Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3000 psi or 4500 psi hpa tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
clinebj22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clinebj22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3000 psi or 4500 psi hpa tank
    Posted: 16 March 2008 at 12:01am

hey guy i just have a quick question about hpa. i play only woods ball and am looking into getting a hpa tank. i have an a5 with a j&j ceramic barrel, and an expansion chamber. i have been looking for a scuba tank to fill the hpa tank off of(i can refill the scuba tank at the fire dept i am on free) but i can only find 3000 psi tanks. if i got a 4500 psi hpa tank for my a5 made of composite(weight is the reason i am asking this question) would i loose any shots from the 4500 tank because it will only be filled to 3000 psi? this way if i happen to find a 4500 psi scuba tank i already have a 4500 psi hpa tank. any replies appreciated

Thanks,Brandon

Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 12:42am
You will get the same amount of shots off of a 68ci/3000psi tank as a 68ci/4500psi that is only filled to 3000psi.
clinebj22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clinebj22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 7:46am
that is what i thought. thanks
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2008 at 12:31pm
That is true but if you factor in weight you still may want to look into the 4500.  And if you ever go to  a different field that can fill to 4500 it will pay off.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:15am

Generally, 3000psi tanks are much less expen$ive than their 4500psi counterparts.  If you have a SCUBA tank and fillstation and can fill that tank for free, save some money and get a couple of large capacity 3000psi tanks.  You won't get full fills off the SCUBA tank each time you fill off of it, but who cares?  Just fill your tank(s) between games until your SCUBA tanks runs out of air.  I have the following tanks I got for super cheap:  (2) 114ci/3000psi, (1) 72ci/3000psi, and (1) 50ci/3000psi.  I can only get 3000psi fills where I live and saw no reason to spend the extra money for tanks I can't fully utilize.

Brianwawrz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brianwawrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 7:03am
Do you guys think that HPA tanks are worth it? Because I don't want to
spend a bunch of money on something that isn't going to produce results.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2008 at 2:53pm
They are much more consistant and do make a difference.  I noticed alot less drop in my fps especially in the cold.  Also if you do switch you can always try and sell the expansion chamber you have on there and that would help pay for some of the tank.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic