Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone Feed + Alpha Black

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
War Czar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote War Czar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone Feed + Alpha Black
    Posted: 06 April 2008 at 6:58pm
Hey guys, I'm just wondering before I go ahead and buy an Alpha Black; Can
you equip a cyclone feed onto it? I've heard that there's a pressure system
knob on the outside that allows this, but I've never had it confirmed. So, in
black and white: Can you put a cyclone feed on an Alpha Black?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 7:35pm
There will be a Cyclone available for the Alpha Black.  There have been a handful of people that have adapted the 98C Cyclone system to the Alpha already.
War Czar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote War Czar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 8:33pm
So, basically the 98 Cyclone Feed does not work (without modification) on
the Alpha, but Tippmann is Officially producing a cyclone-series of
Alphas/Add-on Upgrade?

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 8:37pm
Correct.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
War Czar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote War Czar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Correct.

Aha. But otherwise, the Alpha Black would be a good investment, right?
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2008 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by War Czar War Czar wrote:

So, basically the 98 Cyclone Feed does not work (without modification) on
the Alpha, but Tippmann is Officially producing a cyclone-series of
Alphas/Add-on Upgrade?

It's just using a file and reshaping the lip of the Adaptor to fit on the Alpha Black. Its a real simple Mod check it out here!
War Czar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote War Czar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 8:49pm
Ooh! That IS easy! Thanks for that, I'll definitely be doing that now!
ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 10:35pm
StormyKnight you said that tippmann is gonna make a cyclone for the Alpha Black any clue when its gonna be out
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 10:48pm
June with the Egrip. Or so my peoples say...
ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2008 at 9:16pm
OK so I got my Alpha Black andI got the cyclone on it. So now does anyone know if a RT can be put in it . I thought about waiting for the e-grip but I get in the mud and water to much for it. So I bet its gonna be a mod Ill need a shop to do but is it possible?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:10am
No RT Grass Hopper, stick with the E grippage.
XXalphaXX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XXalphaXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 10:06pm
Well after 2.5 hours of carefully grinding, drilling and cleaning,put mine in and it rocks, but be warned it needs alot of metal taken out,you also have to shorten the plunger on the r/t. I would only do it you know what your doing its a tight fit.
alpha black
98 reponse trigger
BT red spring
wicked bolt
cyclone conv.
tech t squishy
tech t vortex
tech t qeph
tech t lightning rod
ricocet hopper
20" smart barrel
mikelomax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikelomax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 9:47am
Originally posted by XXalphaXX XXalphaXX wrote:

Well after 2.5 hours of carefully grinding, drilling and cleaning,put mine in and it rocks, but be warned it needs alot of metal taken out,you also have to shorten the plunger on the r/t. I would only do it you know what your doing its a tight fit.

well we are waiting on the pics!

Mike Lomax
www.LomaxMotorsports.com
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 12:30pm
just go with the egrip.  Mine has been through the worst that mother nature could throw at it and it still is a beast.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
XXalphaXX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XXalphaXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 11:29pm
I dont have the pics on a page yet but I can email them if someone can post them.
alpha black
98 reponse trigger
BT red spring
wicked bolt
cyclone conv.
tech t squishy
tech t vortex
tech t qeph
tech t lightning rod
ricocet hopper
20" smart barrel
ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:26pm
So is the e-grip water proof. Like I said I get in the water and all kinds of crap. Just want to know so I dont ruin a gun
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 11:33pm
its water resistant.  I have used mine in rain, sleet, and snow and it never stopped or had any problems from it.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 11:43am

Originally posted by ajbjoust ajbjoust wrote:

So is the e-grip water proof. Like I said I get in the water and all kinds of crap. Just want to know so I dont ruin a gun

If the design of the E-triger for the Alpha is like the 98, it would be nearly impossible to be waterproof. Basically, you could play in the rain (reasonable amount), but would suggest dropping in a river or anything. The am surprised that Tippmann didnt design the E-grip for the A-5 to be waterproof. Due to the modularity of the E-Grip, it would be a lot easier to do it.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic