FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parents pray, daughter dies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Hysteria View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 2 - Language, 9/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

They should be charged with criminal negligence.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

she suffered for some time before she died....I am a parent. I can't understand why any parent would watch their child suffer like that without getting any medical assistance for her. Her diabetes was easily treatable. I hope they do get charged and convicted of neglect and manslaughter.

Cause they've got the jesus, so it's not them being neglectful.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Snake6. Snake6. wrote:

Agreed.

Steam: Kingtiger125
<Jeremy> View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote <Jeremy> Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

The mother believes the girl could still be resurrected, the police chief said

O...M....G...

I think they should now go to an Insane Asylum.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by <Jeremy> <Jeremy> wrote:

Originally posted by Article Article wrote:

The mother believes the girl could still be resurrected, the police chief said

O...M....G...

I think they should now go to an Insane Asylum.
They just need to find a paladin. Hopefully she didn't release yet.

Edited by Benjichang - 26 March 2008 at 5:08pm
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:17pm
I'm diabetic, and I can not even begin to imagine how horrible she must have felt.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Rottergotterdam Rottergotterdam wrote:

That is true (about the medical studies), but then we look at a lot of the very specific predictions made in the Bible that are non-self fulfilling and see how some of them have come true...it really is interesting. I read a book about it, eh..."Why I believe" (I think is what it is called)

Not to hijack the thread or anything...

But every piece of apologist literature that I have read (which is a fair amount, but does not include the book you mention) suffers from massive logical failure - sometimes to an embarassing level.  The only way these "arguments" work is if the reader has already reached the final conclusion and is just looking to shore up his/her belief.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
bishopisback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bishopisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:39pm
Score another for religion!
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by bishopisback bishopisback wrote:

Score another for religion!
Rottergotterdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Susan Storm Susan Storm wrote:

That is true (about the medical studies), but then we look at a lot of the very specific predictions made in the Bible that are non-self fulfilling and see how some of them have come true...it really is interesting. I read a book about it, eh..."Why I believe" (I think is what it is called)

Not to hijack the thread or anything...

But every piece of apologist literature that I have read (which is a fair amount, but does not include the book you mention) suffers from massive logical failure - sometimes to an embarassing level.  The only way these "arguments" work is if the reader has already reached the final conclusion and is just looking to shore up his/her belief.

That book, on the argument of logic, my not be a great work of philosophy, but when you read certain parts it's actually kinda of impressive (the part where it shows how different predictions have come true and how some seem to actually contradict one another but how things worked out).

I've already reached the conclusion that...I lose nothing by believing in something that pushed you to be nice, get along, etc.

Edit - So, yes, it wouldn't matter if you were right about it...I wouldn't stop believing unless God came to me and told me He didn't exist, but...that would just be silly.

Edited by Rottergotterdam - 26 March 2008 at 5:55pm
Female Jihad: Virgins willing to do it all for Allah
Jack Carver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Carver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Why would something so loving refuse to intervene?
We as humans are not on a level where we can explicitly understand every little thing God says and does. I'm a bit curious though, where did you get your impression of God and his love toward his people? I'm not accusing or anything, just wondering.

And if he had intervened, and there was a religious blog about how a girl was cured of diabetes by prayer, would you believe it?

Edited by Jack Carver - 26 March 2008 at 6:04pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:04pm
That's always a great way of explaining it. "If evidence seems to state that something doesn't work, we'll just say that we can't understand what God wants from us, so don't question it."

And no, I wouldn't believe it if someone claimed to be healed by prayer. I'm not stupid. A little insulin might have done the trick however.

Edited by Benjichang - 26 March 2008 at 6:05pm
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Jack Carver Jack Carver wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Why would something so loving refuse to intervene?
We as humans are not on a level where we can explicitly understand every little thing God says and does.

And if he had intervened, and there was a religious blog about how a girl was cured of diabetes by prayer, would you believe it?

Would it have hurt him to send them a sign? Maybe one of their shrubs out in the front yard could have caught fire and told them to go to a doctor.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

That's always a great way of explaining it. "If evidence seems to state that something doesn't work, we'll just say that we can't understand what God wants from us, so don't question it."

And no, I wouldn't believe it if someone claimed to be healed by prayer. I'm not stupid. A little insulin might have done the trick however.

We all do what we do. Sometimes, evidence may not point to something...but either way, I find it's worth believing in

Susan Storm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Shot at Love Contestant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:16pm

Edit - So, yes, it wouldn't matter if you were right about it...I wouldn't stop believing unless God came to me and told me He didn't exist, but...that would just be silly.

I can certainly respect that.

"No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 6:29pm
Maybe it's just because I'm going into the medical field and currently taking Immunology, Medical Microbiology, OTC's, and Physio, but it seems silly to me to seek a supernatural solution to a physical problem.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Hysteria Hysteria wrote:

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Maybe it's just because I'm going into the medical field and currently taking Immunology, Medical Microbiology, OTC's, and Physio, but it seems silly to me to seek a supernatural solution to a physical problem.

But they have faith. With faith you dont need logic of proof.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rottergotterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:28pm

Sometimes, having Faith in something that may not be "logical" is better because it gives me hope. And I think a man without hope is a broken man and when I look at people I consider "broken" I think that honestly...I'd rather be dead. And when you read the Bible, understand what it's saying, a lot of it is good advice.

Edit - And I'm not trying to convert you to my beliefs. Especially over the internet.

Edited by Rottergotterdam - 26 March 2008 at 8:32pm
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2008 at 8:29pm
Wow. Talk about downright obnoxious anti-religion bias. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic