker combo out there capable of an accurate, spot on shot at the same range a low-end sniper rifle is capable of.

What YOU are trying to tell us is out there, is someone who conserves their paint, and are very good at concealment.

There is but one gun capable of this..... It has a Super Chronium Barrel. I leave you to figure out the rest.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:49pm

Duh.

There is but one gun capable of this..... It has a Super Chronium Barrel. I leave you to figure out the rest.

And I would assume the rest of the gun is made of Unobtanium, or Adamantium or the like?
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:50pm

Duh.

How dare you speak of the forbidden? You know not to utter the name of the one marker.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:52pm

Duh.

How dare you speak of the forbidden? You know not to utter the name of the one marker.

Forgive Me Sir, I know not what I do.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:53pm

Duh.

Did I miss something here?
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:54pm
i love these sort of threads
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 10:58pm
Snipers exist.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 11:01pm
Any more Mentions of the Super Chromium Barrel will result in an IP Ban range of the whole State your in.

Marines Stop Hazing the Boots. They will outgrow the fantasy soon enough when they realize that they are missing the fun of the game playing camping.

Now for the original Thread. Aftermarket Bolts are a waste of money. If you feel like Burning money on one all the power to you. Wont make your marker any more acurate nor shoot faster. If your hell bent in that 'sniper' dream why bother with an RT? Even your gut instinct tells you that you have to overwhelm your Openent by Fire and Maneuver. Not by hiding in a bush and waiting for some poor chump to shoot while his team rains paint and bruises on you.

You will have hundreds of more Eliminations and Fun playing Up front where the Action is. If you want to play in Dream Land where Titles are given so you can feel special about yourself I recomend Air Soft. But if you want to test yourself against others and challenge yourself every weekend become a Paintball Player and enjoy the game.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Snipers exist.

I know.  That's what MOS 0317 is.
unvolution View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unvolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 11:03pm
in the realm of faeries and gnomes!!! wait i live in that realm... Rumpelstiltskin! get my magic green bag of grenades and other explosive devices!!!! we'll blast them out of my reality!!! (hears Zzzzzzzz) hey wake up... awe man not again... so hard to find good help these days...(pulls out help wanted sign with gaurenteed 20 years employment)
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 11:04pm

Duh.

Did I miss something here?

Yes.

The one marker was created by those who shall not be named to be the greatest paintball marker ever. It has suprior range and firepower. It was devistating. Therefore the makers had the marker hidden. This marker shall not be spoke of by those who are not worthy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic