FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parents pray, daughter dies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Wow. Talk about downright obnoxious anti-religion bias. 
Sorry, but I can't support a religion when a child dies because of it, when conventional medicine could have been used to easily treat her condition.

Edited by Benjichang - 26 March 2008 at 8:46pm
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Sorry, but I can't support a religion when a child dies because of it, when conventional medicine could have been used to easily treat her condition.

What's worse is when they don't find it acceptable to punish the parents who let it happen.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:56pm
I'd rather be happy for real reasons and believe in real things, not because I place my entire life in the hands of some book written by man ages ago.

Something better happen to those parents...
Rottergotterdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:58pm

Are you basing your view of millions, if not billions, of people off a small group? (I am asking)

Female Jihad: Virgins willing to do it all for Allah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:00pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

I'd rather be happy for real reasons and believe in real things, not because I place my entire life in the hands of some book written by man ages ago.

Something better happen to those parents...

Not to be too cliche...

But happiness does not arise from the way things are, but the way we percieve them. My Faith, my God...that's real to me. That is what I percieve. So, this is a real reason.

For some, getting a new car is a reason to be happy. For others, it's just sorta something you end up doing and it's annoying.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Rottergotterdam Rottergotterdam wrote:

Are you basing your view of millions, if not billions, of people off a small group? (I am asking)

Says the guy who thinks non-believers are broken people...

Edited by Tolgak - 26 March 2008 at 9:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:12pm

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Says the guy who thinks non-believers are broken people...

No, if you re-read, I am saying that people without hope are broken. Then I said that it is often my Faith that gives me hope. ;)

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:17pm
Personally, I'd say getting your hope from an imaginary friend is kinda sad. Lots of other ways to get hope out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:20pm

Personally, I'd say getting your hope from an imaginary friend is kinda sad. Lots of other ways to get hope out there

Hmm...well, all my friends aren't imaginary...

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:24pm

Hmm...well, all my friends aren't imaginary...

No, but I'm saying if you want to have hope/ a reason to live, I'd prefer for it to be things I can see/ be proven/ more realistic than a book.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:32pm

I'm going to have to be smart and say that a book is a very real object...

At any rate, books make a lot of people happy. Books, and the result of their reading, have influenced billions of people over centuries (not just the Bible)...so books, and their content, are very real.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:35pm
Yeah, I totally hung out with Gandalf the other day.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:35pm
I'm being an ass at this point. I'm sorry.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:44pm

At any rate, books make a lot of people happy. Books, and the result of their reading, have influenced billions of people over centuries (not just the Bible)...so books, and their content, are very real.

Well yes, of course books are real, but I can't imagine a single book that would make me kill my kids because I think someone will fix them without taking them to the hospital.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:46pm

Well yes, of course books are real, but I can't imagine a single book that would make me kill my kids because I think someone will fix them without taking them to the hospital.

Again, the whole point that I was trying to make was that I think that, under the circumstances, based on what I head read and believe about Christianity, the parents were wrong.

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Do you also harbor feelings against Islam? How many children have died as a result of Islamic Extremists. And how many more lost parents? All Religions have their nuts. Hell even a great deal of Athiests are nuts.

What's worse is when they don't find it acceptable to punish the parents who let it happen.

Well. I agree with thinking that they need to be charged and prosecuted for Criminal Negligence. I don't expect Jesus to heal me or anybody else who is sick. Thats why We have medicine. The whole prayer thing is for most something you do on the side. I would never take prayer over medicine.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 9:59pm
I disagree with the notion of religion in general. Islam has nothing to do with this situation, I don't know why you brought that one up.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 10:03pm
Simply because its another Religion. Everybody is well aware of those who have died because of Islamic Extremism.

I don't mind Religion at all. When people die as a result of it is when I get concerned.

I might have been raised in it though I have my doubts about the God/Jesus idea (as most sane people do). But the majority of this forum is generally very Anti-Christian and it annoys Me.

jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 10:18pm
Kinda sounds like the movie the exorcism of emily rose.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 10:37pm

Simply because its another Religion. Everybody is well aware of those who have died because of Islamic Extremism.

I don't mind Religion at all. When people die as a result of it is when I get concerned.

I might have been raised in it though I have my doubts about the God/Jesus idea (as most sane people do). But the majority of this forum is generally very Anti-Christian and it annoys Me.

I can give you plenty of reasons why most forumers are anti-Christian.

1) Christians run the country. Whenever there's intolerance in the U.S. it's almost always a result of Christian bigotry. It doesn't happen nearly as much with the other religions here, because people come here, because those who do are moderates.

2) More devout Christians want to dismantle or ignore the Constitution. The fact that they are a majority allows leaders to bypass Constitutional law.

3) Christians play the victim card even though they have nothing to worry about.

4) You may remember how many people Islam has killed. Do you remember how much more Christianity has gotten rid of?

5) Christians propagate the us vs. them mentality that makes it so easy for US citizens to want to destroy Islam so much.

6) The most powerful Christian in our country, who is highly influenced by Christianity, has gotten about 100k civilians in the Mid East and 4000 of OUR OWN soldiers killed in the name of his god.

7) Christians (even ones who claim to be moderate like you) pity people of other beliefs.

8) Christians proselytize obnoxiously here. Much of the money they get for missions is spent on creating churches instead of improving the quality of life.

Should I really keep going?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic