Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Alpha Black SOPMOD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
notom66866 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notom66866 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:02pm
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by rhino4195 rhino4195 wrote:

Can you please give me a link for your handguard and your barrel.

Thanks!

Sure...

http://www.buypblusa.com/cgi-bin/zcore.pl?pid=2034&id_eq uipement=2774

and for the Barrel I bought it at a local store so I don't have any link for you but it is a Lapco autospirit 14 inches.

T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:11pm
I am thinking about buying an Alpha Black Tactical. Do you like urs? Should i pre order the one that has e-grip? i am new to paintball if u dont notice lol.
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 9:28pm
Yes, very nice.
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:33am

Originally posted by T RAV29 T RAV29 wrote:

I am thinking about buying an Alpha Black Tactical. Do you like urs? Should i pre order the one that has e-grip? i am new to paintball if u dont notice lol.

To be honest, you don't need the e-grip when your starting. E-grip is something that an experienced paintballer could add in the future. Go with a good ol semi-auto. Pick your shot, practice, try to hit accurately while in semi-auto, then after that get yourself the e-grip if you want. Anyway it would be available seperately, so you can buy it later.

And remember, you can shoot pretty fast with a semi-auto 4-5 ball second easily. It is more than enough for a start. You will see at that rate your paint is going down pretty fast.

Personally I am way more for accurate semi auto shot. Then spraying and praying loads of balls on your opponent. Maybe my next gun I will get the e-grip but not for my Alpha. The e-grip for a small maneuvrable Sub machine gun la (MP5 or UMP) to storm the enemy position and blast the hell of your opponent at close range would be a very good choice for a full auto marker. But for an M4 with a Red dot....Nah... semi-auto FTW!

My 2 cents

Edited by JagdAlex - 15 April 2008 at 12:39am
ThatGuitarGuy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Square Slot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuitarGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:37am
I like economy of shots.  I'm one for "one shot, one kill" which is why I prefer a semi-automatic paintball marker.
It should have the accuracy to take your target out in one shot if you know the distance and how to arc your shot, but you should still have the speed to walk a trail of paint to your target if you don't have time to pull the gun to your face and sight it in.
Skillet:     I've never been terribly fond of the look of a vagina
T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 6:36am
alright ty for help. one more thing whered u buy ur alpha black tactical?
brglotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brglotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 8:58am

You can get the Tactical Alpha at any pb store online around $130.00. I know that Dicks Sporting goods also has them around me (just the base version though) at the store, but not available online. I was going to buy the base version and add all my 98C stuff to it, but I think I'm going to stick to my trusty 98C with my M4 Kit on it. Also, stay with semi-auto for starting out. I've been playing since 1995 and still don't pefer the Auto versions, you end up using all your paint and batteries, plus air. 

JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 9:17am
Originally posted by brglotus brglotus wrote:

You can get the Tactical Alpha at any pb store online around $130.00. I know that Dicks Sporting goods also has them around me (just the base version though) at the store, but not available online. I was going to buy the base version and add all my 98C stuff to it, but I think I'm going to stick to my trusty 98C with my M4 Kit on it. Also, stay with semi-auto for starting out. I've been playing since 1995 and still don't pefer the Auto versions, you end up using all your paint and batteries, plus air. 

I would not see the point that you change from your 98c with an M4 kit on it to an Alpha Black...it is the samething!

brglotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brglotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by JagdAlex JagdAlex wrote:

I would not see the point that you change from your 98c with an M4 kit on it to an Alpha Black...it is the samething!

Because I hate the magazine look (placement) on the 98C and perfer the look of the Alpha. Also, my 98C can't be upgraded with an E-trigger due to the year of it, where as the Alpha can be (eventually). But, i've decided to purchase a new Bossman M4 magazine and keep my 98C. 

JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:42pm

Because I hate the magazine look (placement) on the 98C and perfer the look of the Alpha. Also, my 98C can't be upgraded with an E-trigger due to the year of it, where as the Alpha can be (eventually). But, i've decided to purchase a new Bossman M4 magazine and keep my 98C. 

My bad I did not know that there was some 98 that could not have the E-grip added.

brglotus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brglotus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 2:35pm

My bad I did not know that there was some 98 that could not have the E-grip added.

Yeah, it's like pre-2006 and #893,000 or something like that. I could be wrong on both numbers but I know mine was one of the first 98 Customs and can't take the E-trigger. I also have an orginal 98, that's how old school I am, lol.

T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 3:13pm
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 3:59pm

http://www.buypblusa.com/cgi-bin/zcore.pl?pid=2034&id_eq uipement=2997

r u talking about that?

Yup that's the one stock, mine is heavily modified.

T RAV29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T RAV29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 6:11pm

now i am thinking about saving up my $$$ for an A 5

rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:46pm
Thanks for the link JagdAlex!
rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 5:48pm
Will that handguard fit on the Alpha's stock barrel?
JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 8:49pm

Will that handguard fit on the Alpha's stock barrel?

Unfortunately no...I tried and it did not work. The stock Alpha black barrel is 1 1/8 inch wide. The 1/8 screw up the whole thing. It would have been 1 inch like OPSGEAR, lapco barrels, it could have worked.

If you want the RIS tactical handguard you will have to get yourself another barrel!

rhino4195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhino4195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 9:29pm

That's O.K. I wanted a new barrel anyway. Do you have any idea if the Lapco big shot barrel is any good?  I am assuming that the RIS tactical handguard will fit that barrel. Well, I hope so!  Thank you for all of your help!  

JagdAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagdAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:34am

That's O.K. I wanted a new barrel anyway. Do you have any idea if the Lapco big shot barrel is any good?  I am assuming that the RIS tactical handguard will fit that barrel. Well, I hope so!  Thank you for all of your help!  

I have a 14 inches lapco autospirit and it fits, it's tight but it fits.

The lapco bigshot or autospirit are 2 really good barrels for their price. The autospirit is for med size paint .687 .688 and big shot for bigger size .688 .689. depending on the kind of paint that you are using, its your call. Also don't forget to get an HPA tank, Co2 simply sucks, the consistency of your shot on a Co2 tank is simply horrendous.

Edited by JagdAlex - 18 April 2008 at 12:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic