FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parents pray, daughter dies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents pray, daughter dies
    Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:08pm
They prayed for her instead of taking her to the hospital.

It's sad how far people take their beliefs.

Link to blog where I found it (main link is dead all of a sudden)

Edited by Tolgak - 26 March 2008 at 4:11pm
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:13pm
LOLZ

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:15pm
I believe in God, but I'm not an idiot. The girl needed medical help, not prayer.

This is almost as bad as the guy who claims the Devil made him microwave his toddler.
Rottergotterdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:22pm

God gave us the ability to practice medicine...it's not a lack of Faith to take someone to the doctor. Actually, in some ways, I see not taking her as a sin because you would be / are testing God (in the sense that you are putting God into a position where He must intervene)

Female Jihad: Virgins willing to do it all for Allah
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Rottergotterdam Rottergotterdam wrote:

you would be / are testing God (in the sense that you are putting God into a position where He must intervene)

Isn't the point of prayer to get your god to intervene?

Why would something so loving refuse to intervene?
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:24pm

God gave us the ability to practice medicine...it's not a lack of Faith to take someone to the doctor. Actually, in some ways, I see not taking her as a sin because you would be / are testing God (in the sense that you are putting God into a position where He must intervene)

Interesting position. The phrase "Thou shall not tempt the lord" indeed comes to mind.

Interesting indeed.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:25pm
They should be charged with criminal negligence.
Snake6. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:26pm

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Agreed.

Paintball Chat
I'm at work, Leave me alone!!!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:27pm
Some people are just too stupid to breed.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

They will be I'm sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

you would be / are testing God (in the sense that you are putting God into a position where He must intervene)

Isn't the point of prayer to get your god to intervene?

Why would something so loving refuse to intervene?

You do, but when, in the Bible, Jesus is tempted and is asked to jump off a building...God could (and probably would have) intervened. However, Jesus replies that, "Thou shall not test the Lord," or something like that.

When he says this, it means do not knowingly / intentionally put yourself into a bad position where God has to intercede. If we can avoid the bad situation all together (and not sin) then we should. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:29pm
So that way, you can be in the wrong no-matter what. Way to be clear jesus.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

? ? ?

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Isn't the point of prayer to get your god to intervene?Why would something so loving refuse to intervene?

You do, but when, in the Bible, Jesus is tempted and is asked to jump off a building...God could (and probably would have) intervened. However, Jesus replies that, "Thou shall not test the Lord," or something like that.

When he says this, it means do not knowingly / intentionally†put yourself into a bad position where God has to intercede. If we can avoid the bad situation all together (and not sin) then we should.†

Or that he was a liar and a good magician?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:33pm

? ? ?

I just mean like the "pray...but dont pray...cause then you're testing god..."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:34pm

The point is, based on their beliefs and what I know / understand, that it would actually by contradictory to their beliefs to not take their daughter to the hospital.

Whether or not you are Christian or not is not my concern. I'm just explaining it from my stand point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:38pm

? ? ?

I just mean like the "pray...but dont pray...cause then you're testing god..."

Yes, you should pray (not you specifically), but also I think you need to put some work in as well. Take the girl to a doctor while praying. God isn't going to come down and simply fix your insulin levels.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:43pm
she suffered for some time before she died....I am a parent.  I can't understand why any parent would watch their child suffer like that without getting any medical assistance for her. Her diabetes was easily treatable.  I hope they do get charged and convicted of neglect and manslaughter.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:44pm

[QUOTE=Rottergotterdam]Yes, you should pray (not you specifically), but also I think you need to put some work in as well. Take the girl to a doctor while praying. God isn't going to come down and simply fix your insulin levels.

[/QUOTE]

So...   why bother with the prayer if you are going to the doc anyway?  Every study on the subject shows that people getting medical care show the same results regardless of whether people are praying for the patient.  Seems like the point of prayer would SPECIFICALLY be for those situations where you can't fix it yourself.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:48pm

That is true (about the medical studies), but then we look at a lot of the very specific predictions made in the Bible that are non-self fulfilling and see how some of them have come true...it really is interesting. I read a book about it, eh..."Why I believe" (I think is what it is called)

Anyway, my point is (as it has been) that by not taking her to a doctor runs contrary to their own beliefs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic