FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ghillie Suits and Spraypaint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 1:08pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 7:04am
The main ting you want to do when you make a ghillie is
  1. make it fire retardant
  2. hope you don't get overshot
  3. make sure you don't move, ever
Spray paint will not help. The best idea is to find someone who actually knows how to make them and get them to help you.

Every homemade ghillie i've ever seen looks like a big mop.
aceatc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceatc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 1:04am
I know ghillie suits don't really apply to paintball, but I would like to ask a question about them anyways :) Hopefully someone out there knows a thing-or-two about this...

My question is: Can I camouflage a ghillie suit (using burlap/jute) with only spray paint, instead of dye?

It would be a lot faster and cheaper. I know it's going to smell for the first day or so, but I live next to a forest so the smell won't last too long if I roll around in the forest a bunch.

Am I getting my hopes up or could this work? I'm gonna try something like this with a camo net, but I would still like to hear what you guys have to say.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic