FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parents pray, daughter dies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
bravecoward View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:34am
Bunkered, Where exactly did you get your statement that the idea of pope was never mention in the bible?

And do you know what Peter John and James did?

edit: hmmm i missed read your post it seems

Edited by bravecoward - 31 March 2008 at 12:40am
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Well, I'm trying my hardest not to bash on atheism.
I can only restrain myself so much.
It takes quite a bit to insult an atheist by his beliefs. Usually we feel insulted when your thoughts of us come about by lies and misconceptions. Otherwise most don't care.Go ahead. Tell us your gripes.

The fact that any time I've talked to an atheist about any aspect of religion (IE: not preaching at them), the conversation instantly turns to, "LOLZ! You have an imaginary friend in the sky. Does he hang out with Santa and the Easter Bunny?" and so on.

That and the whole killings babies/raping women/burning churches thing.

But seriously... If Susan had read my previous posts she might have seen that I was not insulted by what she said, but rather commented on it being an inflammatory remark on her part.
It takes a bit more than that to offend me. I'm not exactly the most politically correct person around and will basically make fun of anyone/anthing , so when it comes my way I just take it and move on.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

I believe in ancient Norse gods. 

Who doesn't love a Valkyrie?

Ones not lucky enough to be carried away by them to Valhalla.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:37am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Well, I'm trying my hardest not to bash on atheism. I can only restrain myself so much.

Bash away.

Here here

BABY-KILLER!
YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN THE FIRE OF 1000 SUNS!
Repent, I say, heathens!

Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:39am

BABY-KILLER!
Repent, I say, heathens!

Boo.

Come on - seriously.  You're a smart guy, this is your chance for an intelligent response to your concerns.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:41am

The fact that any time I've talked to an atheist about any aspect of religion (IE: not preaching at them), the conversation instantly turns to, "LOLZ! You have an imaginary friend in the sky. Does he hang out with Santa and the Easter Bunny?" and so on.

And again, I can promise you that you are wrong.  For every atheist that reacts that way, there are ten that say nothing at all.

You are letting saliency get the better of you.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:43am
Take the time to write up a paper, or at least a long well thought out response. You write, I'll write a point by point response with my own further incite added.

We could make it an ongoing forum essay series.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:45am

It takes quite a bit to insult an atheist by his beliefs. Usually we feel insulted when your thoughts of us come about by lies and misconceptions. Otherwise most don't care.Go ahead. Tell us your gripes.

So your problem is that most atheists think your beliefs are funny.

There's a good quote about that, but I'm afraid that by posting it, I'll qualify for your "laughing atheists" club.

The other problem I can derive is that I don't think you've ever spoken to civil atheists. Most of us joke because
1) We think your beliefs are funny
2) Logical arguments don't make it past the Broab of many religious peoples' brains.

But seriously... If Susan had read my previous posts she might have seen that I was not insulted by what she said, but rather commented on it being an inflammatory remark on her part.
It takes a bit more than that to offend me. I'm not exactly the most politically correct person around and will basically make fun of anyone/anthing , so when it comes my way I just take it and move on.

So if you're like that, why is it wrong for us to be non-PC and make fun of you?

Edited by Tolgak - 31 March 2008 at 12:46am
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:46am

Take the time to write up a paper, or at least a long well thought out response. You write, I'll write a point by point response with my own further incite added.

We could make it an ongoing forum essay series.
The idea is quite intellectual but it makes me sick thinking of having to write another essay.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:48am

BABY-KILLER! YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN THE FIRE OF 1000 SUNS! Repent, I say, heathens!

Boo.

Come on - seriously.  You're a smart guy, this is your chance for an intelligent response to your concerns.

I have already voiced my concerns.
See my response to Tolga K's post.

I guess my biggest problem with atheists is.... You guys just don't seem to be tactful in your presentation whatsoever.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:53am

I guess my biggest problem with atheists is.... You guys just don't seem to be tactful in your presentation whatsoever.
How is telling someone if they don't agree they're going to hell tactful?

And also most of this thread has been pretty peaceful and polite. From your statement it appears that you just disregard any opposition to your viewpoints as offensive.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:53am

<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">So your problem is that most atheists think your beliefs are funny. </span><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">
<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">
There's a good quote about that, but I'm afraid that by posting it, I'll qualify for your "laughing atheists" club.</span><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">The other problem I can derive is that I don't think you've ever spoken to civil atheists. Most of us joke because1) We think your beliefs are funny2) Logical arguments don't make it past the Broab of many religious peoples' brains.</span>
It takes a bit more than that to offend me. I'm not exactly the most politically correct person around and will basically make fun of anyone/anthing , so when it comes my way I just take it and move on.<span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">So if you're like that, why is it wrong for us to be non-PC and make fun of you?</span>

Laugh away...
I just said I don't care in like 3 consecutive posts.

But please, come up with something better than "LOLZ, Christians are teh uber-dumb."
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:54am

You keep saying that - yet you throw out incorrect generalizations like this in virtually every post, and casually accuse millions of believers of hypocrisy.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:02am

Well, I'm trying my hardest not to bash on atheism. I can only restrain myself so much.

Bash away.

Here here

Oh come on, just do it.

Explain why there rationally is a god.

Or that if there is an allmighty god, why would they care if you pray to them or worship them or not? Why is religion the answer and out of all the many others, why is yours correct?
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:02am

You keep saying that - yet you throw out incorrect generalizations like this in virtually every post, and casually accuse millions of believers of hypocrisy.

What makes you think that's an incorrect generalization? Should I limit this to "forum atheists?"

The couple of people of faith that have come in here have said that what you were saying is offensive.

Edited by Bunkered - 31 March 2008 at 1:02am
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:06am

What makes you think that's an incorrect generalization? Should I limit this to "forum atheists?"

Because, as I have pointed out in numerous posts, most atheists spend most of their time specifically avoiding the subject and just blending in.  And that includes on this forum as well.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:14am

Because, as I have pointed out in numerous posts, most atheists spend most of their time specifically avoiding the subject and just blending in.  And that includes on this forum as well.

But Susan, clearly the two or three atheists who commonly debate religion must represent all the atheists on the forum! And also all the ones in the world !

Just like the few idiots debating religion while dodging questions and refusing to provide proof represent all the religious people in the world. After all, Bunkered was recently appointed official internet messenger to the pope wasent he? It's just too bad that he is the only person on this entire forum who follows a religion.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:15am

Yeah, I'll back susan's post on this. I'm an atheist and I have not said much this entire thread. In fact I barely ever argue religion on this forum. There are a bunch of people in pbc that are the same way.

Edited by Snake6 - 31 March 2008 at 1:16am
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:19am

Bash away.

Here here

BABY-KILLER!
Repent, I say, heathens!

Heaven is hotter than hell
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 11:28am

BABY-KILLER!

Repent, I say, heathens!

Boo.

How about something like this:

I can't believe the arrogance of you atheists, convincing yourself that there is nothing in this universe that is greater or beyond yourself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic